Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To the Dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008 | 06:17 AM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Default To the Dealers...

What are the allocations like (roughly) for the '09 997's? Do typical dealers get one per month? Two? More? And when will the allocations for cars built to order show up?
Old 06-07-2008 | 10:50 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Allocations for each model variant are based upon dealers previous sales and ranking as determined by a PCNA formula.
# of varies by the size of the dealer, they know how many cars each month they will be getting and can tell you.
Dealer can use these for building stock or customer orders.
Old 06-07-2008 | 04:14 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

So, say you're one of the top 25 dealers in the country. Will allocations be on the order of 2-3/month, starting essentially now, or will they trickle in (say, 1 every other month) and not be available for a few months?
Old 06-07-2008 | 04:44 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by Laertes
So, say you're one of the top 25 dealers in the country. Will allocations be on the order of 2-3/month, starting essentially now, or will they trickle in (say, 1 every other month) and not be available for a few months?
Why do you ask?

If you want a MY09 997 I can help you out.
Old 06-07-2008 | 08:22 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Why do you ask?

If you want a MY09 997 I can help you out.

PM Sent....
Old 06-07-2008 | 11:07 PM
nyca
Drifting

Doesn't champion porsche in florida sell some unbeliveably high percentage, for a single dealer, of all porsches sold in the US? Funny, you don't see that many posters here mention them as their dealer.
Old 06-08-2008 | 02:08 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by nyca
Doesn't champion porsche in florida sell some unbeliveably high percentage, for a single dealer, of all porsches sold in the US? Funny, you don't see that many posters here mention them as their dealer.
Largest in the world. They also charge more then anyone else. - But a few posters here have mentioned them.

They don't have to spend time on the forums; apparently they grow money on tree's down there.
Old 06-08-2008 | 10:58 AM
nyca
Drifting

So they have huge sales volume but do not price aggressively?

But they have to be selling a large number of cars outside their immediate location in florida, how do they draw out of state buyers?
Old 06-08-2008 | 11:00 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Depends on relationships. Champion makes deals like any other dealer, and yes, as the world's largest volume dealer, they certainly get their share of walk-ins with wads of cash ready to pay list.

Phenomenal place though.

Best bet for a deal: get your relationship on good footing with either your local/near local dealer, or one of the folks here on the boards (dealer). These are good people here, and often ready to help you.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-08-2008 | 01:42 PM
plz
Advanced

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Champion makes deals like any other dealer, and yes, as the world's largest volume dealer, they certainly get their share of walk-ins with wads of cash ready to pay list.
They told me that they get a fair number of people who will buy a new car every few months or others who buy a new replacement if they get a flat tire etc. on a recently purchased new car. Not sure if these are Tony Montana types or rappers or movie stars or whatever. But apparently tons of $$$ in that area (and west palm beach as well).
Old 06-08-2008 | 02:44 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by nyca
So they have huge sales volume but do not price aggressively?

But they have to be selling a large number of cars outside their immediate location in florida, how do they draw out of state buyers?
Those area's aren't like most of the US. People buy to excess, simply b/c they can.

Like Eric said; it's based on relationships. However, you must understand the "life" in that area. It's similar to Beverly Hills. - Client of mine who has a GT2 coming in was in LA last week. He walked in and after a good amount of time someone finally greeted him. They gave him the typical 'up and down' look and started questioning him. He told me they didn't believe him when he said he's waiting on his GT2. His repsonse: "Okay, I don't."

That client has purchased more then 30 cars from our dealership within 2 years.

Again; it's about demographic.

I know for a fact that they don't stay late at night (past close) working a deal with a client and negotiating over $500 or $1,000 bucks. They don't have to.

Impressive to me is their Racing products and Team. That stuff to me; is really exciting. And for that I tip my hat!

And I'm sure they sell their fair share outside of their market. - We all do.
Old 06-08-2008 | 03:05 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by plz
They told me that they get a fair number of people who will buy a new car every few months or others who buy a new replacement if they get a flat tire etc. on a recently purchased new car. Not sure if these are Tony Montana types or rappers or movie stars or whatever. But apparently tons of $$$ in that area (and west palm beach as well).
You have NO idea. These same 'types' (business people, not movie stars) trade in their million dollar boats every season. It's amazing.
Old 06-08-2008 | 04:06 PM
plz
Advanced

heh heh, I should have added tycoons to my list.
Old 06-08-2008 | 04:09 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Impressive to me is their Racing products and Team. That stuff to me; is really exciting. And for that I tip my hat!

Ditto. We do a good bit of business with Champion Motorsport Division. Amazing group there. If you live in South FL and have a Porsche that needs something 'extra' these are the guys. They are across from the dealer, opposite corner of the interchange.

And Chris (likemystoppie) is frequently here on RL helping others, which is much appreciated. I'd certainly PM him about anything you might want to think through.
Old 06-08-2008 | 04:26 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Ditto. We do a good bit of business with Champion Motorsport Division. Amazing group there. If you live in South FL and have a Porsche that needs something 'extra' these are the guys. They are across from the dealer, opposite corner of the interchange.
The Motorsport guys are great....they have taken care of me on several ocations.

And yes, although I am certainly not a member of the club, there are some stupidly wealthy people down here.

Quick Reply: To the Dealers...