Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FVD Brombacher 997-2 development results...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default FVD Brombacher 997-2 development results...

The FVD Brombacher team have all been working extremely hard on our 997 2nd generation project. Here are all of the latest details direct from Germany…

Just had to throw this one in of our stainless system on the engine dyno..this is actually from the GT3..

FVD Brombacher Level 1 Tuning Kit

For 25 years, FVD-Brombacher has been setting the standard for Porsche tuning. We always strive for perfection and to be on the forefront of the tuning community. Our latest software for the 2009 and up 997’s with direct fuel injection is no exception. We have programmed the Siemens ECU to extract the maximum horsepower and torque, all while retaining the drivability and most importantly reliability required for your daily driver.

Our Level one tuning package for the newest 997 includes our ECU tuning software as well as a replacement BMC sport air filter. Our tuning package offers a solid gain of 10Hp and 9 Lb/Ft for the 3.8L 997 “S”.

Results:

Stock:
Engine - 6 Cylinder Boxer
Capacity - 3800ccm
Compression ratio - 12,5:1
Max. Power - 283kW (385HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 420Nm (310lbf ft) @ 4400rpm
Max. Speed - 300km/h (186mph)
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.5s

FVD Brombacher Level 1Tuning (Includes software and sport air filter):

Max. Power - 290kW (395HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 432Nm (319lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 305km/h (190mph)
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.4s

Find more information on any of our new 997-2 products click here:
http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...uningKits.html

FVD Brombacher Level 2 Tuning Kit

Includes our latest software for the 2009 and up 997’s with direct fuel injection and our latest version of our sport mufflers. The “sound version” of our sport mufflers gives the new 997 DFI a more pronounced, aggressive sound compared to factory mufflers. These end-mufflers are much less restrictive than the factory system which reduces backpressure and thermal stress.

Sport Muffler Highlights (Based on 997S):
- + 5 crank hp & + 2 crank torque
- 2 ½” (63.5 mm) diameter tubing (reduces thermal stress)
- Weighs 33 lbs. (15,0 Kg)
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Factory Stamped for a more pronounced Porsche® sound
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- Reuses factory tips or any aftermarket tip designed to fit OEM exhaust
- No DME programming necessary

Results:

Stock:
Capacity - 3800ccm
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph)- 4.5s

FVD Brombacher Level 2 Tuning (Includes FVD software, sport air filter and sport muffler):

Max. Power - 294kW (400HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 435Nm (321lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 307km/h (191mph)
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph)- 4.4s

FVD Brombacher Level 2 “Super Sound” Tuning Kit

This tuning kit is for those who are looking for the great 997 2nd generation sound!! This kit includes our latest software, sport air filter, “sound version” sport mufflers and our primary bypass pipe. Our “Brombacher” Primary muffler bypass system for the 2009- 997/997S increases the exhaust sound quality, volume and flow with its 2 1/2 inch (63.5 mm) diameter tubing. We noted a small increase in power, 5 crank hp and 4 crank torque on the 997S. Our system allows the right and left banks to breathe separately which creates the gain in hp and torque. The increase in mass and velocity of exhaust flow reduced backpressure and also thermal stress. The resulting sound exhibited a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat 6 Porsche® sound, which was louder and more distinguished. This system does not produce any drone in the cabin whatsoever. The bypass is fully adjustable for easy installation, which reduces installation costs.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4q3KNwhj5Y

Primary Muffler Bypass Highlights (Based on 997S):
- + 5 crank hp & + 4 crank torque Gain
- 2 ½” (63.5 mm) diameter tubing (reduces thermal stress)
- 5.5 lbs weight savings
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Adjustable design for easy installation
- Includes Quick release clamps
- Made in Germany
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- No DME programming necessary

Results:

Stock:
Capacity - 3800ccm
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.5s

FVD Level 2 "Super Sound" Tuning (Includes FVD software, sport air filter, primary bypass and sport muffler):

Max. Power - 298kW (405HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 440Nm (325lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 308km/h (191mph)
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.4s

FVD Brombacher Level 3 Tuning Kit

This kit is for those who are seeking the ultimate in FVD Brombacher power and sound. This kit includes our latest software and our “BROMBACHER” Stainless Steel Exhaust System for the 997-2 DFI. Our “BROMBACHER” system has a 70mm tubing and is modular, meaning that the system components have been designed to work together and any one of the three components can not be installed along with the stock components. This is due to the use of 2 3/4" (70mm) tubing which cannot be restricted. Brombacher exhausts are engineered for the discerning Porsche owner and offer unmatched performance, unparalleled quality, and incredible value. These high tech German manufactured systems are tested comprehensively for flow characteristics, flow rate, thermal stress, cracking, and longevity. All of our exhaust systems also meet the standards of the German independent testing agency TÜV, whose quality standards are among some of the strictest in the world.

