PSDS info and best time to go

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default PSDS info and best time to go

Been reading about PSDS in Alabama and how good the 2 day class is, few Q's

1) Since I am considering a 911S, do they have 997.2 pDK cars for driving lessons during the course
Also, what other cars do we drive in the 2 day class or can we pick just a 911?

2) Good to go in 4th quarter or since it is getting colder, wait for warmer weather ?
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
Been reading about PSDS in Alabama and how good the 2 day class is, few Q's

1) Since I am considering a 911S, do they have 997.2 pDK cars for driving lessons during the course
Also, what other cars do we drive in the 2 day class or can we pick just a 911?

2) Good to go in 4th quarter or since it is getting colder, wait for warmer weather ?
1) How good is PSDS? You will wonder why you have waited so long, and after attending you will want to go back again!!
Yes, there are Carrera PDK cars available for you to use.
You will also drive the PDK Carrera S

Autocross you will use the Boxster & Cayman.
Skills exercise the Cayman

In 2010 the Cayman will be allowed on track.

2) Any time in Alabama is good. Spring is possibly the nicest time.
Even if it rains PSDS is great, possibly better.

You will have a blast attending PSDS!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:05 PM
KenMarks
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree with MJones. I attended the Performance Driving course Sept. 15 -16, 2009 and will be going back for the Masters course Nov. 3 - 4. I drove a PDK the entire time I was in the school in September, Carrera, Carrera S, Cayman and Boxster. It was a blast. Enough for me to want to go back right away. Next week, I will again be driving a PDK car.

At home, I drive a 2009 C4S with PDK.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

I did the performance course in dec 08 and the class was only about 2/3 full. Which I think gives you a litle more time behind the wheel in some of the drills.

It was cool and cloudy with some rain but nothing bad. I wore a light sweat jacket and was fine and you stayed in the vans when it wa s raining.

It a great expereince.

There are other good places to learn also.

For example, this past week I did a "drive your own" with bertil roos and you had 3 driving sessions for 1 hour each. With and w/o an instructor as requested. A terrific amount of track time and instruction for the price.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have done Bob Bondurant schools

1 track weekend at a PCA track event is just as good and 10% of the cost... my PCA region has some of the best pro and non pro drivers and instructors and they instruct for FREE!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mobonic
I have done Bob Bondurant schools

1 track weekend at a PCA track event is just as good and 10% of the cost... my PCA region has some of the best pro and non pro drivers and instructors and they instruct for FREE!
I've done several PCA DE's and in the last two I have had superb instructors. Both as good as any of the guys I had at PSDS.

However you can get the occassional not so good coach. (I have had one really bad one).

One thing I like about the PCA events is that the instructor is in the car at all times. Thats not done at PSDS and thats a disadvantage IMO.

Also that track time is much less at a PCA event than at PSDS or the Roos school.

I enjoyed my PSDS but I have said before if I was to do it again I would do a couple of PCA DE's first to get some of my beginners learnings out of the way before I went to PSDS.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:31 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've had PCA instruction and local school instruction. generally it does not compare to PSDS.

i enjoyed 2 trips in the fall with nice weather, one day of rain. i like the silly season to get a few of the active racer instructors there but i'm thinking of going this spring again.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 AM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

During a PCA De event and have not done any, since we have to use our own cars is it brakes and tires that get the most hit?

What kinda wear and tear on the above can we expect out of a DE eveent?

Thx

Quick Reply: PSDS info and best time to go