Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you recall the ,"do you let your wife drive your pcar?" post?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 07:29 AM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I offered to let her drive it once. She declined. I haven't offered again.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Fast40th
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by OCBen
My wife's afraid to drive mine.

And that's just fine by me.
+1
And my wife is very comfortable as a passenger.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:38 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

i used to let my gf drive my 944(yea far removed from a 997) untill she hit her 3000gt into oncoming traffic. kinda threw a flag up, then we broke up. only i and my father(lost his keys) has driven it since. as long as the woman is a person/driver i can trust i have no issue handing them the keys, but any mechanical issues or dings/dents/scrapes they repair...it's like a lease on an appartment.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 PM
penncrew
Intermediate

My wife drives it occassionally. The kids always want to take the porsche. So far no problems, although every car my wife has ever owned has been a manual transmission...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Every car my wife has owned has been driven into the ground like a rental, so my position on this is obviously clear. I love her to death, but she's just not a car person. She's fully aware of my passion for Porsches, so she simply will not drive it, which is perfectly fine with me.

Those of you with the view that "it's just a car" ought to let my wife drive yours for a month. There's a vast difference between using something and abusing it.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:02 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
...Those of you with the view that "it's just a car" ought to let my wife drive yours for a month. There's a vast difference between using something and abusing it.
That's my situation exactly! My wife is a wonderful person but she drives like sh*t. Her 01 BMW 330 convertible has major curb rash on all 4 wheels, paint scuffed off the fenders, a new hood from when she rear-ended someone, and a dent in the back end from when she backed out of the garage and ran into our Expedition in the driveway. Needless to say, SHE DOES NOT DRIVE MY BRAND NEW 911 S!!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default do you let your wife..

I wanted my wife, who is a good driver, (but what do I know?) to try my new 993. She declined.

Now the power seat is stuck full back (what else is new?).

I might have my tech fix it sometime.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rvklein
I see his and her Porsches in our future.
Been there, done that .

Let's back up a bit.

Bought the C4S brand new, brought it home in all it's sparkling Artic Siver glory. Took out the wife for a drive, paying close attention to the "break-in" procedure, later parked it in the garage, and I just stood there looking at it for a while, amazed that I actually bought it. My wife, with a smile, asked "So, when do I get to drive it?". A grizzled veteran of 15 years marriage, I said "Anytime, love of my life. Here's your very own key". She waited until i hit the 2K mile point, then drove it once around town just to prove that she could, and never drove it again. I offered several times to let her drive, and she always demured.

I finally bought her her own, the 987S. Only belatedly have I realized IT WAS ALL A GRAND PLAN .

Quick Reply: Do you recall the ,"do you let your wife drive your pcar?" post?