Our exhaust system mufflers are “factory stamped” externally unlike many of our competitors exhaust . Although the factory stamping process is more expensive, the end result exhibits a strong, linear, firing-order dominated flat 6 Porsche® sound. The factory stamped outer shell dampens and eliminates unwanted frequencies to ensure that there is no resonance or drone in the cabin. Each of our exhaust systems have been extensively tested on both a chassis and engine dynos as well as logged thousands of miles on both the street and on the track. All this research, development and testing ensures maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band, while maintaining reasonable sound levels for street use.

Highlights (Based on 997S):
- + 28 Hp & + 20 lb.-ft torque Gain with exhaust system only
- Equal Length Headers with Long Tube Design
- 200 Cell German HJS Sport Catalysts with “U Torque” design
- 2 3/4" Tubing (70mm)
- Sealing Cone Style Connections and Quick Release Clamps
- 4 x 3.5"(90mm) Round Tips
- Made in Germany
- 12lbs (5 kg) weight savings

Results:

Stock:

Capacity - 3800ccm
Max. RPM - 7500rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph)- 4.5s

Level 3 Tuning (Includes FVD software, sport airfilter and exhaust system)

Max. Power - 311kW (423HP) @ 6500rpm
Max. Torque - 460Nm (339lbf ft) @ 4500rpm
Max. Speed - 310km/h (193mph)
Max. RPM - 7700rpm
Acceleration 0-100km/h (0-60mph) - 4.1s

We have alot more developments currently so please stay posted...

Please pm me or email me for any details as I am currently in germany working with the team on this project...

Find more information on any of our new 997-2 products click here:

http://shop.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/9...uningKits.html

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Want to learn more about us? Click here...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:04 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

You all have been busy. That is some high dollar stuff.... so who here on this forum is popping for the $9000 full system?

Last edited by mdrums; 02-28-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:29 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mike,

We have been busy...and our development is top quality as you can see with the dyno....

Thank you for your interest in our products.
Rhonda
Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If I may expand on Mike´s comment about the $ 9,000 system...

As with any tuner, member´s can also buy our parts individually. Sure, our complete level 3 package cost´s $ 8,751.00. But you can start with the filter, then the software and then the system or just our bypass etc. For many of us, myself included, that is how the vast majority of members tune our cars. Afterall tuning is a growth process and instant gratification is not as exciting..

Complete Exhaust System
Our complete exhaust system includes 200 cell HJS tri metal cats, long tube headers, sport end mufflers and tips. It is 2 3/4 inches all the way through and makes substantial power. Generally speaking, if you look at similar tuners packages for the 997 (1st generation) they are right around $ 5,000 dollars (plus or minus). Our´s cost´s $ 6,543. That includes shipping from Germany, customs clearance and TUV approval. So having said that I personally believe that we are price competitive.

Here is more information on our complete system...
http://192.168.23.11/us/en/Porsche-0...ps-4x90mm.html

Primary Bypass
We also have other exhaust options including our primary bypass that is 2 1/2 inches in diameter and is adjustable for easy installation. Considering that many bypass offerings on the market are one peice and range from $ 850 to $ 1,000 and our bypass cost´s $ 1,095.00 I don´t think we are that far off.

Here is the link to the bypass...
http://192.168.23.11/us/en/Porsche-0...ess-Steel.html

Software
Our software retails for $ 1,995.00
I don´t have any comparison at this point as personally I have not checked which tuner´s, if any, offer software currently for the 2nd generation. I can assure everyone that FVD worked diligently for extended periods to secure the most power, safely with the 997 2nd generation.

It is very important for us to hear the feedback from Rennlist members...so please let me know what you think about our packages and our individual offerings.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Rhonda,

You asked for feedback, so here's a little. When you first posted about the primary bypass, you stated the gains were 5% on HP/TQ. That would translate to about 19 HP gain, where your dyno now confirms just a 5 HP gain. I'm wondering what the engineers feel is the reason there's so little to pull out of this engine with just a primary bypass. Some tuners have claimed modest gains (as you found), while others have claimed huge gains (like the 5% you originally thought you'd get).

As to pricing - I can't comment on the "full Monty" as I'm not interested in that level of modification, but I am interested in a primary bypass and software for my 2009 C2S. The only 3 primary bypass systems I know of for 997.2 are offered at $695, $995, and $997 respectively, and the two software packages for the 997.2 are $995 and $1395. I typically don't like to comment on pricing, but your post asks for feedback.

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Also I see FVD is claiming a gain (small one) with the FVD X pipe.

Seems like no manufacture can agree if an X pipe works, how well it works or not but so far 2 (FVD and Fabspeed) out of 1 (AWE..loses power!)) say they do work but the gains are far different.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RonCT
Rhonda,

You asked for feedback, so here's a little. When you first posted about the primary bypass, you stated the gains were 5% on HP/TQ. That would translate to about 19 HP gain, where your dyno now confirms just a 5 HP gain. I'm wondering what the engineers feel is the reason there's so little to pull out of this engine with just a primary bypass. Some tuners have claimed modest gains (as you found), while others have claimed huge gains (like the 5% you originally thought you'd get).

