Hesitation – jerking while cruising.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Where is your sense of adventure, Dave?
Do you think anyone has taken the time to hard wire that thing in?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:04 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Do you think anyone has taken the time to hard wire that thing in?
Whoever buys my car is in for a huge surprise...
Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

OK, I can't hold back any longer. Whoever started this thread needs to think more about the composition of their thread titles. Every time i see this one get bumped to the top I think WTF is this doing here? Jerking while cruising, jerking and bucking.
Oh oh, I'm sure this will get Coochas and others going waaaay off topic.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:43 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I'll see if I can get this thread back on topic - Just turned 12,000 miles about 2 weeks ago and experienced the dreaded “hesitation” for the first time. I had fueled up the night before and chalked it up to bad fuel.

The “hesitation” (notice I'm not mentioning "Jerking") stopped after about 30 min of driving (no electrical devices involved). I refueled and haven't had it happen since.

Just in case it was bad gas, or the low 91 octane here in CA, I stopped by a gas station which sells 100 octane and filled up.

I think my car like the 100,but it won't see much of it at the price. It's back to the 91. I could get 93 everywhere else I've ever lived, but no here.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
There's something wrong with the idea of sticking my d*ck in something hooked up to the ciggy lighter. Call me crazy but no thanks.

Considering the design specs of the device, hardly a matter of choice for you no matter how you feel about it.

http://coochas.com/pics/balloons.jpg
Old 04-07-2008, 04:36 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only time I had it was on a hard launch at a stop light over a year ago - and boy I thought at the time it was a problem with the clutch not engaging....

BTW - with the correct female passenger - one doesn't need that crazy electrical device...
Old 04-07-2008, 06:22 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my 07 997S for a year and about 7K miles on it. Interestingly, there was only one incident that the car hesitated...

... I only used the same local Chevron gas station (91 octane in CA here) to fill up my car, and there was no hesitation ever...

... And then, there was one time that I somehow tried to fill up my car in another Chevron gas station about a few miles away from home (same 91 octane in CA here). The next morning when I started the car, it hesitated and I needed to step on the gas a few seconds to stablize it. And then, the day after when I was driving in town, the car hesitated again, I kept the rpm high for a few seconds to stablize it...

... I quickly switched back to my usual local Chevron gas station, and the hesitation has not been happened again after.

I don't know if it means anything to our troubleshooting at all, just want to share my experience

With best regards,
- Alex, 07 997S
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by keninirvine
OK, I can't hold back any longer. Whoever started this thread needs to think more about the composition of their thread titles. Every time i see this one get bumped to the top I think WTF is this doing here? Jerking while cruising, jerking and bucking.
Oh oh, I'm sure this will get Coochas and others going waaaay off topic.

My 997 has a problem with gyrating and thrusting when driving on certain back roads.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I hear OCBen has a problem with jerking while cruising.
How do you mean that, Ian?
Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Considering the design specs of the device, hardly a matter of choice for you no matter how you feel about it.

http://coochas.com/pics/balloons.jpg
Ha ha.
You are correct in that the device will not work with my jacking points.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:30 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

I have experienced the same problem one time and it resolved.

The rest of the thread is so funny.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
clif
Advanced

after my wife read the posts over my shoulder, after i was convulsed with laughter, i think she is afraid to get in the car again, particularly after she saw the aforementioned device. said something about "no lipstick on the dipstick." i said "don't worry it only has an electronic dipstick"
Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OCBen
How do you mean that, Ian?
I'm just saying that you may or may not enjoy flogging your Porsche when nobody else is looking.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Azurro_California_911
Instructor

Update:

I talked to the dealer this morning. The service advisor told me the service tech did experience the problem this morning and was able to upload diagnostic information that they were sending to Porsche in Atlanta. He said that PCNA had opened a technical service file (what ever that is), and that they would be looking for direction from PCNA on fixing the problem.

Will post when I hear more.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Azurro_California_911
Update:

I talked to the dealer this morning. The service advisor told me the service tech did experience the problem this morning and was able to upload diagnostic information that they were sending to Porsche in Atlanta. He said that PCNA had opened a technical service file (what ever that is), and that they would be looking for direction from PCNA on fixing the problem.

Will post when I hear more.
Thanks for the update,--perhaps we'll get a bonafide TSB on resolving this once and for all.

I find it extremely hard to believe that no one from Zuffenhausen EVER experienced this situation prior to releasing the 997 for sale. They really run them through their paces.

Quick Reply: Hesitation – jerking while cruising.