Fellow Members please be weary of "FabSpeed" Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
I agree, but why go public in the first place.... that was the tip off?
nowhere else to turn without being yelled at most likely.. or dicked around.. i didnt appreciate the fact i paid to ship the parts back to them with insurance and everything and then was told "no refunds" after i was told to return it..

just upsetting and felt the world should know before they go about buying an exhaust that doesnt fit and going to be a hassle to rectify.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^

You going public was just fine in my opinion.

The Supplier going public, and then going private was not very convincing.

While I might not agree with you entirely, once the supplier told you to modify the parts the responsibility was all theirs.

The problem is even now, in my eyes, if they offered to refund your money they have lost credibility.

Others might see it differently, so they should still try!

I hope it works out for you, but I wouldn't hold my breath! Maybe this post will help swing them to write the check!!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 07:33 PM
1Carnut
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts

My first experience with Fabspeed was nine years ago, (with my 2000 996C2 Cab), and back then it was only Joe, and he treated me like a gentlemen, and I have used there products in many of my cars since then, including my current 997 and my Gallardo. I have always been trested well and with respect. I have meet some of Fabspeeds employees at a recent local get together, and I was also trested with nothing but respect. I own a business as well and have over 600,000 corporate a gov customers in 32 countries, and yes my people sometimes make a human error, but we try and do what we can to fix it. I'm sure fabspeed will do the same in this instance.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Well I guess I'll chime in too.

Certainly the description accounted in this thread seems to put the fault squarely with Fabspeed. That being said, there are often two sides to every story. Had I experienced the treatment detailed above I too would most likely 'go public' with it in this forum.

I recently purchased a complete exhaust for my 986 from Fabspeed. Jeremy, both online and on the phone, was very courteous during the purchase process. The exhaust required no fabrication or alteration to put on the car and looks and sounds great.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM
cparkin
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For what it is work I have done a bit of business with them as well. They make good products and have been stand up with me.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 AM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks for posting, i'll definitely go with Sharkwerks for my exhaust modifications, i've only heard good things about them.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

this is an old post, but after some time, everything has been resolved... expect a followup with pics/video of new product in the coming week.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:20 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by points
I own a business. Unhappy customers are few,very few, and when they bring problems to my attention I deal with them immediately if not sooner. A problem is never left to fester and get to the point that a buyer is so exasperated he or she vents on the internet. As the owner I deal with the problems myself. I do not let an employee make decisions regarding "problems."

That said, the OP, I feel was forced by Fabspeed to get action by posting on Rennlist and by God it worked as it usually does.
I think the key point is what I bolded above, "when they bring problems to your attention".

You may have many problems which you are not aware of, possibly many clients that never complained, but simply moved on. You will never know, no matter how much polling and amount customer management you do. You have no idea what your clients think of you on a given day. That is simply the truth. There are too many factors involved, and most are beyond your control.

When a customer has a problem, and it is brought to your attention, in my eyes, this is the best time to build a great customer relation. If you admit an error, and do your best to fix it AND go an extra mile for the client, they will most probably be your customer for a long time after.

It is cheaper to spend extra to keep a client, then to find new ones via prospecting, marketing and advertising.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 834 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeBat
I think the key point is what I bolded above, "when they bring problems to your attention".

You may have many problems which you are not aware of, possibly many clients that never complained, but simply moved on. You will never know, no matter how much polling and amount customer management you do. You have no idea what your clients think of you on a given day. That is simply the truth. There are too many factors involved, and most are beyond your control.

When a customer has a problem, and it is brought to your attention, in my eyes, this is the best time to build a great customer relation. If you admit an error, and do your best to fix it AND go an extra mile for the client, they will most probably be your customer for a long time after.

It is cheaper to spend extra to keep a client, then to find new ones via prospecting, marketing and advertising.
amen - well said
Old 08-31-2009, 02:55 PM
kimf70
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
this is an old post, but after some time, everything has been resolved... expect a followup with pics/video of new product in the coming week.
You are doing business with them again? That says alot.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

My business dealing with Fabspeed in the past has always been excellent. I am glad Riley got things patched up and worked out with them. I personally felt a little bad about the situation because I praied Fabspeed to Riley and turned him on to them, Glad it all worked out.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,618 Likes on 2,307 Posts

parts not fit, not a big deal.
sending wrong parts, not a big deal.
mistakes, not a big deal.
but not making it right immediately and yelling at customers..........

for exhausts needs, contact sharkwerks... there is no substitute.

Quick Reply: Fellow Members please be weary of "FabSpeed" Motorsports