As to pricing - I can't comment on the "full Monty" as I'm not interested in that level of modification, but I am interested in a primary bypass and software for my 2009 C2S. The only 3 primary bypass systems I know of for 997.2 are offered at $695, $995, and $997 respectively, and the two software packages for the 997.2 are $995 and $1395. I typically don't like to comment on pricing, but your post asks for feedback.

Thanks.
RonCT,

Thank you for your feedback. Initial estimates were with the software as I learned as soon as I reached Germany. The 5 hp is just the primary bypass alone. We actually thought we would see a little more... We tried a few different set ups from X pipe, variations of the X pipe and finally this set up where the banks run completely seperate paths. This is absolutely the most power that we could get.

Very simply stated I cannot touch those prices for our primary bypass. It is adjustable for easy install so we are not comparing apples to apples. Please understand we manufacture here in Germany, we must pay for TUV approval, we must ship it, pay customs etc. While I understand that we are more expensive, our costs are much greater than say a tuner here in the states.

Thanks!
Rhonda
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per your request for feedback......the software pricing is much more expensive than Softronic, Revo or GIAC.......why so expensive?

Does your software provide something their's does not?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 PM
mdrums
Race Director

speedART just released there full system for the 997.2...it has everything the FVD has and even looks the same but is priced even higher at $9700+!!!! WTF are these manufactures thinking...for an exhaust system and ECU flash???!!! WOW!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Adfsouth,

Thank you for the feedback.

As an example lets take the 997.2 S which is 2009 and up and is 385 crank hp from the factory...

The first software supplier that you mention, states..355 hp, I don´t see reference to the new model, nor do I see years.

The second software supplier that you mentioned I found the same info, 355hp for the S, that is not the new model.

And the last you mentioned the same info but in years...2008 - 2005 997® Carrera®.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don´t see one of the tuners that you mentioned with software for the 2009 and up 997Sor for that matter the 997.

I know that we have the new model list on our website with pricing. If you list the new (2009 and up model on your website with pricing), odds are you have completed your development and are selling it.

In all fairness to FVD and the other tuners, if you are making comparisons please compare Siemens ECU tuning for the 2009 and up 997/S.

Also if I may comment on FVD Brombacher on the whole and why we are different. Our software is meant for our hardware, all of our software is developed in house with hardware chosen by us and in most instances designed for us and also sold by us. Our kits develop bulletproof power and have been doing so for years. We have been tuning Porsche® cars reliably for 25 years now. Our specialty is Porsche® and 98% of what we do is for Porsche®. Many software tuners have backgrounds in audi, vw and a variety of other vehicles. If you are commited to one brand like we have been for so long and all of your resources are dedicated to this brand... Wouldn´t it be safe bet to say that experience leads to a product that is superior to those whose resources are spread out?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Rhonda
Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
speedART just released there full system for the 997.2...it has everything the FVD has and even looks the same but is priced even higher at $9700+!!!! WTF are these manufactures thinking...for an exhaust system and ECU flash???!!! WOW!
Mike,

Great! Thank you for mentioning that. Now we are comparing apples to apples, finally.

Both systems include cats, headers and mufflers with tips. I know that you think that our prices are crazy but we are a $ 1,000.00 lower correct? Please understand that we try to offer U.S. customers the most cost effective German tuning period.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Old 03-06-2009, 10:28 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Mike,

Great! Thank you for mentioning that. Now we are comparing apples to apples, finally.

Both systems include cats, headers and mufflers with tips. I know that you think that our prices are crazy but we are a $ 1,000.00 lower correct? Please understand that we try to offer U.S. customers the most cost effective German tuning period.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Correct you are about $1k lower in price.

Also I have another question for you...

Your primary by pass pipe...looks something like an X pipe but you say in a post above that it keeps each bank seperate. So I take it that your primary by pass pipe is not an X or H pipe in design but 2 totally seperate pipes with no opening to either side?...It just looks like an X pipe where the 2 exhaust flows would meet but there is a wall keeping this from happening?
Old 03-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mdrums
Correct you are about $1k lower in price.

Also I have another question for you...

Your primary by pass pipe...looks something like an X pipe but you say in a post above that it keeps each bank seperate. So I take it that your primary by pass pipe is not an X or H pipe in design but 2 totally seperate pipes with no opening to either side?...It just looks like an X pipe where the 2 exhaust flows would meet but there is a wall keeping this from happening?
Mike,

You are correct, there is a wall keeping the 2 exhaust flows from meeting.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Mike,

You are correct, there is a wall keeping the 2 exhaust flows from meeting.

Thanks,
Rhonda
Thanks Rhonda...things are more clear now....your system keeps the 2 exhaust banks totally seperate...it just looks like an X pipe but is not...because FVD found keeping the exhaust banks seperate gave better power.

Also from the pictures it appears that FVD did the testing with a PDK car.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Rhonda@FVD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mike,

Your welcome. You are spot on, all of our testing was done with a 2009 997S PDK. We tried several set ups as I mentioned previously, but found that seperate exhaust paths allowed us to extract the most power possible.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Quick Reply: FVD Brombacher 997-2 development results...