Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm starting to hate my C2S

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 PM
rfedele
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my first cars was a '93 Miata. In some ways no cars I've owned since have had that fun factor.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Try your hand at a FBL Cayman GTR which has an X51 3.8, Cross coilovers, PCCB's, and a whole lot more. Now THAT car is seriously fun and very alive to drive.

I wonder if they will do one with the new DFI engines.

I did the switch-off of "Please Save Me" and ran flat out on a known road... HOLY CRAP! Serious fun and now with the new RE050A's, just wild. Maybe a bit too much now as I switched it back on as my heart was racing more than the RPM needle!

Time to go and try a few cars to drive around to see which you really like, then try your 997S with and w/o PSM.

Deanski
Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
jjv
Intermediate

I've done dozens of track days, yet I still completely enjoy street-legal (say I even say leisurely) strolls in my 997. For me, the 997 experience is so much more than tossing it around corners and pulling as many G's as I can. For one thing, it's nice not to be strapped by harnesses and having my head in a helmet attached to a HANS device.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:48 PM
MartyB
Racer

Originally Posted by rfedele
One of my first cars was a '93 Miata. In some ways no cars I've owned since have had that fun factor.
You always remember your first fondly. That doesn't mean it is objectively better. There is a clear parallel here that I won't bother to flush out.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

All I have to say is that I love the "P" for potential that my "S" has with it's Revo enhanced ECU no matter what speed or RPM my baby is dancing to.

Jay
Old 08-21-2008, 11:52 PM
rfedele
Racer

Originally Posted by MartyB
You always remember your first fondly. That doesn't mean it is objectively better. There is a clear parallel here that I won't bother to flush out.
correct and correct!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Only having fun with your pcar when you're pushing it, is like only having fun with your girlfriend when you're banging her.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
Only having fun with your pcar when you're pushing it, is like only having fun with your girlfriend when you're banging her.
; OK, nice analogy, but whats more fun .........
Old 08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

That's the only kind of fun I'm ever having with my girlfriend. . . . Just don't tell my wife.

Originally Posted by cello
; OK, nice analogy, but whats more fun .........
Why, waxing down her nice curves of course!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Matias_S
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1Carnut
People often ask me why I drive Porsches, Ferrari's, and now a Lamborghini as well. I say the samething everytime, it is because I get a thrill everytime I start the engine. If you are paying more than 100K for a car, it better move you, make you want to not get out of it. If I ever loose those feelings, I guess I be buying a Lexus.
Well said!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Yeah - I guess that's sort of the final statement on this subject.

Someone posted a thread a while ago observing that the 997 was a great car but questioning whether it had a soul. Personality might have been a better word - but the question is pretty much the same.

I have a friend who ditched his M Roadster in favor of an MG A in an effort to find something less "buttoned-down", possessed of more character and charm.

Guy's nuts - I guess I'll just have to start appreciating my girlfriend and my Porsche in a more wholistic light.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
simplysql
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take it to the mountains - that'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Tail of the Dragon or down here in GA, Blood Mountain - I go up about once a month - and never, ever get bored.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Dirty Evo
Intermediate

that is how I feel about my Evo 8. Something about that car was just so "fun". It was ugly, cheap, noisy,.... but FUN.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:01 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MartyB
I took some heat around here for implying that a 911 could learn a few things from a Miata, like in the weight and balance departments. I've had my '95 for a decade or so now...I can't bear to part with it, and I completely agree that the fun factor is tough to beat. I'd probably be Porsche-less before Miata-less.

Oh, and the women do seem to like the Miata more than my 996.

Quick Reply: I'm starting to hate my C2S