Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why car dealers and car salespeople are not to be trusted or respected!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
... did you buy all 6 cars from the same salesperson? if so, i would run him over with your trade in.
Sorry to make light of a seriously intended post, but this is good ...
Old 07-11-2009, 09:46 PM
edmcnulty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebmd
if anyone is shopping...a certain philly dealer has some UNREAL deals on 2009 997. FWIW, I have no interest in this other than spreading the joy...got my 2008 997.1 last week.

Ask for Howard if you inquire, he'd love to sell a car or two
which dealer?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:25 AM
jsmirand
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading too much of this thread, I'm glad I earlier found the time to take the top down this late afternoon, and for no practical reason, took my 911 for a spin on a random 20 minute loop on empty roads.

The drive was terrific, reminds me why I like the 911 so much (and I only have a 996)...

Old 07-12-2009, 01:38 AM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The difference between buying and selling keeps us all in business. If volume falters, and discount bids on new cars become the norm, the newest, most attractive models have to carry the rest of the operation. I am in the investment business not the car business. It is different but the principles are the same. We all respect our customers but the message is "Sell what is selling, and get all you can get." What is the dishonor in that? I want a GT3 but I need to have a better year; when I have it I will pay up.

I miss the the real world posts of LikemyStoppie. In the internet world, every order is shopped to high heaven. Most new Porsches sell to online buyers. That is a beautiful thing . Let's keep it going. It all helps the buyer. Let's allow the dealers their moments. The buyers are winning.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:15 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CDH911C2S
Maximize profits while maintaining ethical guidelines. Lying to secure more profit or commission is criminal in my eyes and should constitute fraud.
I do consulting work for the medical device industry(for profit)...Could you imagine getting a pace maker from a sales representative that lied about the cost or the function of the device or changed the cost of the device on an hourly basis.
To the OP,

I get what you're saying 100%.

If car salesmen were selling pacemakers, they would jack up the price depending on how sick/desperate the customer is. Oh, but they're just maximizing profits, so it's fine right?

Some of us are just sick and tired of the BS games. I frankly don't have time for it anymore.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:41 AM
997Turbo
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not only are the dealers low-balling the trade-ins, but the dealers I have contacted in the last 7 months have been delusional in their used car pricing. I was trying to hunt down a low mileage, mint condition Turbo. Niello Porsche had a '07 White Turbo w/5000 miles, non-certified, which they took in trade back in August, 2008! Car was priced at 110K originally almost a year ago. I called them 3 times during the last 7 months and offered them 93k, non-certified. I spoke to the same salesperson from Internet Sales, and they refused the offers and wouldn't even counter-offer. They felt the car was special and that "there weren't many low mileage Turbos around". After they blew me off, I continued my search and on July 1, 2009 I bought a gorgeous '07 Turbo loaded with 1800 miles. MSRP was 141K. Got it for 93K Believe it or not, Niello called me last Friday to see if I was interested in their Turbo and they were kissing my butt on the phone. It was very satisfying telling them they were too late, I already bought my Turbo for 93K, etc. Niello was willing to sell me their Turbo for the same price. They admitted that it was priced too high and now they are stuck with 3 used 2007 Turbos! Bottom line: It is a buyers market big time...do your homework if you are looking and be patient. The right car at the right price will end up in your garage.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1996993coupe
Not only are the dealers low-balling the trade-ins, but the dealers I have contacted in the last 7 months have been delusional in their used car pricing. I was trying to hunt down a low mileage, mint condition Turbo. Niello Porsche had a '07 White Turbo w/5000 miles, non-certified, which they took in trade back in August, 2008! Car was priced at 110K originally almost a year ago. I called them 3 times during the last 7 months and offered them 93k, non-certified. I spoke to the same salesperson from Internet Sales, and they refused the offers and wouldn't even counter-offer. They felt the car was special and that "there weren't many low mileage Turbos around". After they blew me off, I continued my search and on July 1, 2009 I bought a gorgeous '07 Turbo loaded with 1800 miles. MSRP was 141K. Got it for 93K Believe it or not, Niello called me last Friday to see if I was interested in their Turbo and they were kissing my butt on the phone. It was very satisfying telling them they were too late, I already bought my Turbo for 93K, etc. Niello was willing to sell me their Turbo for the same price. They admitted that it was priced too high and now they are stuck with 3 used 2007 Turbos! Bottom line: It is a buyers market big time...do your homework if you are looking and be patient. The right car at the right price will end up in your garage.
I think you should drive over to Niello in your turbo and give them the finger.

What's the phone number of this dealer? I feel like screwing with someone.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:02 PM
ds2k1
Racer

The Niello salesman got exactly what a bad salesman gets...he got no deal from you and a ****load of bad PR on the primary website for Porsche enthusiasts. Each salesperson gets to decide what kind of salesperson to be. The Niello salesman played right into the negative stereotypes of car salesmen and got what he deserved. Others try to do right by their customers...the goal of any GOOD salesperson...and get the deal and GOOD PR on Rennlist. That's how it works...in all industries.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Maxy
Advanced

They're now advertising that car for less than what you were offering (http://porsche.niello.com/details.php?id=16520). But, you have to act quickly, the sale price is only good until the end of the month, then it goes back up to $107K.

Originally Posted by 1996993coupe
Old 07-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts
Default My personal take is once a low price posted its the new price, regardless....

Originally Posted by Maxy
They're now advertising that car for less than what you were offering (http://porsche.niello.com/details.php?id=16520). But, you have to act quickly, the sale price is only good until the end of the month, then it goes back up to $107K.
of what dealer says.

If a dealer would have sold a car last month at say $107K it should with the right approach sell it next month for same (or lower price).

Couple of things: If dealer knocks off some money you know it has some more it can knock off. It may not like it but if it wants to move the car...

Also, I've found price of a car posted online can be higher or lower than price posted on car at dealer's lot. It pays to check car out via Autotrader, by visiting dealer's web site and checking for specials or sales and of course visting dealer and viewing car and price posted on car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Went to two dealers and tried to sell my 06 cab ($92K MSRP). $41K and $42K were offered.

Quick Reply: Why car dealers and car salespeople are not to be trusted or respected!!!