Sponsored by:

Fair price for a CPO 2007 997S in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:04 PM
tejoe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=ChipmunkBob;6617826]Well here's the latest:

........we've decided to go with another car, this time a MANUAL, color we really like CPO'd '06S that is on the West Coast. Nice options (sport chrono, yada, yada) and a fair amount of warranty left.

$50K + my $59 airfare, the "lovely" WA state use tax and the drive home...

Congratulations, hope you love it.

As the owner of an 06S I'm dismayed about the price, but if the car has under 20k miles what you paid is realistic and fair in today's market. Assuming that the dealer can verify the CPO (registered with PCNA) the PPI and DME are superfluous. More for the hell of it than anything else I'd tell the dealer to give me a carfax.

Last edited by tejoe; 06-03-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

WTF? With 4 pages of posts I expected to see some bikini shots at least!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CPO

The CPO extends the warranty from four years to six from the In Service Date and goes to $100K miles. I agree $55 to $60K and CPO sounds like a great deal. But, alas, it is a tip!
Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
ChipmunkBob
Track Day

FWIW I actually ran a carfax and the dealer provides them too. It's at a Porsche dealer, so the CPO is verified by PCNA.

I've got my plane ticket, leave Seattle Saturday morning and hope to leave very early Saturday afternoon on the roadtrip back to Seattle. I can't take the time off, so I'm afraid it's all going to be I-5 this time.

Once I get pics I'll post a few. The car is Carmon(a) red over sand beige.

=Bob=
Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ChipmunkBob
FWIW I actually ran a carfax and the dealer provides them too. It's at a Porsche dealer, so the CPO is verified by PCNA.

I've got my plane ticket, leave Seattle Saturday morning and hope to leave very early Saturday afternoon on the roadtrip back to Seattle. I can't take the time off, so I'm afraid it's all going to be I-5 this time.

Once I get pics I'll post a few. The car is Carmon(a) red over sand beige.

=Bob=
OK Bob, you're not hearing me. First off, Carfax is as worthless as the paper it's written on. Second, my car is from a Porsche dealer. It was CPO from a Porsche dealer who lied about some issues with the car. Things that they couldn't have NOT known about. Porsche (PCNA) refused to honor the warranty on the car for these specific issues and said my beef was with the dealer. Long story short, don't ASSUME anything. Do your due diligence and don't take any car dealer at their word. If you have any further questions PM me your number and I'll tell you all about it.

Save yourself a potential headache and spring for a PPI from a knowledgeable indy.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have an 07 C2S with 6k miles that cost 100k. I'm not considering selling it yet, but if I were I would not take ONE PENNY LESS than $65k for it. That's in line with what Edmunds says too.

I don't know where the "50k-55k" estimates are coming from. An occasional swinging deal like that may be found from sellers who are highly motivated, but that is far less than the average for an excellent car with attractive options and low miles. I would expect the dealer to come down to around 70k, but no lower for the car described in the original post.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you need me to take a look or anything...give me a shout. I am 10 minutes from Barrier -
Old 06-04-2009, 10:28 AM
9elf S
Instructor

Originally Posted by medtech
WTF? With 4 pages of posts I expected to see some bikini shots at least!
+1. Where's JohnnyBahama's avatar when you need it.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:54 AM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Dave
I have an 07 C2S with 6k miles that cost 100k. I'm not considering selling it yet, but if I were I would not take ONE PENNY LESS than $65k for it. That's in line with what Edmunds says too.

I don't know where the "50k-55k" estimates are coming from. An occasional swinging deal like that may be found from sellers who are highly motivated, but that is far less than the average for an excellent car with attractive options and low miles. I would expect the dealer to come down to around 70k, but no lower for the car described in the original post.
Not sure how accurate Edmunds or KBB is in todays quickly moving economic (in a downward) enviroment. I've been told they lag a bit.

I just purchased the following for not much more than your $65k. Suprinsingly enough like Chipmunk Bob, I also bought it in NoCal and drove her home up the I-5. Flew down, got a PPI (which came out perfect), and drove home.

