Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross post: Mini Dealership Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cross post: Mini Dealership Recommendations?

This sucks.

Is it so much to ask to find a dealership who tries to make it as fun as I do? Jeeezz Laweeez....

I've emailed 5 dealers. One emails me back, but sporadically. But I get barely any responses, let alone some friggin fun personality.

WTF.

Next will be finding one who gives great deals on orders.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Ps. I'm looking to order a JCW edition hardtop.

Should I do Red or Grey?
Old 04-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Chili Red! Although personally I prefer Lightning Blue.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:01 PM
akim47
Racer

south bay mini in CA....
chris yuseco
chris@southbaymini.com

even when mini's were in really high demand, they were always willing to sell at MSRP... he knows mini's so he was able to answer a lot of my questions....

second option would be christian banks at Crevier Mini in CA. cbanks@creviermini.com
he's not as knowledgeable about the cars, but was very response and really helpful. I would have loved to purchase from him, but we couldn't agree on a price... i'm sure these days they'd be willing to make a deal.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
akim47
Racer

oh... and i dig the chili red with black top...

i have a silver/silver '09 JCW... i think mr. bumper plugs is rolling one as well. i see him on the mini boards.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by akim47
oh... and i dig the chili red with black top...

i have a silver/silver '09 JCW... i think mr. bumper plugs is rolling one as well. i see him on the mini boards.
akim- thanks for the heads up. I gotta change my post tho; I'm in cleveland and from boston. so almost anything from Ohio-ish area to back home is my target area.

Thanks tho.

Post pictures of your JCW edition! Have you had good luck with it?
Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Ucube
Chili Red! Although personally I prefer Lightning Blue.
I'm with you. But living in the midwest, it's bad enough everyone thinks the car is "Ghey"...

Lightinng Blue would push me and my GF over the edge. Narrow minded bastards! lol

If I was back home I'd do it in a heart beat.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Found a dealer, fairly close by. Seems like a cool guy. Thanks peeps.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
akim47
Racer

good luck... now how'd u end up deciding on mini? werent u wavering between an e55, a 3 series, or something else???

i really like the mini. if you are used to space, then get ready for an adjustment. i've been having some problems with it though... currently (and for the past couple of weeks), it's been in the shop for warranty work. also, it's a bit different switching too a fwd car... some torque steer issues...
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Red dude. Red Mini's with black stripes are HOT!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Jerry Fisher
Instructor

Chili Red/white top/ white stripes for me as a DD. JCW stage 1 since its an automatic to appease my wife.

Does nicely during the miserable Midwest winters but the road construction is killing me w/ damaged wheels and tires.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by akim47
good luck... now how'd u end up deciding on mini? werent u wavering between an e55, a 3 series, or something else???

i really like the mini. if you are used to space, then get ready for an adjustment. i've been having some problems with it though... currently (and for the past couple of weeks), it's been in the shop for warranty work. also, it's a bit different switching too a fwd car... some torque steer issues...

You're 100% right. But end of the day, I am huge into respect. Regardless of my position within the dealership, I felt that if out of one side of my mouth I told a client I've been working for my Boss for 7 years, but then on the other I say I drive a BMW; it's like pissing in the guys wheaties, and I respect him much to much to do that. And it would be a little hyprocritical.

At least with a Mini, many enthusiasts would understand, and many more folks don't understand that BMW owns Mini. And it doesn't have a Bimmer badge on it.

The FWD is going to **** me off, isn't it? LOL What's wrong with your car now??
Originally Posted by jlinmd
Red dude. Red Mini's with black stripes are HOT!
Dude, seriously? Ya think??

Wut 'bout Dark Grey Metallic with Black Bonnet Stripes?

Originally Posted by Jerry Fisher
Chili Red/white top/ white stripes for me as a DD. JCW stage 1 since its an automatic to appease my wife.

Does nicely during the miserable Midwest winters but the road construction is killing me w/ damaged wheels and tires.
oy vey. lol
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
jlinmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Dude, seriously? Ya think?? Wut 'bout Dark Grey Metallic with Black Bonnet Stripes?
I don't think you can go wrong with either color. They're both really cool. The red is like me wanting the speed yeller, which I will definitely want to order the next time around. It gives the car more character. Grey is...just grey, like every other car on the street. But grey looks nice too if done right...like Meteor Grey 997s.

I don't think the Green Monstah turns as many heads as a Yeller 997 would, but it does get stares, cuz it's 1. a Carrera, and 2. the color is understated but very classic, especially with the sand beige interior.

Know wut I mean dooooood???
Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Chris...forget the Mini. Even though they seem like lots of fun, I have heard of too many "in the shop for repairs" stories to make me wonder about how well it is put together.

You work for a Porsche / Benz owner. Why not pick up a nice C class (do they still offer a manual) or have them find a manual preowned in the vast sea of unsold preowneds floating around (hopefully not a flood damaged float).

Is the Mini fun to toss around. You bet. Will you get beat up after a long drive..absolutely. Will you be able to duck under the millions of 18 wheelers traveling in and around in Ohio like a Fast & Furious rice racer......don't try it.

Stay with what you got at your stores.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
akim47
Racer

Chris:

i have clutch issues w/ mine. the car is a blast to drive, but does come with it share of problems... the LuK clutch isnt the best... issues with cold start rattles... DO NOT get one with a sunroof (a lot of issues reported)... so mjs isn't unfounded in saying there have been issues...

my wife actually has a C-class... and we use the w204 whenever we are driving around town together and its reallly comfy and sporty.... MB did a great job on this car... that said, it leaves a little to be desired... there is nothing "inspiring" about the way the car drives...

while the mini is a euro-ricer (and i know what ricer is)... but it is still really fun to drive... i'd say if you wanted to stay loyal to where you work, how about a cayman S? I've seen used low milegage caymans in the mid 30's... i would consider, but with family on the way, i needed (just a little) extra room... the mini will fit an extra seat nicely...

Quick Reply: Cross post: Mini Dealership Recommendations?