Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is going to hurt- trade in values.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:47 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Find me an R63. Nobody would even see it coming.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:16 AM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

care to give some auction data on 2.5/2.7/3.2 boxster?
thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 AM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
And she knows that. She needs to 'feel' out the market. Back in 06 when Benz was throwing tons of incentive cash on the RClass to market it people have, not their fault, a warped sense of reality regarding the R Class.

Sadly, the new 09 R class is brilliant. It's what the 06 should have been. But they will, eventually, kill the R Class all together.

MB has not ceased production of the R Class yet FYI. *nice jab tho! bastard! lol

But DRASTICALLY scaled down production.

Follow up with her and make sure you help her along the process. (And she's probably going to shop you on the Q-it's not like AUDI can give those pigs away either! LOL )
Thanks C -

I'm on her like white on rice.

Meant the 500 V8 ( not too up on current MB products - prolly should be ).

I do know what a black series ( sort of ) is tho.....
Old 11-20-2008, 01:17 AM
SeanInLA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once people feel better they will start to buy more Porsche's. Forget that 401K black hole, I am going to invest in the short term the next few years and start enjoying life! You can always unload your used inventory quickly if you pass along the deals. That mid 30's 2008 335i Conv sounds like a good deal. Hook us up!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:30 AM
andre5
Instructor

Great post guys!

I used to be one who would be itching for something new/different to drive every couple of years until my wife threw down the gauntlet: go ahead and buy (not lease) the 997S, but I will not be allowed to get another new car for 10 years! Sounded daunting at first back in April 2006, but I don't have any regrets now. Like others have said, this car is doing better than most investments out there.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 AM
1crazy canuck
Racer

I dont think it's too big a deal. What will happen is that people that can afford to will just hold on to their porsches or ? for a year or 2 longer than they anticipated, or they will trade for something else once the difference between the 2 becomes palateable.

If you are already "invested" into the Porsche market, what matters is the difference to get your next car - nothing more, nothing less. The problem only arises if you have to fire sale your car.

I am guessing that most 911 owners bought their cars, or were in positions to pay cash for their cars and leased for tax / business reasons...at least the friends and colleagues I have talked to did.

In the mean time we can enjoy the discounts on the used market to add to your collection
Old 11-20-2008, 10:52 AM
texas911
Race Car

Dark times for sure. Unless you're in the market for a used 911 with no trade in!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:10 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texas911
Dark times for sure. Unless you're in the market for a used 911 with no trade in!
No surprise here-it is bad times for most anyone selling anything (real estate, cars, boats, planes, fifancial instruments, general retailers in malls who cannot sell their holiday merchendise, which normally makes them one half of their profits) obviously, anyone who'se money is all in cash now and has been so for the last 6 months is in great shape. By the way, the govt, in my opinion, has no alternative but to bail out the auto manufacturers-too many jobs at stake. I just think that the salary of the executives for that period of time should reflect their govt employee status-the ceo should make $400,000, the
Senior vp should make $200,000, etc.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:31 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Times have changed..in May I ordered a Prius, touring model to offset the $4.57 per gal for gas I was sucking down (ave 13 mpg). Needed something to cut the cost.............Had to wait 5 months for the car to arrive. It just came in, gas is now $1.90 for regular and $2.19 for premium........The Prius, is still on the lot.......waiting for the next buyer....I just keep driving what I got....Sign -O-the -times.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Bobby, no offense but that was a knee-jerk reaction. Of course no one can accurately predict what exactly is going to happen; however, just like the Great Depression; the Economy and the Country will rebound.

With lows, there are highs.

The reality is when most of your portfolios were great, a lot of peeps were buying; but paying premiums thinking it was okay.

Your Portfolio, will come back around. But the 'real' deals are out there NOW.

Why do you think so many Millionairs become BILLIONAIRS in times like these? B/c they know NOW is the time to start buying up market share.

Buy low (now) sell high (when the market readjusts in 3-5 quarters) and enjoy your new P car!

*APPLAUSE*
Didja like that last part?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Likemystoppie, no offense taken. I'm in the business where we do very very well when energy is on the rise. Energy is our business - but we don't see a rebound in the economy until late next year if then. Gas prices will not grow until the economy grows = the 2010 model Prius is promised to be an improvement over the 09 model......cost differential, next to nothing. If the economy doesn't improve.......unit 2011..then will be a good time to buy There is always time to buy, but little time save. Now if I good get a screaming deal on an 09 C4S or Turbo, that's a car of a differnt color, but a Prius????
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

didja want a screem'n deal on 09C4S OR Turbo?
Old 11-20-2008, 04:47 PM
DanJK
Racer

Stoppie - you make a very big assumption that we are in the "low" now. I was back in to GE at a then screaming 22/share. Today it is 13. Your billionaires are not buying now, I assure you.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

didja want a screem'n deal on 09C4S OR Turbo?
Either - thank you.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:35 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

...just like the Great Depression; the Economy and the Country will rebound...
Yeah eventually it will rebound but it took 30 years and a world war for the economy to recover from the Great Depression.

Quick Reply: This is going to hurt- trade in values.