Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem (RESOLVED!!) with Hennessey Porsche - Thank you Hennessey!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:26 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Problem (RESOLVED!!) with Hennessey Porsche - Thank you Hennessey!!!

Darn it.
Up until now, I would have recommended Hennessey. I bought a new 2006 C2 from them. Flew to Atlanta(first class, which I never do, but my wife and I were making the whole experience a special one to remember), drove the car home--sort of a small, southern fried version of European Delivery. I enjoy reading the manuals of gadgety toys I get, and so, I read all the manuals that came with the new car. I didn't see much written about the PCM or the stereo, but being an industrious fellow, I figured it all out: and, being a trusting fellow, I figured my NEW car came with all the manuals it was supposed to come with.
Two days ago, I accidently hit the AUTOSTORE button on the stereo, and all my pre-set radio stations changed. I looked in my owner's manual to see how to reset the stations--nothing there.
I called Hennessey to see if maybe I am missing a manual for the stereo. I was informed that, yes, there is a manual for the stereo, and also one for the PCM. I'm missing two manuals. I tell them I'd like my manuals.
Hennessey says they'll check and call back.
Hennessey does not call back.
I call them back, they tell me "sorry, don't have those books laying around, nothing we can do. You could try looking on e-bay."
I expected more, something along the lines of, sorry, our mistake, we'll get you the current manuals, the PCM and stereo haven't changed. After all, sir, YOU DID PAY FOR THEM WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE NEW 997 FROM US.
As for the delay, how was I supposed to know I was missing something. I never had it, so I didn't know anything was missing.
Might not be as big a deal as somebody scraping my car up while it was in their shop, but...it's just disappointing. Thought I had a place I wanted to return to when the new model comes out.
Darn it.

JIM
Old 02-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could understand your frustration if you had called a week or two after buying the car, or even a couple of months, and asked for the missing manuals. But how long has it been since you bought the car---somewhere around two years, right?---and you're just now noticing the manuals are missing and bringing it to their attention. From their perspective, the manuals couldn't mean that much to you if it took you around two years to notice they were missing.

From a customer relations standpoint, maybe they should have offered you new manuals. But it's not like they have extra manuals laying around. Or maybe they think you just lost your manuals, and you're trying to get them replaced free of charge. I don't know. But blasting a dealership for manuals that have been missing for two years just seems like a bit of overkill.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who was your sales person? I have no ties to Hennessy, but I live in the area and I have been there enough times that I have met most of the sales staff.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If it's been 2 years since you took delivery, I think your expectations might be a bit high but I would also say that it's a bit silly of a dealer selling an expensive, premium car like this to get penny smart/pound foolish. Sometimes stepping up and exceeding customer expectations is worth a lot more than simply doing the bare minimum.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueJay73
Darn it.
Up until now, I would have recommended Hennessey. I bought a new 2006 C2 from them. Flew to Atlanta(first class, which I never do, but my wife and I were making the whole experience a special one to remember), drove the car home--sort of a small, southern fried version of European Delivery. I enjoy reading the manuals of gadgety toys I get, and so, I read all the manuals that came with the new car. I didn't see much written about the PCM or the stereo, but being an industrious fellow, I figured it all out: and, being a trusting fellow, I figured my NEW car came with all the manuals it was supposed to come with.
Two days ago, I accidently hit the AUTOSTORE button on the stereo, and all my pre-set radio stations changed. I looked in my owner's manual to see how to reset the stations--nothing there.
I called Hennessey to see if maybe I am missing a manual for the stereo. I was informed that, yes, there is a manual for the stereo, and also one for the PCM. I'm missing two manuals. I tell them I'd like my manuals.
I call them back, they tell me "sorry, don't have those books laying around, nothing we can do. You could try looking on e-bay."
I expected more, something along the lines of, sorry, our mistake, we'll get you the current manuals, the PCM and stereo haven't changed. After all, sir, YOU DID PAY FOR THEM WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE NEW 997 FROM US.
As for the delay, how was I supposed to know I was missing something. I never had it, so I didn't know anything was missing.
Might not be as big a deal as somebody scraping my car up while it was in their shop, but...it's just disappointing. Thought I had a place I wanted to return to when the new model comes out.
Darn it.

JIM
I know many people forego this but during delivery isn't there a very detailed checklist that the dealer is supposed to go through with the buyer and if I remember correctly, manuals, extra keys, etc. are part of the checklist...and when PCA sends out their new buyer survey this is one of the items that's asked - "did the dealer do everything" - obviously someone missed this checklist item. Eighteen months is a lot of time gone past - if it had been caught earlier they probably could have found another set of 2006 books for you...or at least found the ones that should have been with your other books.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't "blast" the dealership. I simply recounted what happened. I said I was disappointed and expected a simple fix for a simple problem.
As far as the time lapse, that's what I tried to explain in the post. If you have something and it goes missing, well then you KNOW you're missing it. It's difficult to know that you were missing something when you never knew of its existence in the first place.
Yeah... they're just manuals.
p.s,--My salesman? Funny. He's the guy I've seen on TV (nationally) in some business credit card commercial. He and his wife started their own business ("Pinkberry" or something), and he left Hennessey.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:26 PM
lthatch
Racer

I would write a letter to the General Manager at Hennessey, copy PCNA Customer Relations, be extremely gracious, acknowledge my tardiness, and ask that it be made right.
If you get no response, I would buy the needed manuals on ebay, share my disappointment with anyone who asked, have an especially good time driving my car, and chalk it up.
If Hennessey or PCNA step up and do the right thing, I would share my satisfaction with anyone who asked and have an especially good time driving my car.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

I would suspect you can call 1-800-PORSCHE and get these manuals sent to you as well.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Ditto on the suggestion to go through PCNA. You can actually send a note to their customer service via the website. From experience they are very responsive and seem to appreciate people like us who love cars and are willing to part with hard earned cash to get them.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:20 AM
CBnAT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought my car there and couldn't be happier with them. Monday I will send you a PM with contacts for the GM and my sales guy. I doubt they want this kind of reputation floating around the message boards.

FWIW I have a PCM booklet that is 420 pages (multiple languages) and a Quick PCM book that is 14 pages (multiple languages). Neither lists a way to undo the auto store other than to manually re-enter the stations you want to store.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

New Car. They owe you manuals. Period. Sorry they're putting a kink in the experience..........
Old 02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
New Car. They owe you manuals. Period. Sorry they're putting a kink in the experience..........

As someone "in the know" can you offer any suggestions as to what may actually help? Will a call or letter to PCNA do any good?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:45 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Eric's suggestion is a good one - just call Porsche NA (1-800-PORSCHE), explain the situation and get the manuals. Shouldn't be much of a problem. I understand your disappointment with the experience - no one likes when a dealership is dismissive, which Hennessey was in this case.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by jnx
As someone "in the know" can you offer any suggestions as to what may actually help? Will a call or letter to PCNA do any good?
Going to PCNA is rediculous!

GO TO THE GM/OWNER!!

I pm'd the original poster to give me the sales person's name so I can call myself and get it rectified.

I'd use PCNA as a last resort.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueJay73
Darn it.
Darn it.

JIM

This IS a brand NEW car, or is it NEW to you? Er both?

Quick Reply: Problem (RESOLVED!!) with Hennessey Porsche - Thank you Hennessey!!!