Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche brings out worst in other drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:38 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drivers in pick-up trucks have the lowest rate of tickets: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...t-tickets.aspx
Old 01-23-2009, 01:51 AM
cade23
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by points
They figure you are rich and arrogant drivin that fancy car....same thing happens on I-95 here.
No problems here in LA where we are all rich and arrogant, even the truck drivers. Just kidding. I just smile and tell them to have a fantastic day.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:43 AM
LJpete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a few compliments and no negative comments (at least that where audible). I do get the occasional rev by a G35 but it seems more frequent the STI/WRX and Evo crowd. Not saying they could or couldn't beat me in a straight line as I know how fast they are but odd that the trend seems to be with them.

In my daily (a Grand Cherokee), I seem to get cut off a lot by BMW and Prius drivers. My personal favorite is the aggressive Prius driver racing from light to light diminishing whatever fuel savings he/she has to beat the sports utility vehicles and then drive slow once they get in front of you. LOL
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM
MFC996
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LJpete
I've had a few compliments and no negative comments (at least that where audible). I do get the occasional rev by a G35 but it seems more frequent the STI/WRX and Evo crowd. Not saying they could or couldn't beat me in a straight line as I know how fast they are but odd that the trend seems to be with them.

In my daily (a Grand Cherokee), I seem to get cut off a lot by BMW and Prius drivers. My personal favorite is the aggressive Prius driver racing from light to light diminishing whatever fuel savings he/she has to beat the sports utility vehicles and then drive slow once they get in front of you. LOL
With the ride height and those tires there is definite Hummer Derangement Syndrome with Prius drivers. A good trick to keep from getting hassled in the 911 : Keep your windows up, crack the sunroof upwards a bit and blast "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath. That should do it
Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 719 Posts

It happens when I'm in my Benz.

+1 on it being mostly trucks.
pm sent

Quick Reply: Porsche brings out worst in other drivers?