Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error Message on Brand New 997.2 PDK

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 AM
rsdarcan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received this error message... The dealer had to download all new software into the DME... he had to adjust the two things after the download. runs fine now! It did reset all of my shifting patterns. I think it actually runs better now!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
CtrUSA
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got in relatively late last night from picking up my first 911 from the dealership and my 8 year had to go for a ride, so within 10mn of shutting the car off after a 1 hour highway drive, I started the car up again. Within 30 secs I got a (what appears to be (in)famous) "Transmission Emergency Run" written in white.
No joy ride for my son as we went straight back home and parked. Searched this valuable forum and saw a variety of answers, most low battery related, so figured I'd (try to) sleep on it and see in the morning.
This morning; nothing. Runs like a top. Ran all day in all kinds of driving conditions no message nothing - perfect. I'll mention it, but it does sound like something that might have been battery related and after getting some more "real" driving than at the dealership the baterie might be topped off and ready to go.

I just wanted to add my $0.02 worth and perhaps reassure some? I wasn't entirely thrilled yesterday at the prospect of flat-bedding the car after 1 hour of driving, but that gloomy scenario didn't materialize.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
JSeven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 997.2 never had any issue with the gearbox, but my X5, just one month ago, was showing "Transmission safe mode". Tha car would run very slow and most of the time in third gear, and as usual on this cars, it was related to low batery charge. As soon as I change the batery, the message went off.

J.Seven

Quick Reply: Error Message on Brand New 997.2 PDK