2008 997 C4S Cabriolet
6,900 miles
6 speed
Triple Black
Options:
Power Seat
Heated Seats
Wheel Caps
Parking Assist
Sport Chrono
Stainless Steel Exhaust
Nav
Floor Mats

After Market:
GT3 Front Bumper
Rinspeed "Indy" Rear Bumper
RSS Plenum
SmartTop
Premier Clear Bra Wrap

DME:
Range 1: 168
Range 2: 45
Range 3: 3
Range 4: 0
Range 5: 0
Range 6: 0
Old 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM
steph280
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe's purchase is a prime example of how doing homework will score you with a great deal. I love that car you bought. Between the photos you and Larry posted, I've renewed my love for black cars.

Something interesting I've discovered during my search. When I checked a used car price, between edmunds and kellys blue book there is almost a $10K price difference on the same spec. Edmunds is consistently higher on equivalent car, and usually higher than the actual market prices.

Still looking for that motivated seller with my next car....
Old 06-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Tone
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeShark
Not sure how accurate Edmunds or KBB is in todays quickly moving economic (in a downward) enviroment. I've been told they lag a bit.

I just purchased the following for not much more than your $65k. Suprinsingly enough like Chipmunk Bob, I also bought it in NoCal and drove her home up the I-5. Flew down, got a PPI (which came out perfect), and drove home.

2008 997 C4S Cabriolet
6,900 miles
6 speed
Triple Black
Options:
Power Seat
Heated Seats
Wheel Caps
Parking Assist
Sport Chrono
Stainless Steel Exhaust
Nav
Floor Mats

After Market:
GT3 Front Bumper
Rinspeed "Indy" Rear Bumper
RSS Plenum
SmartTop
Premier Clear Bra Wrap

DME:
Range 1: 168
Range 2: 45
Range 3: 3
Range 4: 0
Range 5: 0
Range 6: 0
Congrats on the purchase - looks like you got a great deal.
Still not apples to apples on the original post of this thread for a CPO, 2007 911S, loaded with 2K mi. and people advising they wouldn't pay more than 50-55K. That's not reflective of the market....someone show me a couple comps that support this...not out there...sorry. There's always great deals to be had, especially now, but lets not ill advise our fellow enthusiasts.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
stevebmd
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2007 C2S for 55 on pelican....
Old 06-05-2009, 12:28 AM
JoeShark
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tone
Congrats on the purchase - looks like you got a great deal.
Still not apples to apples on the original post of this thread for a CPO, 2007 911S, loaded with 2K mi. and people advising they wouldn't pay more than 50-55K. That's not reflective of the market....someone show me a couple comps that support this...not out there...sorry. There's always great deals to be had, especially now, but lets not ill advise our fellow enthusiasts.
Tone,

You're right, not a direct apples to apples comparison to the OP. What I was trying to do was point out that Edmunds and KBB are not really reflective of what these cars are actually trading for right now as 911Dave was mentioning in his post. I think they are a few months behind at the least if not even more.

In my case, the seller wasn't even in a total desperate situation where he had to unload the car because he lost his job, got a divorce, etc. It was one of three cars he had and he was just looking to sell this one since he didn't drive it much and figured he might get into a Gallardo in a few months. He actually had it listed for almost three months with no serious offers until I came along. Here's a few pic's:

Last edited by JoeShark; 02-03-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Tone
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeShark
Tone,

You're right, not a direct apples to apples comparison to the OP. What I was trying to do was point out that Edmunds and KBB are not really reflective of what these cars are actually trading for right now as 911Dave was mentioning in his post. I think they are a few months behind at the least if not even more.

In my case, the seller wasn't even in a total desperate situation where he had to unload the car because he lost his job, got a divorce, etc. It was one of three cars he had and he was just looking to sell this one since he didn't drive it much and figured he might get into a Gallardo in a few months. He actually had it listed for almost three months with no serious offers until I came along. Here's a few pic's:
What a gorgeous ride - you scored! Congrats again!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:24 AM
JoeShark
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tone
What a gorgeous ride - you scored! Congrats again!
Thanks Tone. Just noticed your location. I actually flew from Portland down to San Jose as the seller was located down in Santa Clara. PPI was done at Stevens Creek (which is also where the seller originally bought the car).

TechArt sideskirts and TechArt lowering springs going on in about two weeks. New wheels at the end of this month. I'll post up pics when the work is done.

Quick Reply: Fair price for a CPO 2007 997S in Seattle