Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Exhaust for 09 997S

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SharkWerks Exhaust for 09 997S

Hi all, I am looking for owner feedback on the exhaust center muffler bypass kit. I have visited the SharkWerks website and have seen the video, but it isn't enough for me to decide on how it really sounds. Anybody out there have one? TIA
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Todd,

It sounds awesome! It's not loud when you don't want it to be. But when you reach 4k and over, it wails! There's no drone at lower rpm's. I highly recommend it.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:59 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

I put one on my '09 C2S in January right after I took delivery. The sound is great, the installation is easy even with the car on the ground. I have taken several long trips and inside the cabin it is a quiet as with the original muffler. HOWEVER,when you step on the gas it sounds more like a GT3 with authority. That great Porsche sound. Additional benefits include a reduction of at least 10 lbs in the place you most want to reduce weight low and in the rear. There is also an increase in horsepower as per their tests. Lastly you are providing more physical airspace around the engine so you have slightly improved the airflow and thus reduced heat build up.

The product is well made and my dealer likes the look and sound and does not consider it a mod that affects warranty. Happy camper all around
Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Thank You both. Hey another yellow Cab? Nice!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM
sezme
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I did mine last month on my '09 C2S - with the EVOMSit ECU upgrade. NIGHT and DAY.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:20 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks fellas and glad you like them... As I tell everyone, if for some reason you don't like it please feel free to send it back etc... and start over
Old 08-16-2009, 08:05 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 120 Posts

Alex is one of the best people to deal with in this business. I consider him very honest and knowledgeable. The X pipe for 09 Carreras will someday become industry standard similar to their center exhaust for the GT3.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:47 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks fellas and glad you like them... As I tell everyone, if for some reason you don't like it please feel free to send it back etc... and start over
Alex, I am assuming you don't mean like this!

Returning an item

Seriously, Alex, that is a great offer!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:15 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Been away for 2 weeks and wanted to weigh in. Put mine on right after the 2k break-in / oil change. Love the subtlety of it. Slightly louder, deeper, and really screams at WOT / upper RPM band. Many compliments at the track, yet I can drive conservatively in my neighborhood and not attract attention.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:48 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Alex is one of the best people to deal with in this business. I consider him very honest and knowledgeable. The X pipe for 09 Carreras will someday become industry standard similar to their center exhaust for the GT3.
Thanks for the very kind words mass27:P

Originally Posted by gota911
Alex, I am assuming you don't mean like this!

Returning an item

Seriously, Alex, that is a great offer!
LOL no not like that!

Originally Posted by RonCT
Been away for 2 weeks and wanted to weigh in. Put mine on right after the 2k break-in / oil change. Love the subtlety of it. Slightly louder, deeper, and really screams at WOT / upper RPM band. Many compliments at the track, yet I can drive conservatively in my neighborhood and not attract attention.
Cheers RonCT and glad you like it. So far Porsche dealerships have been buying them too (because it doesn't mess with emissions etc...) so we're in good shape:P
Old 08-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Dan@SharkWerks
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words! I'm glad I was part of the development for this product. We really tried to make the car better without being obnoxious or taking away from its comfort level. Porsche did such a great job on these cars but the exhaust just begs for something a tad more aggressive.

For those that missed the videos, here's the longer version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImQUkO68xs

Shorter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hacv6GbN4M
Old 08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
GUman
AutoX

I have 2500 mmiles on my .2 C4S. I put the bypass pipes on myself in about an hour and a half. (The last time I worked on a car other than an oil change and installing the windscrween on my old Boxster was changing the fuel pump on a Pontiac Lemans in high school about 20 years ago.) The instructions were flawless. I did not have to raise the car.
I love the sound. The 997.2 is too quiet without this mod IMO. The only very MINOR thing I don't like is a bit of a vibration at idle.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:35 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GUman
I have 2500 mmiles on my .2 C4S. I put the bypass pipes on myself in about an hour and a half. (The last time I worked on a car other than an oil change and installing the windscrween on my old Boxster was changing the fuel pump on a Pontiac Lemans in high school about 20 years ago.) The instructions were flawless. I did not have to raise the car.
I love the sound. The 997.2 is too quiet without this mod IMO. The only very MINOR thing I don't like is a bit of a vibration at idle.
Did you have the lift the car?
Old 08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
wow what a great policy... you just became my favorite vendor... better than the other guys who give you an RMA and then refuse a refund AFTER you send the item back.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan@SharkWerks
Thanks for all the kind words! I'm glad I was part of the development for this product. We really tried to make the car better without being obnoxious or taking away from its comfort level. Porsche did such a great job on these cars but the exhaust just begs for something a tad more aggressive.

For those that missed the videos, here's the longer version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImQUkO68xs

Shorter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hacv6GbN4M
only question i have is do the pipes meet i.e "X pipe" to equalize the pressures? i always thought there was a reason for X pipe yet these do not seem to connect at any point?

Quick Reply: SharkWerks Exhaust for 09 997S