Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "whats it worth thread,,,," thanks all 06C4S Aero

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009 | 02:16 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Another "whats it worth thread,,,," thanks all 06C4S Aero

06 c4S under 5K miles Aero Package, well optioned.....5K miles, factory warranty till 1/2010, clean car... thoughts on purchase price?

Assuming your a hunter and aware of what cars "can be had for"..... not talking whole sale price, but by no means walking into a dealer and taking a grand of advertised price either, much better then that. A price where you got a very good to very very solid deal...I believe I have an idea. I would say 60K would be very very good deal, 64-65K what one would expect to pay with some slight haggling....or am I off with my "very very good deal" estimate....

thanks all
Old 03-07-2009 | 02:33 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Aero and the warranty add some value - I'd say low $60s is a good price.
Old 03-07-2009 | 02:35 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

I believe Ira sold my 06 C4S well optioned and 14K miles for 58.9. It had been on EBay with a buy it now price of 60.
Old 03-07-2009 | 02:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks

no Aero though right? .IMO this is an option that does add some value....

QUOTE=Coochas;6358307]I believe Ira sold my 06 C4S well optioned and 14K miles for 58.9. It had been on EBay with a buy it now price of 60.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-07-2009 | 02:45 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default seems to be whet I am thinking

Agreed, I am holding firm at 60K but agreed that low 60's is more likely and still a solid deal.

Originally Posted by Rob in WA
Aero and the warranty add some value - I'd say low $60s is a good price.
Old 03-07-2009 | 02:55 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mickfluff
no Aero though right? .IMO this is an option that does add some value....

QUOTE=Coochas;6358307]I believe Ira sold my 06 C4S well optioned and 14K miles for 58.9. It had been on EBay with a buy it now price of 60.
[/QUOTE]

No Aero kit.
Old 03-07-2009 | 03:34 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

What was the MSRP in '06? Budget on 30-40% retained cash value with nominal mileage. The numbers you're suggesting in this thread are fully profit dealer or private retail in a strong market. Very low miles skew the numbers upwards and make the condition of the car easier and quicker to sell, but when there are zero buyers, well, "quicker" is a relative term. I'd be shopping at $50K for an immaculate car and trying to buy from a first owner, not a dealer. Getting CPO if it's a "keeper" will help, so arrange to pass the car through your local dealer (or whichever dealer you've used in the past) for a nominal $2K +/- to let them sell you the CPO. Just keep in mind that the slow-down has gone on too long for any hope of recovery in the secondary market -- there's just too many cars sold at these levels and the dealers are ramping up discounts and incentives for '09 cars. The Porsche site and sites like eBay and cars.com have ample supple of 20-30K cars asking $60K. I'd expect these cars to change hands below $50K. As a buyer, you just can't look at dealer asking prices as a starting point. I wouldn't normally bother to add my two cents' on resale valuations (after all, how long is a piece of string?) but when someone is talking about $60K for a nice '06 C4S in this market, I'd hate to see them throw the better part of $10K away. Sure, the aero kit makes it distinctive and appealing, but keep in mind that if you put 20K miles on such a car and resell after the factory warranty expires next January, you're looking at maybe $30-35K retail next year. That's expensive motoring. You could spend about the same dollars and lease a new '09 for three years, keep the cash in your pocket and sleep soundly in the knowledge of the cars agreed value in three years. You can get a hint of your resale on the open market in three years by looking at the asking prices of '03 C4S's -- nominal mileage asking under $40K. Asking. Not getting. Of course, nothing is free and driving a 911 is no exception, but you can at least control the costs. Paying $60K for an '06 C4S doesn't look like a bargain over the next few years. You should be able to enjoy a nice, late model 911 for less than $1K per month.
Old 03-08-2009 | 10:17 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Good thoughts

Good advice thanks..... although after reading this scared my 59K bid may get accepted I do follow what your saying when looking at C4s models of the newest 996 and their current prices and an 06 being times the same in age in only a few years etc... Truly amazing the drop in prices we have seen....

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
What was the MSRP in '06? Budget on 30-40% retained cash value with nominal mileage. The numbers you're suggesting in this thread are fully profit dealer or private retail in a strong market. Very low miles skew the numbers upwards and make the condition of the car easier and quicker to sell, but when there are zero buyers, well, "quicker" is a relative term. I'd be shopping at $50K for an immaculate car and trying to buy from a first owner, not a dealer. Getting CPO if it's a "keeper" will help, so arrange to pass the car through your local dealer (or whichever dealer you've used in the past) for a nominal $2K +/- to let them sell you the CPO. Just keep in mind that the slow-down has gone on too long for any hope of recovery in the secondary market -- there's just too many cars sold at these levels and the dealers are ramping up discounts and incentives for '09 cars. The Porsche site and sites like eBay and cars.com have ample supple of 20-30K cars asking $60K. I'd expect these cars to change hands below $50K. As a buyer, you just can't look at dealer asking prices as a starting point. I wouldn't normally bother to add my two cents' on resale valuations (after all, how long is a piece of string?) but when someone is talking about $60K for a nice '06 C4S in this market, I'd hate to see them throw the better part of $10K away. Sure, the aero kit makes it distinctive and appealing, but keep in mind that if you put 20K miles on such a car and resell after the factory warranty expires next January, you're looking at maybe $30-35K retail next year. That's expensive motoring. You could spend about the same dollars and lease a new '09 for three years, keep the cash in your pocket and sleep soundly in the knowledge of the cars agreed value in three years. You can get a hint of your resale on the open market in three years by looking at the asking prices of '03 C4S's -- nominal mileage asking under $40K. Asking. Not getting. Of course, nothing is free and driving a 911 is no exception, but you can at least control the costs. Paying $60K for an '06 C4S doesn't look like a bargain over the next few years. You should be able to enjoy a nice, late model 911 for less than $1K per month.

Quick Reply: Another "whats it worth thread,,,," thanks all 06C4S Aero