Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arrogance levels - Dealership salespeople. This seems unique to Porsche.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:11 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barney55
Don't worry guys the VW scandal will knock them down a peg or two.

I expect tumbleweeds to be blowing through their showrooms in the next few years.

Gotta laugh at the VW directors being trotted out all over the world for
the obligatory "I apologize sincerely and unreservedly" Bull@hit

More like "We apologize sincerely and unreservedly"....for getting caught !

It's hard to imagine if VW and maybe Porsche in their current form will even survive the billions of fines coming.

Mind you for true arrogance try a ferrari stealership they look at you as if you've dragged some you-know-what in on your shoes,and think they are
doing you a favour by letting you drop 300k on one of their cars.
I agree on the Ferrari exp. lol Next time I go look at one and they act like that I will ride their *** and ask them why being a car sales person give them such a god complex. At that point now where I don't care how it makes them feel! lol
Old 10-14-2015, 11:17 AM
Yet anothercrisis
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Funny. At the dealership where I purchased my 2012 C2S off the showroom floor, the salesman was really nice and worked with me. I showed up in work clothes but he didn't seem to mind. I bought the car after some dealing but upon my first visit to the service department, I found the arrogance. The service manager couldn't be bothered by my questions and concerns. I had questions about installing the Sport software and the PSE. I eventually went to another Porsche dealer and have stayed with them for all my service ever since. I won't go back to the selling dealer again. Oh, and to top it off, when I called back the next month after purchasing my car, I found that my salesman had been fired. I guess he didn't fit the mold.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:27 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is over 7 years old......
Old 10-15-2015, 05:06 AM
barney55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moaning is timeless.......
Old 10-15-2015, 03:06 PM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
FWIW - most dealers have a policy about not issuing a quote via email. The reason is that they believe it will be used as leverage at another dealer. If you are serious, invest in a phone call.

Mike Batt - I bet I know which dealer gave you the poor treatment
I'm originally from Montreal. Bet I know which one also.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:24 PM
seafarer
Intermediate

Default Disintrerested sales people - Porsche

I bought my first porsche a Cayenne S 2015 last year, liked the vehicle immensely. This year wanted to get the Macan also and sent an email to dealer but got just cryptic email saying the particular vehicle i was looking for was already sold, that's it, no follow up. I thought maybe next day will get a call/email suggesting something to look at or test drive. Nothing. This is when I bought the Cayenne it was a swift transaction no lengthy negotiations.

Perhaps if I was a hockey player in Ottawa it would have been different. Poorer people should not be allowed to own Porsches??

Went straight to Lexus dealership, half the car(Rx 350 , 2016) compared to the Cayenne S but double the sales charm; did not even negotiate anything just paid what they asked for.

Perhaps the vehicles sell themselves hence Porsche does not care.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:06 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

the interior and drive on the 2016 rx350 is pretty awesome imo.

Originally Posted by seafarer
I bought my first porsche a Cayenne S 2015 last year, liked the vehicle immensely. This year wanted to get the Macan also and sent an email to dealer but got just cryptic email saying the particular vehicle i was looking for was already sold, that's it, no follow up. I thought maybe next day will get a call/email suggesting something to look at or test drive. Nothing. This is when I bought the Cayenne it was a swift transaction no lengthy negotiations.

Perhaps if I was a hockey player in Ottawa it would have been different. Poorer people should not be allowed to own Porsches??

Went straight to Lexus dealership, half the car(Rx 350 , 2016) compared to the Cayenne S but double the sales charm; did not even negotiate anything just paid what they asked for.

Old 03-02-2016, 02:52 PM
seafarer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by myw
the interior and drive on the 2016 rx350 is pretty awesome imo.

Yes the interior of RX 350 is well put together.Even then.....
I have the 10 way seat adjustment but still hit my knees on the sides. I am 6'1".
I got the Noble Brown interior, looks fabulous. Mostly for my wife to drive this.

I just am shamelessly smitten with the Cayenne. Would find it hard to fit myself into a real Porsche so have to live with the Cayenne
Old 03-03-2016, 01:03 AM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by seafarer

Lexus has great service. I remember when I was 16, my father wanted to check out the LS400. I drove to the Lexus dealership with my crappy 1981 Toyota Corolla to check it out first. The sales guy came out, shook my hands, asked me what I would like to drink, took me to the snack area and asked me what I would like to test drive. It was an awesome experience, it's just too bad Lexus doesn't make any exciting cars.

On the opposite spectrum, I walked into a Porsche dealership in my mid 30's, I'm 40 now but people thinks I'm in my mid 20's. Driving my Mercedes, walked in, looked around, not a single salesmen asked or acknowledge me. Looked around a bit and left. Thought maybe they think I'm too young to afford a Porsche but my uncle got the same treatment. Walked in, no acknowledgement, thought it was the way he dressed, so he went again, dressed up and still nothing. He went a brought a MB S65 AMG instead. I've noticed they have gotten better or maybe they know I have two Porsches now.

Quick Reply: Arrogance levels - Dealership salespeople. This seems unique to Porsche.