Sponsored by:

Fellow Members please be weary of "FabSpeed" Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 12:54 AM
TheMirror
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by inventthis

Apparently they recently totalled a client's 997 GT3 RS when filming an exhaust video. Wrapped it around a tree and was forced to buy it from the client.

Also, their "ace in the hole" fabrication guru, Kenny McNeil, who was brought in to finally set up an actual manufacturing facility at fabspeed's new shop, turned out to be a bust. Despite all the fabspeed reps praising him and pumping him up as the next Ross Brawn, he was crap-canned several months ago. Not a peep from the fabspeed crew about him since.

Greg
Ouch. and Ouch. Both of those situations hurt bad.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Maxy
Advanced

It seems as if the customer's being pretty reasonable in just asking for a refund. (Note that he's not even requesting repayment of shipping expenses.) Think of all the time and effort he wasted trying to fit an improperly engineered part. That must be pretty frustrating. Repackaging and shipping parts for return is also a pain. Fabspeed should be bending over backward to remedy the situation, in my humble opinion.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:35 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Geesh this has gotten horrible!
was never trying to make this a bickering contest or slander against a vendor.. just trying to put it out there so they do the right thing instead of sit back and say "no, goodbye"
Old 07-01-2009, 02:02 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I got Fabspeed bypass pipes for my truck and the fit fine. I am a little confused by how if the pipes did not fit, the buyer could determine that the sound was not as advertised.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:24 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I got Fabspeed bypass pipes for my truck and the fit fine. I am a little confused by how if the pipes did not fit, the buyer could determine that the sound was not as advertised.
A: the end of fabspeed pipe was same as the end of car.. so couldnt go over it.. cut the slits down and "gaped" it and slid over but only like 1/2" so the pipes were way on the outside of the 2 holes in bumper..

supposed to be like this ( O ) so that tip can be installed
was like this ( O ) so tips could not but car could still be started...

could not force it over the pipe on the car any further to allow for tips to be installed=problem.. this is because the end of the pipe was not "gaped" out properly to fit over the oem piece it bolts onto.

we on same page now?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 AM
DanJK
Racer

Alex with Fabspeed posted that he sent you a pm. I assume the contents didn't satisfy?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by DanJK
Alex with Fabspeed posted that he sent you a pm. I assume the contents didn't satisfy?
they are working on it, boss not in for now.. i told them just to fill the claim with chase as thats easiest.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
yipwm996
2nd Gear

+100%

I brought a set of muffler and header from them. But they packed a pair of same side muffler and missing header gaskets. I had to pay shipping and expected they would pay me back, but never heard from them.
Recieved the stuff and installed, but the right side muffler didn't fit as good as the othe side...end up the right side tip was out about 1". Again they asked me to modify it to match.
-1 to their product quality and customer service.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:36 PM
ljm301
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by medtech
+100%

But let me add that in my travels on this board, it seems all too common that someone has had a problem with Fabspeed when dealing with them over the internet or phone. Quite frankly their shipping/packing, follow up and customer service sucks.

Me personally? In 2006 I bought a set of cayenne cat bypass pipes. They showed up with no hardware and no gaskets. Never got any help or resolution. So I don't do business with Fabspeed anymore. They lost another customer, and I spend my hard earned money with businesses like Sharkwerks, that deserve it.

As far as Chase is concerned. My experience with them is exactly the same as the OP. Regardless of how well you explain the situation, give details, etc., they side in favor of the merchant everytime. Take home message, use American Express.
+ 1 American Express...
Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 PM
hello911
Intermediate

let me take an unpopular stance: (just for the fun of arguing)
-are returns allowed because the customer doesn't like the sound? that seems to be an (the?) underlying reason for the return. Also notice that wasn't mentioned in the original post....Why not just send him a correct set of pipes and that should be that?

-it is damn hard running a successful business, mistakes are made. The internet sure magnifies this! How many of you business owners would want every unhappy customer going public and having everyone else pile on? This is especially troubling in niche markets like this, whew would give me an ulcer...

-anyway, just an alternate viewpoint, don't know if its right or wrong... If they are jerks, screw em, but if they are good guys trying to reach the next level of business success, hmmm....
Old 07-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by hello911

How many of you business owners would want every unhappy customer going public and having everyone else pile on?

I own a business. Unhappy customers are few,very few, and when they bring problems to my attention I deal with them immediately if not sooner. A problem is never left to fester and get to the point that a buyer is so exasperated he or she vents on the internet. As the owner I deal with the problems myself. I do not let an employee make decisions regarding "problems."

That said, the OP, I feel was forced by Fabspeed to get action by posting on Rennlist and by God it worked as it usually does.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:06 PM
ds2k1
Racer

Originally Posted by hello911
let me take an unpopular stance: (just for the fun of arguing)
-are returns allowed because the customer doesn't like the sound? that seems to be an (the?) underlying reason for the return. Also notice that wasn't mentioned in the original post....Why not just send him a correct set of pipes and that should be that?

-it is damn hard running a successful business, mistakes are made. The internet sure magnifies this! How many of you business owners would want every unhappy customer going public and having everyone else pile on? This is especially troubling in niche markets like this, whew would give me an ulcer...

-anyway, just an alternate viewpoint, don't know if its right or wrong... If they are jerks, screw em, but if they are good guys trying to reach the next level of business success, hmmm....
I hear what you're saying. Just because somebody has a beef and is willing to take it to the internet doesn't make them right. Lots of people right ****ty reviews, or otherwise slander reputable businesses, in very public places and it has a serious detrimental impact on business. There is now a growing trend towards litigation over some of these reviews...I know of a few yelpers that have been sued over their reviews. While I have absolutely no opinion on the matter at hand, the internet has definitely tipped the scales in favor of the disgruntled customer by providing them with unlimited ability to complain, disparage and, sometimes, slander businesses they take issue with...frequently anonymously...and these reviews have very real consequences for the business owner. Given that, I'm less likely to assume "the customer's always right" when I see someone take their beef to the internet, especially when I have no idea who that person is. Just my opinion.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

Consider the OP was always up front, and consistent, about his comments. The Supplier was at first silent, then "public" with his response and explanation, and then went to PM. Creating even more speculation, but a reasonable assumption would be that the OP has not been placated.

Others have brought forth supporting issues too. It seems the preponderance of evidence suggests that the Supplier handled it poorly, no matter how fickle the buyer.

The Supplier had an opportunity to, take the high ground, win friends and influence enemies by issuing a full refund.... but instead left the distinct impression of not being able to determine how to deal with situation.

It begs the question:-

Who's minding that store?
Old 07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
DanJK
Racer

^ Not sure how going to private mail is somehow suspicious. Frankly its the mature thing to do.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:05 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^
I agree, but why go public in the first place.... that was the tip off?

Quick Reply: Fellow Members please be weary of "FabSpeed" Motorsports