Sponsored by:

Lloyds floor mats.......issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i honestly think it was nice of them to offer to fix the issue, would have been nicer for them to cover all costs, but still that offer is better than most would do.
Please don't take offense but I never understood that kind of thinking. They sold me a product that not only is defective but as some have pointed out could be dangerous (Toyota to recall 3.8M vehicles over floor mats http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/...ota_floor_mats)

What's nice about them telling me the only way they'll even consider fixing the problem is if I ship their defective mats back at my expense, especially when they are fully aware of their own design flaw? This has exactlly nothing to do with $20 but has everything to do with principle. Why should a customer be asked to pay more for a brand new product that's not working than he would for a brand new one that is working? For example......if the new car you just picked up from the dealership crapped out half way home and the service manager told you they'll take care of it as long as you bring the car back at your expense, would you describe that dealership and its service manager as "nice"?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:47 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by mambodoc
Why not return them for a refund?!
Because they would return them to me......also at my expense. I got these mats just before going on a 3 1/2 week trip overseas and I also didn't keep the box they came in since they looked perfect.

Parts returned after 30 days not in new condition or not in original packaging will be returned to the customer at customer's expense.

http://www.automotion.com/Guarantee.asp?
It's really not a big deal to me. Just the kind of stuff that's shared here for everyone's awareness. Moral of this story: There may be better places to buy new floor mats than those I have cited here.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:50 AM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
They won't. I asked....very politely and the answer is no.
If you haven't already done so, it might be worth contacting Lloyd corporate headquarters directly. I see that their contact details are as follows:

Lloyd Design Corp.
9215 Cranford Avenue
Arleta, California 91331
818-768-6001

I suppose it's worth a shot.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:40 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got it...seems I'll avoid Automotion AND Lloyds. What a drag.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I've had several Lloyd mats in several Porsches. The clip system works, but some clips don't snap as well as others. The manufacturing tolerances aren't perfect. I'd ask for another set of clips for the seats (male) as that seems to be the major problem rather than the mat receptacles (female). I just got a set of sisal coco mats from cocomat.com for my MB 380SL, and while they are well made and don't slip, they smell of cheap used car freshener. Life just ain't perfect..........
Old 10-26-2009, 12:59 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What a laughable crappy design. Anytime the installation for a piece of fabric calls for the use of wrenches, you know something ain't right. Haven't these neanderthals heard of velcro by now?

And even if the cheapo chinese clips hold up, there will always be some elastic movement of the materials in the connection chain from the floor mount to the strap holding the mat. Why they thought this was a better solution than the non-slip velcro one is beyond me. These people are obviously not very bright. No surprise they're not familiar with good customer service.

Sorry for your misfortune, but thanks for pointing out why we should stay away from this aftermarket product. When they finally come around to using velcro then they might deserve a second look.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:35 PM
sharmat
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OCBen
What a laughable crappy design. Anytime the installation for a piece of fabric calls for the use of wrenches, you know something ain't right. Haven't these neanderthals heard of velcro by now?

And even if the cheapo chinese clips hold up, there will always be some elastic movement of the materials in the connection chain from the floor mount to the strap holding the mat. Why they thought this was a better solution than the non-slip velcro one is beyond me. These people are obviously not very bright. No surprise they're not familiar with good customer service.

Sorry for your misfortune, but thanks for pointing out why we should stay away from this aftermarket product. When they finally come around to using velcro then they might deserve a second look.
Well put Ben.
I was thinking of getting these mats but the securing system is a turn off. I just assumed they would use the velcro set up the Porsche already has in place instead of inventing another method. Oh well.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Cut off the clip on the mat end, goto a hobby store and look for some heavy duty velco tape. I used the furry(?) portion of the velco and stick it at the bottom of the mat. Line it up with the OEM velcro anchor on the car and you should be all set.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:46 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Amen...doesn't anybody know how to fix anything anymore? In all the time spent finding out who is wrong or right on this...the problem could have been solved.
abe

Originally Posted by PistolPete
Cut off the clip on the mat end, goto a hobby store and look for some heavy duty velco tape. I used the furry(?) portion of the velco and stick it at the bottom of the mat. Line it up with the OEM velcro anchor on the car and you should be all set.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of factory mats and a set of Lloyds mats. Both systems work fine. I would ask for a new set of male clips as yours apparently do not snap together tightly.

The Lloyds mats are far superior quality to the factory mats. For anyone ordering a new car, skip the factory mats and just order up a set of the Lloyds.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Lloyds makes a clip system for their mats. It appears you're not using them. They are highly effective.
+1 my Lloyd's came with the clip system and work nicely.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:41 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take my mats out first thing and install the Weather Tech Floorliners...I've yet to have a set not fit rite and when my Cayenne floorliners were a bit bowed, they shipped a new set and paid post back to them. If you like the "carpety feel'" you're out of luck with these, but they have a handsome "utilitarian" look, clean up easily and well,...catch all debris....and last forever! (almost)...ie: one set,3 years, 2 Cayenne...still looking pretty new!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 AM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If LLoyds would only make them like the cocomats which are heavy and heavy duty with a rubber bottom that doesn't slide...they wouldn't have these problems.
abe

Quick Reply: Lloyds floor mats.......issue