Help with options and choices

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008 | 05:48 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Default Help with options and choices

Thinking of building a 09 PDK 911 with std 18" wheels

1) Meteror gray exterior

2) Used to have a Cayman S with Adaptise seats and to my surprise the 911 std comfort seats with power were very comfy and at the same time supportive, less constricting, and held me in my place around turns

I think the std seats with full leather may be better as a DD, any opinions?

3) Full leather in Black- is it worht it with black leather or it is not that apparent?

also what is full leather seat?

4) Gonaa get Red seat belts and rear center console painted black to brighten the interior - what do you guys think?

5) Anyone got 09 ventilated seats? are they effective?
Old 10-11-2008 | 06:34 PM
saltydawg
Advanced

1. Totally personal preference

2. I like the *** seats. Depends on how big your *** is.

3. Black is the one color you could skip full leather if you wanted to save $. Full leather adds stitching on the dash. I prefer full leather. Full leather seat adds leather to the seat back for the regular seats I believe.

4. Red seat belts will add color to the interior. I don't know how a rear center console in black will brighten the interior however. Consider console in Meteor grey or aluminum look.

5. Have tried the ventilated seats. They are amazingly effective.

Good luck.
Old 10-11-2008 | 09:27 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by casaforte9
Thinking of building a 09 PDK 911 with std 18" wheels

1) Meteror gray exterior

2) Used to have a Cayman S with Adaptise seats and to my surprise the 911 std comfort seats with power were very comfy and at the same time supportive, less constricting, and held me in my place around turns

I think the std seats with full leather may be better as a DD, any opinions?

3) Full leather in Black- is it worht it with black leather or it is not that apparent?

also what is full leather seat?

4) Gonaa get Red seat belts and rear center console painted black to brighten the interior - what do you guys think?

5) Anyone got 09 ventilated seats? are they effective?
1. I personally like that color.
2. I hear the *** seats have better support. However, I find my seats very comfortable.
3. I personally prefer the full leather treatment, including black interiors. Suggest you look at both interiors, sit in them, smell them, etc. The full leather adds an element of real class and nice finish on the car, even though the standard leather looks fine.
4. I think red or yellow seat belts in a black interior look great.
5. Don't have any experience with ventilated seats.

Good luck. Take your time looking at various options on real cars so you can make a decision that is right for you. Our opinions don't really count.
Old 10-11-2008 | 09:42 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

I have the adaptive sport seats in my Cayman S and have ordered them in my 2009 Carrera S . Yes the standard power seats are very comfortable but not as supportive as the *** and thus my decision. As for full leather, a great choice and we have them in my wife's Cayenne GTS but I chose not to get it as other options ran me up against the price mark I had set. I wanted limited slip, blue tooth, ipod connector and heated seats plus nav and bose in an S. I did get the standard wheels as the BBS RS GT wheels and Mich PS2's that were on my GT3 will go on the Carrera. Each to his or her own you cannot configure this great car and do wrong, and yes for a died in the wool stick driver for over 50 years I ordered PDK and do not think I will regret it. Good luck in your order and enjoy the 911 pleasure..... I will keep the Cayman as it is the street version of my favorite Porsche the 904 take care
Old 10-11-2008 | 09:55 PM
mdrums
Race Director

My suggestions:

Go sit in the seats in person before you buy. Every seat feels different and only you will know if you like them if YOU sit in them.

The vent seats suck air...do not blow air and they do work.

You will not realize the full benefits of PDK without getting sport chrono plus (+).
Old 10-12-2008 | 07:56 AM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

I've had vented seats in my DD(SAAB) for the past 5 years. They work well but even in a humid climate I don't find myself using them more than a handful of times each year. A more important point in my opinion is that the perforated leather does not hold up as well over time. If you'll be flipping it in a few years you should be fine but if it's a keeper I'd pass.
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:32 AM
Michael Russell
Rennlist Member

Seats:

I too had the sport seats in my Cayman S, and contrary to what is posted above, it is not how big your *** is. At least in my case, it is how wide my shoulders are. I always felt very uncomfortable after about an hour in my car, my shoulders feeling like they were being folded together as apposed to supported.

I too went with the power comfort seat. I MUCH prefer the look of the sport seat, and I even wonder if it is not a higher quality leather, (it has much less of a pebble look than the standard seat. Not sure why). Having to spend time in them however is just too uncomfortable for me.

Michael
Old 10-12-2008 | 12:12 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

+1 on the Sport Chrono Plus to get the most out of the PDK transmission.

If you get Full Leather, then get the Leather Rear Center Console. The painted black console will no "brighten" the interior. It will be shiney but will still be dark.
Old 10-12-2008 | 01:50 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Michael Russell
Seats:

I too had the sport seats in my Cayman S, and contrary to what is posted above, it is not how big your *** is. At least in my case, it is how wide my shoulders are. I always felt very uncomfortable after about an hour in my car, my shoulders feeling like they were being folded together as apposed to supported.

Michael

Well just to let you all know I am 6'5" 235lbs (missing 1 full leg but if I had my leg back I'd be around 255lbs) 38" waist and wear a 56 suit cost... big shoulders. The sports seats in my new 09 Carrera S fit me extremely well.
Old 10-12-2008 | 04:13 PM
PeterC4
Advanced

I would opt for Sport Chrono, Limited Slip, Bluetooth and iPod connectivity before full leather. As to adaptive seats, I would go with standard seats if you feel good about them. I would also opt for 19" wheels.

As to colour that's up to you. Can't say I like Meteor Gray. I saw a new 997, Carrera White with the grey interior. Looked good.
Old 10-12-2008 | 06:42 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

As I mentioned above, I have the Adaptive sport seats in my Cayman S and have ordered them in my '09 Carrera S. I'm 5'9" and weigh 160 lbs. 42" chest and 33 " waist. Not bad for a guy 66, Hi. I have several discs missing in my lower back and find that the side bolsters (which are adjustable) support my back and take the stress off my lower back. My wife who is 5'2" and 110 lbs ( and she is proud of) and works hard to maintain it, is not as taken with the sport seats but a cushion in her seat bottom makes it much more comfortable for her. Her main grip was climbing out over the side bolsters in the seat bottom. She is also a good sport and climbs in and out of the passenger seat in the '83 911 SC track car with recaro race seats. To conclude this longish tale try both seats and get the ones you like but don't sell short the power sport seats without trying them. My Carrera S is a December build. I'm sure you also know that 19" wheels are standard on the Carrera S. Enjoy the new Porsche.
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:11 PM
pred8or
Racer

standard seats , red belts , love em
Old 10-12-2008 | 09:36 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pred8or

standard seats , red belts , love em
Really like the floor matts
Old 10-12-2008 | 10:33 PM
saltydawg
Advanced

I was trying to be funny with the *** size for the *** seats comment but Michael Russell is absolutely correct that shoulder size is the most critical. I think for the majority of us the *** seats fit quite well. If you are particularly "pumped up" from a shoulder standpoint, they may not be comfortable. There is no substitute for trying them out. I like the *** seats more and will be ordering the *** seats for my own personal ***.
Old 10-13-2008 | 10:22 AM
casaforte9
Racer

Thanks guys for your feedback

I owned a Cayman S with *** but when i tried the 09 PDK 911 with Std power seats, I liked them very much as they were supportive and still had more wiggle room around the shoulders and very comfy

Also, one can get ventilated seats only with comfort seats

Loved the thick PDK wheel also

now the confusiion ; Exterior: Black VS meteor ; Interior: Black vs sand beige

Quick Reply: Help with options and choices