Sponsored by:

Delivery: 2009 C2S Aqua Blue, Manual

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:30 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Delivery: 2009 C2S Aqua Blue, Manual

The long wait is over. Picked up my 09 997.2S this afternoon. Sales process was fantastic with Jon Pighetti of Fathers & Sons in West Springfield. Amazing customer service!

Options:
Aqua Blue
Sport Heated Seats
Sport PASM
Fire Extinguisher
Blue Tooth
Universal Audio (have a 4GB USB with my tunes)
Navigation (first time for me in any car - went with it because of the touch screen and that the module is only a tiny mini-drive inside the PCM)
Floor Mats
Black Dials, No badge

Coming from a 997.1S and a 997 GT3 I can say the suspension really is evolutionary. Firm but compliant. As planted as the GT3 was, but "softer" over rough pavement (lots of pot holes, expansion joints, etc. around here). Ride height is perfect. Steering is crisp.

Going to take some getting used to as the engine is quite different. There's a slight hesitation in the low RPM zone, but I haven't pushed it yet.

I really like the new wheels vs. the Lobster Claws. Very easy to clean. I'll use up the PSCups on my 19" Volks, then try a set of R888. The new TPMS is actually perfectly accurate. My high-end Longacre says 33/39, TPMS says exactly 33/39. Road trip that heats up the tires to 35/41, Longacre confirms 35/41. Amazing!

Threw a coat of P21S on everything, including the wheels. Fantastic shine and very fine metallic particles in the paint under the clear. Fantastic paint job - better than my past 2 cars.

Tires sound louder than previous PS2s. The only thing I can think of is that Porsche wrote in their literature that they are using new compound with lower rolling resistance. But these are N1 and I don't know, but figure so were the last sets.

The new PCM really is something else, but there's one thing I can't figure out and can't find in the manual. Let's say I have the navigation on and I want to listen to some tunes. So I select the USB port and have access to hundreds of tunes. Pick one and it starts playing. Now I can't shut just the music off - I have to mute it, which also mutes the navigation. How about a "stop" button (there's a forward and reverse, but no stop). Granted, I'm tired right now, but I'm guessing I'll figure it out.

The only photo that shows the car reasonably, is this one in front of the dealership (pre-P21S). Once it stops raining, I'll get some out door clean shots and post.
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful, you have great taste, I love the options.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:53 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Beautiful!!!! I do love that aqua blue! Congrats and drive it in good health!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonCT
The long wait is over. Picked up my 09 997.2S this afternoon. Sales process was fantastic with Jon Pighetti of Fathers & Sons in West Springfield. Amazing customer service!

Options:
Aqua Blue
Sport Heated Seats
Sport PASM
Fire Extinguisher
Blue Tooth
Universal Audio (have a 4GB USB with my tunes)
Navigation (first time for me in any car - went with it because of the touch screen and that the module is only a tiny mini-drive inside the PCM)
Floor Mats
Black Dials, No badge

Coming from a 997.1S and a 997 GT3 I can say the suspension really is evolutionary. Firm but compliant. As planted as the GT3 was, but "softer" over rough pavement (lots of pot holes, expansion joints, etc. around here). Ride height is perfect. Steering is crisp.

Going to take some getting used to as the engine is quite different. There's a slight hesitation in the low RPM zone, but I haven't pushed it yet.

I really like the new wheels vs. the Lobster Claws. Very easy to clean. I'll use up the PSCups on my 19" Volks, then try a set of R888. The new TPMS is actually perfectly accurate. My high-end Longacre says 33/39, TPMS says exactly 33/39. Road trip that heats up the tires to 35/41, Longacre confirms 35/41. Amazing!

Threw a coat of P21S on everything, including the wheels. Fantastic shine and very fine metallic particles in the paint under the clear. Fantastic paint job - better than my past 2 cars.

Tires sound louder than previous PS2s. The only thing I can think of is that Porsche wrote in their literature that they are using new compound with lower rolling resistance. But these are N1 and I don't know, but figure so were the last sets.

The new PCM really is something else, but there's one thing I can't figure out and can't find in the manual. Let's say I have the navigation on and I want to listen to some tunes. So I select the USB port and have access to hundreds of tunes. Pick one and it starts playing. Now I can't shut just the music off - I have to mute it, which also mutes the navigation. How about a "stop" button (there's a forward and reverse, but no stop). Granted, I'm tired right now, but I'm guessing I'll figure it out.

The only photo that shows the car reasonably, is this one in front of the dealership (pre-P21S). Once it stops raining, I'll get some out door clean shots and post.

Baruch Hashem..enjoy in good health. Looks great Ron...

Dave
Old 05-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Swoody
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just gorgeous, congrats!!!!! Look forward to the "post" p21s pics! Make sure to include some interior shots as well!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Ron: Congratulations! Very nice (light) spec! I am curious to hear your impression re the engine's smoothness and linearity. I have not driven a manual 997.2 but I have driven the PDK version and those are very linear, very smooth - no hesitation in 1st or 2nd gears.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 PM
JohnAMG
Instructor

Very sharp looking car!!! Congrats and enjoy.

John
Old 05-02-2009, 12:23 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Brilliant and you're going to love this. You're right about the suspension too. Wait till you break her in as well... The engine makes this car no slouch I can tell you. I'm not suprised some of the mags have been pulling 12.4s @ 117mph etc...
Old 05-02-2009, 12:33 AM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car! From my limited experience, sport PASM seems to be excellent. I look forward to hearing how she handles on the track. Congtats Had to be a little tough to see the GT3 go though...
Old 05-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron, now tell Aaron about your opinion..... he thinks the .2 997 C2S is 'soft'.

Am722 is his screen name.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:23 AM
BigDouggieDoug
Instructor

Such a handsome color. Love those wheels. Can't wait to see more pics.

Congrats RonCT!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:25 AM
afridi
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks absolutely stunning.

Hopefully tomorrow I have my C2 - P21S is waiting.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:32 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Congrats, Ron. I put a call in to find out where mine is...

Looking forward to more thoughts on the 997.2 S w/PASM-S vs 997.1 GT3 with regards to motor and suspension. Current GT3 prices are making me seriously re-think my options...
Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Congrats Ron! Love that color.
ENJOY.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 AM
jlinmd
Racer

Congrats Ron! Love the Aqua. Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Delivery: 2009 C2S Aqua Blue, Manual