Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$152k Targa?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

I think all Porsche's should be loaded up....that way I can buy them two years young with all the options (sometimes more than I like) for the same price as a base model.

When I purchased my used 997 C4S I did not even consider cars without full leather or adaptive sport seats....but I do not feel I paid for them either
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=_Nathan;6149404]Really, what is a Porsche? It's certainly not the same thing to everyone who owns one. I'm sure that the majority of 997's sold never see a racetrack. One of the reasons that I chose a 997 over a Z06 was that the interior of the Porsche with sport seats and full leather is so much nicer that the Vette (which is crap). If that guy loaded up his Targa with expensive options to make it more luxurious then good for him, as long as it makes him happy. I don't know why it is being sold so but I'm not going to make any assumptions.

Nathan.
But why load up some much on options, (sell the car in 2 years) and take a bath in the depreciation alone? I am willing to bet that if you load up on any car with that many options you will not throw your money away in that manner. Think about it, a car that lists for 100K with 52K in options.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

The only silly thing here is optioning such a car and then trying to sell it with 3800 miles on it. Someone obviously won't miss the money or just didn't care for the car. Personally, I wouldn't touch a turbo,--there are significant engine issues with those cars that will cost you big time over the long haul.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The only silly thing here is optioning such a car and then trying to sell it with 3800 miles on it. Someone obviously won't miss the money or just didn't care for the car. Personally, I wouldn't touch a turbo,--there are significant engine issues with those cars that will cost you big time over the long haul.
That is my point, why option the vehicle to this extent and then sell it within 2 years? Furthermore, the vehicle wasn't even driven to the extent that the purchaser was able to enjoy.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

I think it is all relative to how much money is too much to lose.

Do you think if this was Bill Gates Porsche he would be upset about a $70K loss?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

good luck selling that think for the asking price. I looked at the list of options and laughed
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Personally, I wouldn't touch a turbo,--there are significant engine issues with those cars that will cost you big time over the long haul.
What engine issues do you speak of? I thought that the GT1 block was considered the most developed (raced/stressed/etc) of all the engines in the model line (including ours, the M96-97) and even at ~480HP is no where near its 'power handling' limit. The RMS issue does not seem to affect the turbos much (altho it plagues the GT3s - same block - for some reason) and many GT3 owners have used the 996 TT RMS seal as a "fix". I have not heard of a problem with excessive turbo failure, either. Curious: What do you know?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by russo
Nathan.
But why load up some much on options, (sell the car in 2 years) and take a bath in the depreciation alone? I am willing to bet that if you load up on any car with that many options you will not throw your money away in that manner. Think about it, a car that lists for 100K with 52K in options.
I agree, it is unlikely that anyone would put 52K in options on a car that they planned to sell in 2 years. I am guessing that the owner is selling it because either:
1) He planned to keep it for longer but is forced to sell due to some circumstance
or
2) He has so much money that he doesn't care.

Quick Reply: $152k Targa?