Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I could use some basic pricing perspectives ......

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
DryFly
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I could use some basic pricing perspectives ......

A buddy of mine is inetersted in this car and I know very little about 997's. I am hoping to get some input from you folks:

2006 4S w/ Aero Kit 13k miles.

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/inventor...rent=1&size=50

http://www.parkplaceltd.com/inventor...rent=1&size=50

sorry for the double link... But I was just lucky to get one let alone 2.
I have been watching the 993 values take a hit... I assume that 997's are the same?

I am guessing it could be picked up for $60K?

Any thoughts and comments pros, cons are appreciated.

What does 997.1, 997.2 etc specifically reference?

Last edited by DryFly; 04-22-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:53 AM
bave
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should sell for under 60k. It is well equipped, but not loaded to the gills. There was a very similar car that just rolled through a Philly dealer which was an 06 C4S w/aero kit in basalt black, cpo'd, 8k miles or so with all the same options except it also had full leather and a cpo.

That was asking 59.9 and sold within a few days at 55ish as I recall hearing.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:32 PM
DryFly
Advanced

Originally Posted by bave
Should sell for under 60k. It is well equipped, but not loaded to the gills. There was a very similar car that just rolled through a Philly dealer which was an 06 C4S w/aero kit in basalt black, cpo'd, 8k miles or so with all the same options except it also had full leather and a cpo.

bave, Thank you for your thoughts, I will pass them on. What is cpo?
Old 04-22-2009, 12:43 PM
bave
Advanced

Certified Pre-Owned, basically extends the warranty by a couple years and to 100k miles, though it is always the time. My understanding is that it costs a dealer about 1800-2k to certify a car, so it does have an added cost to say the least.

If I were you I would offer 56 on the car and see where they go with it. I wouldn't pay more than 59-60 tops. Real nice car otherwise.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by DryFly
What does 997.1, 997.2 etc specifically reference?
997.1 = 2005 - 2008 911
997.2 = 2009+ 911
Old 04-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Certified Pre-Owned, basically extends the warranty by a couple years and to 100k miles, though it is always the time. My understanding is that it costs a dealer about 1800-2k to certify a car, so it does have an added cost to say the least.

If I were you I would offer 56 on the car and see where they go with it. I wouldn't pay more than 59-60 tops. Real nice car otherwise.
Bave, the $2000 goes right to PCNA as soon as the vehicle is reported.

That fee is on TOP of the actual certification process.

$2000 for the warranty (PCNA)
+ shop CPO inspection X 2 (two seperate inspections)
+ parts
+ labor

+ mark up.

Thats what comprises the 'delta' between a NON CPO and a CPO car.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:04 PM
bave
Advanced

Likemystoppie:

Thanks for the clarification, but I would imagine the 2k$ is your rough # as most cars that get CPO'd don't need much to qualify I would imagine and the labor is a push since it is done in their overhead.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
DryFly
Advanced

Thank you all for youre thoughts. I appreciate it.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:06 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default mid to low

If the car is CPO the asking price at mid 60's is actually reasonable, maybe got for lower 60's...well equipped, aero kit, low miles etc... 60K if cpo'd I would say your friend id getting a very good deal.... under 60' as someone mentioned I don't see it happening. Not that many c4s well equipped with the aero kit in the right color combo come up for sale IMO....car is well done from factory.

Originally Posted by DryFly
Thank you all for youre thoughts. I appreciate it.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default are you sure

that sounds very very low..... maybe someone was doing trade in and made up for it there?

that car in the right color and those miles CPO's I would buy at 55K .......

Old 04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Likemystoppie:

Thanks for the clarification, but I would imagine the 2k$ is your rough # as most cars that get CPO'd don't need much to qualify I would imagine and the labor is a push since it is done in their overhead.
No. The 1890 is a 'hard' number for a 997. And to be more specific, so you understand the 'inner workings' of a dealership, I'll break it down.

A typical highline dealership has 3 'major' departments. Each, are run like their own, seperate businesses.

1) Sales
2) Service
3) Parts

In the sales department, you have the 'front end' aka the car and it's selling price. The 'back end' is the F&I department. But the two equal the Sales Department.

The Service departement, buys their parts, at their cost- which is marked up, from the Parts department.

The Parts department, working on the smallest margins, sells their parts to service and sales. Service typically marks up their product another 10-15% to sales department.

There is no 'absorbtion' for the sale price of the car. Most people do not understand how it works,because at the end of the day, you buy the car for what you can buy it for. It's not your problem, per say. But there is, 'hard cost's' and 'fixed' costs for 'CPO'ing a car'.

That specific dollar amount is unique to the dealership.

What I've listed above , and HOW cars are sold add to what I call "The money Fairy Theory".

LOL
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
bave
Advanced

Originally Posted by mickfluff
that sounds very very low..... maybe someone was doing trade in and made up for it there?

that car in the right color and those miles CPO's I would buy at 55K .......
The car sold at Porsche of the Main Line. Was a 2006 C4S in Basalt Black over Black Full leather with ***, Sport Chrono Plus, PSE, Sport Shifter, Makassar Wood (not all but shifter and wheel) etc.

Car sold for 55.9 CPO'd.

The market is weaker than you think.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

The car sold at Porsche of the Main Line. Was a 2006 C4S in Basalt Black over Black Full leather with ***, Sport Chrono Plus, PSE, Sport Shifter, Makassar Wood (not all but shifter and wheel) etc.

Car sold for 55.9 CPO'd.

It's not the market; CPO sales are on fire. Its the dealership was desperate to get that car off their books.

Each dealership has its on unique challenges right now. If I told you we just had our best March since having the franchise, you'd probably not

However, in ANY economy, there's winners and losers. Just depends on that businesses financial position.

That was a 'smok'n' deal on that car. Cherrys like that aren't going to be around much longer.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Bave, the $2000 goes right to PCNA as soon as the vehicle is reported.

That fee is on TOP of the actual certification process.

$2000 for the warranty (PCNA)
+ shop CPO inspection X 2 (two seperate inspections)
+ parts
+ labor

+ mark up.

Thats what comprises the 'delta' between a NON CPO and a CPO car.
Chris,

Not to rain on your parade, but I believe that what you do not see is that the dealership receives some of the certification $$$ back from PCNA at the end of the month or quarter. Almost like finance reserve money that comes back to the dealership. Ask Mr. Pass!! Cost to certify is a lot lower, NET.

Mark
Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default no aero?

no aero package? I know its in the gutter market I mean but if there is an option that does seem to command a premium I find it to be the Aero kit... IMO only

But thanks for the data.... I see 55K with No aero package although still low more in line then a car with the c4s w/aero etc... but your point well made still, thanks again

Car sold for 55.9 CPO'd.

Quick Reply: I could use some basic pricing perspectives ......