Sponsored by:

Photo Shoot: 997 911s

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Malore
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Photo Shoot: 997 911s

Hi everybody! Just wanted to share a few shots of a gorgeous 997 911s I shot yesterday.

Enjoy!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:09 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Excellent!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow - i love the mirrors.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice photos and car. not a fan of the decals, esp "tuned to the german automotive soul." cringeworthy, imo.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Great looking car.
Great photos as well.
Not a big fan of those stickers at all.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Please tell me you own or are somehow associated with this Matrix Integrated company. Otherwise, oh my gaaaaad those decals!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:55 PM
ECS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome....but ditch the decals.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 163 Posts

Nice pics.
But the graphics detract from the car, I think.
Cringeworthy is the right word for that slogan, indeed.
Apologies if Matrix Integrated is your company.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Stickers totally suck. In all possible sucking ways. They aren't really stickers, more of a cry for help.

Mirrors? I didn't notice them at first, because I couldn't take my eyes off the wheels!
Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

concur,--the decals detract. People shouldn't be READING advertisements on the sides of Porsches...
Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with all beautiful car indeed, ruined by the decals proof that too more is often "too much"
Old 02-11-2009, 01:37 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Great captures Mark!

Interesting (and honest) feedback on the shop graphics gents.

So one could only assume that all of you dislike any graphics on Porsche's, even;

The big and BOLD OEM GT3 RS script;

(thanks for the pics Fabryce!)

Smaller GT3 RS script;

Original OEM "Carrera" script;

Or, just for curiosity sake, is it that even though we designed our shop graphics off of the original "Carrera" graphics(but much much smaller), and designed them to still be a clean design on Carl's 997S (since he's a long time client and we built the car for him, he wanted a bit bolder look to go with the black wheels, vs the incredibly subtle look of another client's 996TT track car--below), the fact that they're not true OEM Porsche graphics makes them suck in all possible ways?

Cliff's 996TT;

A bit amazed too that you find our catch phrase so "cringeworthy" as well. German Automotive is our business, we build/"tune" meticulous German vehicles, and on a deeper level we are truly "tuned" in to our clients needs, desires, etc...many clients(Carl, Cliff, etc) becoming life long friends. I invite you to read what we're about; http://www.matrixintegrated.cc
Old 02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Well personally I don't like any graphics like that on a Porsche but it is semi-acceptable if the factory made it that way. Though I would never choose one that way.

Any other graphics are essentially advertising and having a marketing slogan on the car only accentuates this point. Just looks bad and akin to the myriad of older toyotas and hondas with tuner graphics and giant spoilers and tailpipes. Incidentally I also cringe when I see people wearing t shirts with a giant silkscreened "POLO" on the chest or a golf bag with "TAYLOR MADE" across the entire length. It is just too much and screams look at me.

By the way, no disrespect to the car or what the company does. Its just the graphics that are sucky.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:31 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JW911
Well personally I don't like any graphics like that on a Porsche but it is semi-acceptable if the factory made it that way. Though I would never choose one that way.

Any other graphics are essentially advertising and having a marketing slogan on the car only accentuates this point. Just looks bad and akin to the myriad of older toyotas and hondas with tuner graphics and giant spoilers and tailpipes. Incidentally I also cringe when I see people wearing t shirts with a giant silkscreened "POLO" on the chest or a golf bag with "TAYLOR MADE" across the entire length. It is just too much and screams look at me.

By the way, no disrespect to the car or what the company does. Its just the graphics that are sucky.
Thanks for your thoughts JW.

Agreed with the "typical" stream of logos down the front of the door (from top of door to bottom of door). This is exactly what we didn't care to emulate on any of our shop/built cars. We felt emulating the Porsche-style script was the cleanest way to advertise our cars....we're in the automotive business, we have to advertise and market ourselves in some way.

Thanks much.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JW911

+1. Factory scripts I can put up with, provided it's not an advertising slogan. For example, a "There is no substitute" script on any Porsche would also be cringe-worthy even from the factory.

Quick Reply: Photo Shoot: 997 911s