Sponsored by:

$152k Targa?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GR997S
Alot of cows gave their life up for the leather options......GR
I just noticed the leather covered fuse box panel. Wow, that must get noticed a lot.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
vitman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think someone needs to remind them that the options are for the enjoyment of the first owner but they're not worth much secondhand.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:13 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by vitman
I think someone needs to remind them that the options are for the enjoyment of the first owner but they're not worth much secondhand.
"them" is "us".
Old 01-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone needs to pass that guy a bong..............'cause he needs to be 'high' when someone tells him it ain't worth more then probably about 80k.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:38 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Indeed, a $150K Targa is a sight to behold, especially when you are in Turbo territory that includes some basic options.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:59 AM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

That's the first 997 I have ever seen with the optional leather seat belt buckles.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
geof
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not? It's a free country. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:20 AM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I also bet it goes for $80k ish..... the market is too soft and option do not command a premium on used cars..... even ceramic brakes only get a fraction of what they cost new.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rear wiper! I wouldn't touch it, those things really slow these cars down.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by _Nathan
That's the first 997 I have ever seen with the optional leather seat belt buckles.
Nothing like a cows skin to cover seat belt buckles with. 2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet 997
BASE Porsche Base Model
98 Non-Metallic Paint to Sample
V5 Brown Top
TG Sand Beige Full Leather
P15 Power Seat Package
680 Bose High End Sound Package
342 Heated Front Seats
982 Supple Leather Front and Rear
M6C Cocoa Floor Mats
XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest
498 Delete Model Designation
267 Self Dimming Mirrors
451 Makassar Str Whl Multifctn
801 Makassar Package
XJT Rear Ctr. Console Makassar
XTT Door Finishers Makassar, Dark
XNG Instrument Surround in Leather
XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror
XTG Inner Sill Parts/Release-Lthr
2493 Exterior Color to Sample
789 997 Paint To Sample
670 Navigation for PCM
X54 Stainless Steel Exhaust Pipes
CDT Seat Belt Buckles Leather
CFS Belt Outlet B Pillar Makassar
CUL Windstop W/"Porsche"Lettering
CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo
CZD Interior Light Cover Leather
DAA Interior Pkg A Pillar Leather
EAB Makassar Package Switch Panel
-------------------------

-------------------------
Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Here's the classic dilemma: we tell people "order what you want, and forget about resale value". Then when someone does that they're criticized or laughed at for "overspending". Where is the "value point" on ordering these cars? Can the full leather? Nix the sport chrono? Reject PSE? Avoid PDK? Blow the Bose?

On that basis we should all be ordering base C2's in black with basic black interiors and just maybe sports seats. Am I correct?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Le Chef
Here's the classic dilemma: we tell people "order what you want, and forget about resale value". Then when someone does that they're criticized or laughed at for "overspending". Where is the "value point" on ordering these cars? Can the full leather? Nix the sport chrono? Reject PSE? Avoid PDK? Blow the Bose?

On that basis we should all be ordering base C2's in black with basic black interiors and just maybe sports seats. Am I correct?
Nah, sport seats wouldn't hold their value!

You make a good point. We are a strange lot aren't we? That is a ton of options, especially for a Targa. But if he got the Targa as a cruiser and had the cash to make it a luxury cruiser, more power to him.

When someone on the 996 Forum would post specs on a used car they were interested in and the car had been driven 9k to 10K miles per year, guys would say the mileage was too high. Then someone would post a car that had been driven only 4k to 5k miles per year, and the same guys would say "pass on that car because the mileage is too low." This always used to make me laugh.

One time I posted a comment similar to yours above, asking the 996 guys what the "right" number of annual miles was for a Porsche. Of course, no one offered a specific number.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Le Chef

Le Chef you do make a valid point; however, this particular case demonstrates poor judgement and lack of understanding of what a Porsche is. Poor judgement, I believe, is demonstrated by the fact that a car that lists for 100k has options added to it that amount to 50% of the list value. Furthermore, the vehicle is up for sale within two years, consider its very low mileage, and that tells me that whomever purchased this vehicle had poor sense of judgement. Or maybe, a poor sense of economic value (easy money?). I can fully understand that a knowledgeable buyer purchases a fully optioned/customized vehicle and derives full enjoyment of it, which by the way is demonstrated by its use and length of time he owns it. My opinion.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

There's an interesting test to determine what you should order or not.

Assume you are going to search for a used 997 as the basis of this test.

What are the "deal breaker" options that the car has to have for you to consider it?

What are the "nice to have" options that might sway you towards one car over another assuming both had all of your "deal breaker" options?

Now you have your answer that will help determine what to order perhaps for a short ownership or lease, and what to order for long term ownership.

Cheers!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by russo
Le Chef you do make a valid point; however, this particular case demonstrates poor judgement and lack of understanding of what a Porsche is...
Really, what is a Porsche? It's certainly not the same thing to everyone who owns one. I'm sure that the majority of 997's sold never see a racetrack. One of the reasons that I chose a 997 over a Z06 was that the interior of the Porsche with sport seats and full leather is so much nicer that the Vette (which is crap). If that guy loaded up his Targa with expensive options to make it more luxurious then good for him, as long as it makes him happy. I don't know why it is being sold so but I'm not going to make any assumptions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: $152k Targa?