Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2007 Carrera S, Speed Yellow, low miles, $54K

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Nickinohio
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also interested, but I cannot PM you. Can I find you on 6Speedonline? Or, can you send me your contact info via PM here?

Thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Dr. Car
Racer

Originally Posted by Nickinohio
I am also interested, but I cannot PM you. Can I find you on 6Speedonline? Or, can you send me your contact info via PM here?

Thanks
My contact information is in my Car.com ad, here's the link: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=295872540

I went to 6speedonline but I'm not a member and I couldn't get your contact information.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
dD/dt
Racer

Originally Posted by MHC2S
We'll like I said before we can argue the "which is more important age or miles" all day long. The fact is there are tons of 997's out there for sale with very few buyers. I only wish I was a buyer now. On another subject if you think cars are bad. I have a buddy trying to sell a boat. The boat market is way worse.
I'm sure it's awful in this economy. Same for the small airplane market.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:24 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MHC2S
We can argue this all day of what is a better buy, but we can all agree these are very tough times for selling all cars both new and used. I was only trying to show that there are other great buys out there on 997's. Best of luck to all parties.
On price alone, of course the '05 is less expensive, so that makes it a better buy. My guess is there's about $5K/year (maybe more?) separation in the prices for each model year. Couldn't agree more with you on this being a VERY rough market and there are good buys, no make that great buys, to be had right now.

i never thought this to be an argument. If you're spending $50K, seems going another $5K isn't that big of a stretch to get a car that's two years younger?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Dr. Car
Racer

The car is finally sold. A Porsche dealer saw the ad and called to offer me the asking price if the car was what I said it was. I brought the car to the dealer, the dealer did a thorough inspection and promptly cut me a check for my firm asking price of $54,000. Obviously the dealer is confident it can resell the car for a profit.

I tell you, it's a strange market out there. I had many inquiries, but no private party stepped up to the plate. I got lots of people sniping at my firm price, trying to get me to take $50, 51 or 52,000 - sight unseen, which is absurd to me.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats. I bet you the dealer already has a buyer for it. No way any car dealership is willing to increase inventory at times like these. As far as those people calling, I usually tell them sure, just send me the check and I will send you the car... Oh I see, now you have to look at the car...
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 AM
jdcooper
8th Gear

I'm so glad you sold the car. It seemed like a very fair price and it gives me something to shoot for while buying my own C2S. (My missus was vehemently opposed to Yellow, unfortunately. And I'd prefer not Black/Silver, but Blue is rare.)
Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Sub
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats on the sale! Welcome to summer!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 932 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Car
The car is finally sold. A Porsche dealer saw the ad and called to offer me the asking price if the car was what I said it was. I brought the car to the dealer, the dealer did a thorough inspection and promptly cut me a check for my firm asking price of $54,000. Obviously the dealer is confident it can resell the car for a profit.

I tell you, it's a strange market out there. I had many inquiries, but no private party stepped up to the plate. I got lots of people sniping at my firm price, trying to get me to take $50, 51 or 52,000 - sight unseen, which is absurd to me.
So few people have been buying new cars, that used car demand is actually rising and exceeding supply, and so are prices:

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2...gWs&refer=home

So it may well be that dealers are seeing this trend, and starting to stock up on good pre-owned cars that people actually want to buy.

This phenomena may mean that a bottom is being put in right now on used car prices, whether that applies to a specialty car like a 911 is hard to know.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 AM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats on the sale, I hope I will get that much for mine
Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 AM
BGA23
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nyca
This phenomena may mean that a bottom is being put in right now on used car prices, whether that applies to a specialty car like a 911 is hard to know.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a "bottom" (except for $0) in a depreciating asset, such as a car. About the best we can hope is for the rate of depreciation to slow.

$54K for this car seems like a great deal. I'm toying with listing mine and I was thinking around asking the same $54K for it, but I'm unsure about selling.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:12 AM
Dr. Car
Racer

Originally Posted by BGA23
$54K for this car seems like a great deal. I'm toying with listing mine and I was thinking around asking the same $54K for it, but I'm unsure about selling.
If you have more options, it might be about right. I think options are worth something. I see you have nice Sport Design wheels.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Dr. Car
Racer

Originally Posted by nyca
So few people have been buying new cars, that used car demand is actually rising and exceeding supply, and so are prices:

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2...gWs&refer=home

So it may well be that dealers are seeing this trend, and starting to stock up on good pre-owned cars that people actually want to buy.

You're onto something. The sales manager and and another employee at the dealership told me they are selling more used cars than new. Plus, I think that buyers know inventories are high and sales are low, and are demanding invoice pricing. If there's not much money in new car sales and used cars are popular, that forces dealerships in a different direction.

Quick Reply: FS: 2007 Carrera S, Speed Yellow, low miles, $54K