Rennline Front Tie Down/Jack Plate **Product Release** $70

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009 | 11:15 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Rennline Front Tie Down/Jack Plate **Product Release** $70

Front Tie Down/Jack Plate **Product Release** $89.95 on Sale for the month of Jan for $70 a pair.

Securing a 997/996/Boxster or Cayman to a trailer is next to impossible without the use of wheel straps that are just about guaranteed to destroy your wheels in time. Save those expensive wheels with a set of inexpensive tie down hooks from Rennline. These hooks have been specifically engineered to bolt to the front of your car without any modification or removal of any factory torqued bolts. Another great feature of these hooks are that Rennline has incorporated a much needed jack pad that will allow you to easily lift the front of your car without the worry of damaging your rocker panel or plastic under trays. Hooks are constructed of steel and powder coated red. Each kit comes with (2) front hooks and all hardware needed for a 5 minute installation.

To purchase this item please click here!

Old 01-06-2009 | 11:25 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

I Think these look great, and myself and a few friends were going to order these. One of the other guys asked the shop that he deals with about these, and this is the feedback that was received from one shop.

"Those particular tie downs, in my humble opinion, are a poor idea. I have seen quite a few 996/997/986/987 cars with the front lifting pads torn off from towing / transport by securing the car by the lifting pads. They are not strong enough for, nor designed to be used as, securing points for transport. Given that damaging one's wheels is not a particularly appealing side-effect of towing, it is desireable to have an alternative. This, however, is not it in my opinion. The only other option, would be to re-enforce the welds and the body structure surrounding the lifting pads, and then use an item like this. Also, I would recommend removing these items prior to driving (and re-install for towing / transport at each instance), as the area of greatest road surface contact, aside from the front splitter, would be these items."

I am not trying to put you on the spot, but I am trying to avoid a product that will not do the job.

BTW I love your stuff, I have your 3 piece pedals with extension and the rear tie downs on my car already.

Ed
Old 01-06-2009 | 09:06 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Ed,

I'm having a hard time imagining how one could rip these parts from the unibody by using them as tie downs, Do you have any photos of these ripped off? I personally have never seen or heard of this happening. I have seen where a wreaker has ripped them with a chain by pulling a car side ways from a ditch, but never from simply strapping the car down. And even then, they were ripped in half and not ripped off. The amount of tension required to tear these jack point off would have to be insane.

As for the placement of them........... These things are so low profile that you would have to rip your entire front bumper off before these would make any contact with the ground.
Old 01-06-2009 | 11:45 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rennline
Hi Ed,

I'm having a hard time imagining how one could rip these parts from the unibody by using them as tie downs, Do you have any photos of these ripped off? I personally have never seen or heard of this happening. I have seen where a wreaker has ripped them with a chain by pulling a car side ways from a ditch, but never from simply strapping the car down. And even then, they were ripped in half and not ripped off. The amount of tension required to tear these jack point off would have to be insane.

As for the placement of them........... These things are so low profile that you would have to rip your entire front bumper off before these would make any contact with the ground.
So you would keep them on and not take them off for street or track driving?

BTW I have your rear hooks and a set of your pedals on my GT3 - good products!
Old 01-07-2009 | 12:17 AM
plz
Advanced

How are the cars tied down while in transport from the factory to the dealer?
Old 01-07-2009 | 09:12 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

They are designed to be left on.
Old 01-07-2009 | 10:52 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Hi Ed,

Like I said, this is feedback that I received from a third party. I am only trying to find the right solution for tie down's and this quote was forwarded to me from another person interested in them. I too have a hard time imagining the force required to rip them off. I also have a hard time believing that Rennline would bring a product to the market that hasn't been properly researched or tested.

I am convinced, I am just waiting to see what the others (locally) will be doing, and see if they want to order as well. You should hear from me in a day or two.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ed
Old 01-07-2009 | 11:28 AM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Ed. This is all good info. I would just really like to have some proof of this happening. Plus I need proof of it happening under normal situations. Like I said in an earlier post, I have never heard of this in my life and we get A LOT of information from customers regarding tow hooks. Especially on the later cars since strapping them down is such an issue. This design was based on customers complaining that the newer cars no longer allowed them to attach there straps to the jack points due to the plastic under trays. Plus, they didn't want to throw straps through the wheels because we all know what will eventually happen there.

Keep me posted as to what you find out. We enjoy getting feedback on all of our products (good and bad) so that we can evolve them to highest level possible.

Happy Motoring.
Old 01-07-2009 | 11:50 AM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

I will need to get the tie downs before I can give you feedback. I sent an email out to the others to see if they want your tie downs.

What is your name?
Old 01-07-2009 | 12:12 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This is Paul Jacques. I'm the owner of Rennline.
Old 01-07-2009 | 12:33 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

This is Paul Jacques. I'm the owner of Rennline.
Thanks Paul, I will ask for you when I order them.

Ed
Old 01-09-2009 | 12:13 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Paul, I just placed an order for a few sets of these as well as some 66 degree rear tie downs. I asked for you, but you were out of the office. Sorry I missed you.

BTW, You have really nice people working with you.
Old 01-09-2009 | 01:57 PM
Rennline
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Ed, Sorry I missed you as well, We are in the process of building a new facility so I find myself at the job-site doing our general contractor's job, more often then I would like. We do have great help. Keep us posted on the hooks.
Old 01-09-2009 | 04:29 PM
NorthVan
Three Wheelin'

Paul,

I have had to deal with the same GC stuff with my business. I know what you are dealing with, the move will be a gong show.

Will give you an update when I get the tie downs.

Quick Reply: Rennline Front Tie Down/Jack Plate **Product Release** $70