Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default My C4S tinted

Thanks for looking!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:24 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default great....

Looks great, awesome color.........love the red reflector! Coilovers? Looks like a nice stance..... I think a set of spacers in the rear would look great....as well as black ceramic coating your exhaust tips and moderate chin spoiler of some kind..... great car and thanks for posting.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
SKYKING
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris, the tint looks perfect. Is it about 35-50%?
I also noted the exhaust tips have a bit of soot on them. I have heard the new DFI engine is the cause. Do you feel it is more, less, or about the same as your previous PCar. Going through "Break-in" I know it is not recommended to run it above 4,000 and that may be why there is more soot.
Does your car have the Sport PASM? I like the way it sits.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM
jlinmd
Racer

Chris, that looks awesome! That looks like 50% tint??? Now you need some clear corners.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Answers:

I have 35% on the backlight, 50% on all side windows, and 15% on the windshield header. All ceramic, top-of-the-line tint. It has Sport PASM, and yes, I agree the stance is right on. We've had nasty salt/slush/snow the last few days, so the tailpipes might be showing some of that too. I am considering getting an exhaust, so I'll wait on the tips - otherwise, black powdercoat is coming. I'll order some clear sides from Eric the Plug Guy shortly.

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Answers:

I have 35% on the backlight, 50% on all side windows, and 15% on the windshield header. All ceramic, top-of-the-line tint. It has Sport PASM, and yes, I agree the stance is right on. We've had nasty salt/slush/snow the last few days, so the tailpipes might be showing some of that too. I am considering getting an exhaust, so I'll wait on the tips - otherwise, black powdercoat is coming. I'll order some clear sides from Eric the Plug Guy shortly.

I think you'll be happier with black ceramic coated tips - powdercoating doesn't like the heat. You're car looks great. What type of ceramic - Huper Optik, FormulaOne??
Old 03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 223 Posts

Car looks great Chris! You must be psyched.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Dirtmerchant
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, Great looking C4S; I agree on the corner markers, I made it part of my deal

I've got 25% on all 5 windows none on the front; yet. My installer tells me that one of his tint companies is working on a nearly clear tint for the windshield that will filter 99% of UV and reflect a lot of heat. As a inhabitant of Southwest Florida I will be an early adopter on all my cars.

Name:  IMG_1764.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  71.4 KB.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM
othomasjr
Racer

That C4S is badass. Those new wheels have finally grown on me and now I like them the best.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

Even though I live in sunny Los Angeles, I'm not a fan of window tinting, mostly because most guys over-do it. And on a Porsche, super-dark windows are just a little too hip-hop for my taste.

Your car, however, looks perfect. Very classy tint job. Nicely done.
Also, I agree, those wheels are darned good lookin'.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good Devil Dog... Semper Fi!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
kcl
Instructor

Your car looks incredible Chris.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default one more things....

when you order from eric I may recommend the drivers side door key lock plug color matched....whens the last time you put the key in the key lock anyway?

Yes take the other persons advice, go ceramic coat over powder coat.... if you go that path. Clear corners will be nice as well.... I see your gold hood emblem (very nice) but I swapped my gold one for silver and quite happy with the subtle change. All these minor tweaks (plus the many others you can do) when combined really give the car a finished look to the perceptive eye.

Thanks for posting....

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Answers:

Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

I meant ceramic coated but I said powdercoated... oops. I know what you meant.

It is Formula One ceramic tint. The place I go here in VA is pricey compared to tint shops in SoCal, but they do the best work and have great customer service.

I am going to leave the emblems as is. There is so much I could change, but I love it the way it is. I will get clear corners, though. Considering my sales guy gave me the color center caps, I wasn't going to be impolite and ask for clear corners, too.

Thanks again for all the compliments - I can't say how happy I am to be in a 911 again. There really is no substitute (not even in the Porsche family).
Old 03-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks great Chris, I didn't realize you got the 4S, you must love it!!

Quick Reply: My C4S tinted