Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NAV-TV Tooki Bluetooth Installation Guide

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the following setup all "playing nicely" together. As Dan mentioned the key is the order in which the devices are in the MOST loop.

PCM -=> Tooki -=> Dension GW500 (ipod) -=> OEM Sirius Sat Radio -=> Nav -=> Bose

As I have a 07' 997 C4S Cab...and there in lies the delema with car BT audio solutions...if you have a coupe then you should be "good" with solution. Ultimately I don't use my car BT setup because of caller frustration with background noise & echo (yes, I have tried moving mic in several areas.) In the end I use my Jawbone "Icon" headset with a custom molded ear piece. With top down radio going, wind blowing caller hear me clearly and I hear them loudly...

I will confess that being a "accessory addict" had I know all this before I probably still would have bought an in car solution...just because...

Jabone Icon:
http://www.jawbone.com/productsIcon

Custom Molded Ear Piece:
http://www.AverySound.com
Old 05-22-2012, 04:20 PM
helispud
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Dan, thanks, for the excellent instructions. I think I'll use them to pull my "bricked" PCM out for repair rather than do 2- 360 miles round trips to the dealer.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:34 PM
LewisB
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice guide. Tooki on my last Porsche sucked. No other word to describe it. The integrated Porsche system on the new one is superb.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Steuart
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Edgy 01,
Great write up. Up till this moment I had thought it was for a boxster - now realise it wasn't. I have just bought the tookipor (2nd hand) and a 2008 RS60 Boxster Spyder. I assume all the electrical stuff is the same, but do you (or anyone) know if the bodywork stuff to remove the PCM unit is the same? (wanted to make sure before I buggered something up on my first Porsche!!)
Thanks
Old 09-17-2017, 09:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Steuart
Hi Edgy 01,
Great write up. Up till this moment I had thought it was for a boxster - now realise it wasn't. I have just bought the tookipor (2nd hand) and a 2008 RS60 Boxster Spyder. I assume all the electrical stuff is the same, but do you (or anyone) know if the bodywork stuff to remove the PCM unit is the same? (wanted to make sure before I buggered something up on my first Porsche!!)
Thanks
Sorry to be so late to see your question, but I suspect parts in the area are the same, virtually.
Old 09-09-2023, 08:12 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 128 Posts

Here’s a pairing addendum:

I recently had my iPhone replaced and it simply would not pair. I went into the fuse box and pulled 10 amp red fuse F09 (which controls the PCM) and then put it back in. The Tooki needed a little push! It then asked for my pairing code and I was then good to go!

Quick Reply: NAV-TV Tooki Bluetooth Installation Guide