Sponsored by:

Nav-TV iPod connection

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 03:56 PM
marky522
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by larrytrk
6 months ago the Dual FIOS Dension Units may not have been out. My unit was not capable of it!
I was told by the people i called, and by people on here that none of them did. Then i found Mobridge and it did.

Mark
Old 08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

The unit has worked with CDR units for well over a year.

Even the early units were capable, but there were some special instructions for the installation and setup to make it all work, and some sellers did not have or did not supply this information. We had it, we tested it, and it worked fine in a number of early Caymans with CDR24 head units.

All you have to do is email me.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

So just to be clear- the Dension will allow you to keep the CD changer and control the Ipod through a multifunction steering wheel (or the console)?

How does the Dension bluetooth work? Can you use the Porsche phone controls (steering wheel or console)?

Any answers are greatly appreciated!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by George from MD
So just to be clear- the Dension will allow you to keep the CD changer and control the Ipod through a multifunction steering wheel (or the console)?

How does the Dension bluetooth work? Can you use the Porsche phone controls (steering wheel or console)?

Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Yes, keep the cd changer, control iPod through PCM (and MF wheel if you have it). BT works similary, functions with calls through the PCM, mutes all audio sources, and fully functioning bluetooth right on the PCM. Some folks have indicated they can control these functions through the steering wheel as well. Phone buttons on PCM will work as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:39 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leo, I had the NavTv installed for about two months now. Experience a few glitches the first week...No Ipod Found, music stop/skip to new playlist, can't FF or REW. Took it back to the shop and they donwloadd the latest software update and everything fine since. I'm in Annandale so you are more then welcome to come check it out.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leo, I had the NavTv installed for about two months now. Experience a few glitches the first week...No Ipod Found, music stop/skip to new playlist, can't FF or REW. Took it back to the shop and they donwloadd the latest software update and everything fine since. I'm in Annandale so you are more then welcome to come check it out.

Quick Reply: Nav-TV iPod connection