Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does the motorist next to you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:40 PM
MJPereira
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997, esq
FWIW, I find the gun culture in this country completely bewildering. Putting aside your right to have firearms (which I don't dispute), I really doubt you all lead such dangerous lives that need to carry guns, or that such guns make you materially safer.
I did not buy my guns for self defense. I bought them for the pure sport of target shooting. I don't think I could ever shoot at another human being even in self defense, but it would never come to that since in NJ you cannot carry your firearm. Should someone break into my home is another story. I have my wife to think about then.

I'm all for stricter gun laws and restrictions in which weapons you could buy. I'm as left wing as they get and my intention was to use them for sport and not self defense. Also I shoot paper targets and not animals either. Couldn't see using it for that either.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 476 Likes on 241 Posts

I don't know what the hell some of you guys are doing in traffic to provoke such responses! Well,... I can imagaine.

I live and work in Boston, home of some of the least courteous drivers, and I very rarely have had any significant anger directed at me.
I get a lot of looks, thumbs ups, and the occasional teenager taking a cell phone pic.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:55 PM
ShaneSaw
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by todd.
The "Massholes" in Massachusetts are by far the worst, most aggressive drivers this side of Europe. So, it's an even playing field out here, regardless of what you're driving. The most dangerous vehicle on the roads is a private plow truck speeding to his next job, they'll push you off the road & leave you for dead, no joke.
Beyond that, I carry a gun everywhere in case some moron has something to prove and follows me into a parking lot.
So Todd, what's your last name? Is this your current address? Could i see your Type 3 license? Turn around, put your hands together behind your head and interlock your fingers. Anything sharp in your pockets? Have a seat in the back and watch your head......
Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJPereira
I did not buy my guns for self defense. I bought them for the pure sport of target shooting. I don't think I could ever shoot at another human being even in self defense, but it would never come to that since in NJ you cannot carry your firearm. Should someone break into my home is another story. I have my wife to think about then.

I'm all for stricter gun laws and restrictions in which weapons you could buy. I'm as left wing as they get and my intention was to use them for sport and not self defense. Also I shoot paper targets and not animals either. Couldn't see using it for that either.
We have no quarrel. I find target / skeet shooting fun. But if a person is carrying a concealed handgun in his car, it isn't probably for target shooting. I don't begrudge someone for wanting to protect their family in their house, but the odds that happening are pretty slim.

Last edited by 997, esq; 04-15-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to say I've never had any hostility directed towards me while driving the 911. The only story worth telling was while driving into Toronto last summer with the Mrs. Two streetbikes, identical except for color, one red one blue came along side. Each bike had a male driver and a hot young girl on the back. Both girls had bare, firm, young, tanned, succulent, midriffs........sorry, where was I going???? Oh yeah, they were each wearing thongs the color of the bike they were riding! As they went by all four looked at the 996 and the girls smiled and waved. My wife saw the look on my face and just laughed. "They're half your age!", she said. "That's why I need two of them" I shot back with a smile. No sex for the rest of the trip! I hate when I speak without thinking
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
I Both girls had bare, firm, young, tanned, succulent, midriffs........sorry, where was I going????
Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
I have to say I've never had any hostility directed towards me while driving the 911. The only story worth telling was while driving into Toronto last summer with the Mrs. Two streetbikes, identical except for color, one red one blue came along side. Each bike had a male driver and a hot young girl on the back. Both girls had bare, firm, young, tanned, succulent, midriffs........sorry, where was I going???? Oh yeah, they were each wearing thongs the color of the bike they were riding! As they went by all four looked at the 996 and the girls smiled and waved. My wife saw the look on my face and just laughed. "They're half your age!", she said. "That's why I need two of them" I shot back with a smile. No sex for the rest of the trip! I hate when I speak without thinking
Well played sir. LOL.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ?

Really, guy didn't get any action his entire trip and that's well played? ..... You must have been quite the wing man back in your prime their coochas if you think the results of that exchange were well played LOL sir

Oh and for your other note......... and your accusations that many of us provoked these incidents, feel it was in poor taste. If it was humor I missed it....

Originally Posted by Coochas
Well played sir. LOL.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
dgcate
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yet to have anyone really give me a hard time. But now the police...you can just see their heads jerk around to watch you go by in one of these things. (red doesn't help matters all that much either)
Old 04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Really, guy didn't get any action his entire trip and that's well played? ..... You must have been quite the wing man back in your prime their coochas if you think the results of that exchange were well played LOL sir

Oh and for your other note......... and your accusations that many of us provoked these incidents, feel it was in poor taste. If it was humor I missed it....
Oh relax Fluff.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default your right...

yeah your right, sorry about that...... just in my case, my kid was involved so really upset me....

Originally Posted by Coochas
Oh relax Fluff.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaneSaw
So Todd, what's your last name? Is this your current address? Could i see your Type 3 license? Turn around, put your hands together behind your head and interlock your fingers. Anything sharp in your pockets? Have a seat in the back and watch your head......
Here's my unrestricted license officer, beyond that I work for Tony Montana, and so do you, later.

Quick Reply: What does the motorist next to you think?