Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem (RESOLVED!!) with Hennessey Porsche - Thank you Hennessey!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:28 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The parts dept can get one for you...
PCM manual P/N:
WKD 951 024 07
Old 02-23-2008, 01:47 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Chris -

As I'm reading his posts, he bought the car new nearly two years ago. He didn't realize he was missing anything, because he never had it (kind of my sense of humor ).
Old 02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?
Going to PCNA is rediculous!

GO TO THE GM/OWNER!!

I pm'd the original poster to give me the sales person's name so I can call myself and get it rectified.

I'd use PCNA as a last resort.
You are a true hero. That's nice of you to help out.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:00 AM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys,
Thanks for the offers of help in the PM's I've received.
And thanks for the good suggestions in the posts--I am going to call 1-800-PORSCHE, and see if they can supply me my two missing manuals.
And, on the bright side, I'll get a new, exciting experience from a different part of the country next time I buy--North Olmstead seems to get good reviews here.
And I DO enjoy driving the car, no matter what! Just installed a smaller diameter (340mm), really thick, chunky FVD steering wheel. (FVD goofed a little too, but scrambled like mad to get me the right instruction sheet and the right wiring harness, and were profusely apologetic, and were great to deal with.)This mod I can enjoy every second I'm driving.

See...I've calmed down now.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:18 PM
aircoolr
2nd Gear

Default Problem with Hennessy Porsche (help on the way)

My name is Scott Lewis, I have been selling with Hennessy for just over 3 years and selling Porsche almost 10 years. Please contact me to resolve this issue. I am a new member to Rennlist "aircoolr" and own a 1983 SC...

Scott Lewis cell 404.886.7529 store 770.643.6100
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by aircoolr
My name is Scott Lewis, I have been selling with Hennessy for just over 3 years and selling Porsche almost 10 years. Please contact me to resolve this issue. I am a new member to Rennlist "aircoolr" and own a 1983 SC...

Good man Scott!

Originally Posted by jnx
You are a true hero. That's nice of you to help out.
Just doing my part of the community here at Rennworld! lol
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueJay73
Guys,
Thanks for the offers of help in the PM's I've received.
And thanks for the good suggestions in the posts--I am going to call 1-800-PORSCHE, and see if they can supply me my two missing manuals.
And, on the bright side, I'll get a new, exciting experience from a different part of the country next time I buy--North Olmstead seems to get good reviews here.
And I DO enjoy driving the car, no matter what! Just installed a smaller diameter (340mm), really thick, chunky FVD steering wheel. (FVD goofed a little too, but scrambled like mad to get me the right instruction sheet and the right wiring harness, and were profusely apologetic, and were great to deal with.)This mod I can enjoy every second I'm driving.

See...I've calmed down now.
I'll keep an eye out for ya! - And thank you very much for the compliment!

Ps. -post pics of the new wheel! We ALL wanna see it!
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah, so it was your car I saw in the parking lot when I was window shopping at Hennessy a few weekends back. I was the guy in the black 993 C2S.

Your team over there has always been great to me, even though I haven't spent a dime with Hennessy.

Thanks for stepping up and helping one of our brethren here on RL.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

yeah if you had caught it earlier then it could have been rectified. Sadly, really, they have no way of knowing. Working in retail sales, I've seen things like this happen before, but if we don't have the manuals, well, we just don't have them. Sometimes not everything can be ordered.

It should also be noted that when you're talking to a receptionist, they may not care as much. It's not really in their description to go looking through their inventory for old books. What she did was take a message, write it down, and drop it off to one of the parts guys, or worse yet, a sales guy. Most likely, they spent maybe ten or fifteen minutes looking for them, and couldn't find them. They probably reported this back to the receptionist and asked her to call you back, and most likely, she meant to - then got another call, stuff stacked on top of her reminder, etc... It happens.
And I know when I was a salesperson and I was trying to sell stuff, being on commission, I would tell customer service reps who asked me questions about stuff like that to tell the customer to look on eBay or something. Aggravating this fact is that most likely, the message wasn't relayed properly and they took it as you having lost it and expecting new ones free of charge.
Talk to someone a little more in charge, and be polite (not insinuating you weren't) and ask them to please take a look. Or talk to 1800PORSCHE, etc...

Just a little bit of rationalization from someone who used to be on the other side. Not everyone is perfect!

I would recommend that you see if there's a version of the manual online somewhere - I would imagine there is.

Best of luck, either way.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

This is awesome! Great work Scott!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

I bought my car from Andrew Scherrer at Hennessy and the service I got from them was nothing short of exceptional. Thereafter they have continued to exceed my expectations and I really could not understand why BlueJay did not get satisfaction from them.

I will be buying my next Porsche from Hennessy ... nothing but positive things about them.

BTW, I have NO affiliation with them of any sort other than that of being a satisfied customer.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:54 AM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

----Update----

Hennessey has graciously offered to do whatever they can to rectify the problem.
Apparently there was a misunderstanding.
As I said before in my posts, up until this misunderstanding, I was very happy with them and would recommend them. Maybe we caught each other on a bad day.
It's all good, and THANK YOU HENNESSEY.

JIM
Old 02-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm going to assume that you are on your first Porsche. Thus, the fact that you didn't know what you were missing. It's perfectly normal. Unfortunately, the dealership let you down. One reason I highly recommend the European Delivery route if you have the time to swing it is because the Porsche Customer Center does what it takes to make the customer happy. They walk you over to the car, and will spend whatever time it takes to get you oriented to your new car. They will go over how to check the oil, how to program a destination (if you have navigation) and so forth. When I picked up mine in June 06 at Zuffenhausen, I actually had them remove the hardtop and then reinstall it again so that I knew how that all worked. (I don't think they were happy having to do all that). But I did it so that I knew all I could about the vehicle. THEY OWE IT TO YOU, as a customer. I suspect many American-based dealerships figure that once they get your check they are eager to get you out the door and then they move on to finding the next customer. That's patently wrong.

I'm glad to hear that Scott has taken the correct approach to rectifying the situation. Whoever told you to go to eBay has no clue,--and is probably shortlived for that business anyway. They don't know the first thing about dealing with high end customers. Welcome to the club!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I just purchased my CT from Scott at Hennessy and could not be happier. The entire staff at Hennessy was more than accommodating and truly went above and beyond. I would highly recommend buying a car through Scott and will buy my next car through him as well---he is a stand up guy.
Mike
Old 02-26-2008, 02:57 PM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

Now, I'm in a position where I'm going to defend Hennessey.
Maybe I need not defend them, but I will.
Now that I've cooled off, I can see that they didn't know I was missing the manuals either (at the time of purchase), or they would have procured them for me.
When I found out 1year and 4 months later, I guess it caught us both of guard.
They are very graciously rectifying the omission.
After the initial misunderstanding, they are being wonderful to work with.
There was a small problem, a misunderstanding, they're very nicely fixing it, it's over...I'm happy with them.
I definitely would recommend them. They have a fabulous facility over there.
If I could, I'd leave the positive aspects of this thread on the forum, and delete any negative ones.

JIM

Quick Reply: Problem (RESOLVED!!) with Hennessey Porsche - Thank you Hennessey!!!