Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curb Ramp Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 AM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Aaron, I'll take them if still available.

I live in Michigan, and am happy to pay actual shipping costs if you're willing to to mail them to me.

Please check your PM.

BerryS
Grand Rapids, MI

Originally Posted by am722
Bump, price drop. 100 bucks take 'em. By the way, I didn't even end up needing anything after all (translation: I am an idiot).
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ramps are sold. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Kevin K
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile City fixed the scraping problem!

I have to give credit where due, this time to city government (Rockville, MD).

I called the Dept of Public Works to explain the problem and to see if I myself could try to make some type of modification to correct the scraping - ramp product, etc. The only other way to avoid it was to hit the driveway at that perfect angle which required an approach from only one direction.

To my surprise, they were quite understanding and said they'd fix it for me come the warmer temperatures of the Spring. Lo and behold they replaced the entire driveway apron from sidewalk to street with one at a more shallow angle and they slightly raised the nadir where the street meets the concrete apron. Problem solved at no cost to me.

Not sure what other municipalities might be so accommodating, but it is worth a phone call to your local Public Works Department before you invest in some other type of fix. You never know the outcome.

Signed: A satisfied city taxpayer
Kevin
Old 07-18-2017, 08:52 PM
DropTopCarrera
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked out Griot's product as well as Bridjit. After a bit of Googling I found a similar but less expensive DIY driveway ramp called Curb Ramp: http://curbramp.us/

I contacted their 800# and they confirmed it would be HOA compliant in my neighborhood, which it was. They helped me estimate the amount of material I needed and offered free shipping. All & all it was just under $200. Basically you just mix the components together and lay it down to fill in the curb gap. It does the job and actually looks pretty good. Hope this helps!
Old 07-18-2017, 10:23 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DropTopCarrera
I checked out Griot's product as well as Bridjit. After a bit of Googling I found a similar but less expensive DIY driveway ramp called Curb Ramp: http://curbramp.us/

I contacted their 800# and they confirmed it would be HOA compliant in my neighborhood, which it was. They helped me estimate the amount of material I needed and offered free shipping. All & all it was just under $200. Basically you just mix the components together and lay it down to fill in the curb gap. It does the job and actually looks pretty good. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info...but I wouldn't depend on the vendor to confirm that the product is HOA compliant - probably should ask HOA.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:41 PM
DropTopCarrera
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was on the phone with them for about 20 minutes getting the product specs. I think they just Googled the HOA in my neighborhood and gave me the number to call and expalined what to ask them. Apparently they haven't had too many issues w/ HOA in the past.. Either way, it was reassuring.

Quick Reply: Curb Ramp Recommendations?