Sponsored by:

Beautiful Saturday Morning Pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:42 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Beautiful Saturday Morning Pics

Other than having sexx with your neighbors hot wife (er..I mean your own wife...), nothing beats a freshly washed p-car on a sunny saturday morning. Need to armor all those tires and drive it now to get rid of the rust...however, man o man, I love this car!!

Last edited by cole328; 09-21-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:11 AM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice pics you lucky Floridan (you DON'T sound that old ); Is that a police cruiser across the street? You better hope it is not HIS wife you speak of

On a serious note I hear watch that Armour All as it drys out rubber - maybe one of the detail guys can chime in. I use a dedicated tire shine whose name escapes me now.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:19 AM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never use Armor All on rubber - it contains silicone which destroys rubber. Go to Autopia.org and mention that you use Armor All on your tires and you'll be eaten alive.

And please tell us you didn't wash your car in the sun!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:12 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

wow...how they can sell a product for tires that DESTROYS tires?...anyway, any advice on the best product to use for shiny, damage free tires?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Cole....Im turning you in! Drought regulations and all that ****. I wash mine at night hiding like a rat.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:17 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

ha Pat The paper said that car washing was okay, provided that you used a hose with a auto shut off sprayer Plus, I used optimum no rinse and 2 buckets of water...that stuff works like magic! Plus, ur car is white...always clean mine gets dirty sitting in the garage....:-)
Old 02-16-2008, 03:10 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by cole328
wow...how they can sell a product for tires that DESTROYS tires?...anyway, any advice on the best product to use for shiny, damage free tires?
I like this stuff: http://www.autogeek.net/mehotshtisp.html

Aerosol bottle with adjustable nozzle. Easy to use and doesn't sling off on the car. Wal Mart's got it for about $5.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I like this stuff: http://www.autogeek.net/mehotshtisp.html

Aerosol bottle with adjustable nozzle. Easy to use and doesn't sling off on the car. Wal Mart's got it for about $5.
I prefer the tire cleaners that don't put a phony shine on the tire. Makes them look too much like they just came off a used car lot. Armor All may have a non-silicone product for tires, but also beware of any petroleum based product, which tends to attract dirt.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Stoner's More Shine Less Time for Tires
Stoner's Invisible Glass

Two of the best products I've ever used.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a name like "Stoners" - how could one go wrong?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:11 PM
adfsouth
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My choice.......

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...oduct_Count=18

Btw, Car looks great!!

Last edited by adfsouth; 02-17-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:17 PM
b911s
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911Dave
Never use Armor All on rubber - it contains silicone which destroys rubber. Go to Autopia.org and mention that you use Armor All on your tires and you'll be eaten alive.

And please tell us you didn't wash your car in the sun!
Give me break! 1st of all, how many miles do you put on your car per year 500? And i also guess that you are keeping it for 20 years before replacing the tires? The tires on these cars are toast in 10-15k miles and anyone who actually drives their car will be in a new set of tires before Armor All or any silicone tire dressing will "destroy" the rubber of the tires. I have used a ton of tire shine products, with and without silicone and have owed countless cars since i was 16 and guess what, I never had a set of tires destroyed by silicone tire dressing. I challange you to find a case against Armor All that they had to buy new tires for someone because of this. Do you also know that Armor All Tire Dressing is the #1 product used in Professional Car Washes across the country? Probobly didnt I'm guessing. If I had a million dollar collector car that was going to sit in a museum and wanted to really preserve the tires then yes I might chose a different product without silicone. But for my car that I am going to drive as much as I can because I love it, no. Believe me, your tires are exposed to way more damaging chemicals on the road every day than to worry about this.

I actually use the Armor All Tire Wipes sometimes when I dont feel like getting the tire shine sponge out or have to go around and wipe off all the overspray. There are alot of great products out there that are available and Stoner which is mentioned is a good one, as well as Griot's Tire dressing and alot of others. Bottom line is dont become that **** about tire dressing, use what you have and is convenient to purchase and get out and wear those tires out!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by b911s
Give me break! 1st of all, how many miles do you put on your car per year 500? And i also guess that you are keeping it for 20 years before replacing the tires? The tires on these cars are toast in 10-15k miles and anyone who actually drives their car will be in a new set of tires before Armor All or any silicone tire dressing will "destroy" the rubber of the tires. I have used a ton of tire shine products, with and without silicone and have owed countless cars since i was 16 and guess what, I never had a set of tires destroyed by silicone tire dressing. I challange you to find a case against Armor All that they had to buy new tires for someone because of this. Do you also know that Armor All Tire Dressing is the #1 product used in Professional Car Washes across the country? Probobly didnt I'm guessing. If I had a million dollar collector car that was going to sit in a museum and wanted to really preserve the tires then yes I might chose a different product without silicone. But for my car that I am going to drive as much as I can because I love it, no. Believe me, your tires are exposed to way more damaging chemicals on the road every day than to worry about this.

I actually use the Armor All Tire Wipes sometimes when I dont feel like getting the tire shine sponge out or have to go around and wipe off all the overspray. There are alot of great products out there that are available and Stoner which is mentioned is a good one, as well as Griot's Tire dressing and alot of others. Bottom line is dont become that **** about tire dressing, use what you have and is convenient to purchase and get out and wear those tires out!
Jesus, are you an Armor All employee? Or do you just drink it in your coffee every morning?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I have used Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel for the last 3 years and I really like it. Keeps the tires dark, with a soft sheen rather than a glossy look. It does not take much gel per application, because after 3 years I am still working with the first bottle. Here is a link to the product description:

Wolfgang Tire Gel
Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 AM
b911s
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Jesus, are you an Armor All employee? Or do you just drink it in your coffee every morning?
Thats a good one Mr Bonus. No, I'm not an armor all employee and maybe the white stuff I put in my coffee is armor all, hum, I though that was creamer.

Maybe I did go off just a little, but come on. These kind of comments really **** me off, as you can tell. Cole just washed his car and was all happy and instead of just telling him his car looked good he just blasted him for saying Armor All or using a product with silicone on the tires. There is a way to give advice but not you would get "Eatin Alive" if you said that on some other forum. Well this isnt that other forum, this is Rennlist, a site for enthusiasts to share knowledge and enjoy the car we all love; Porsche. If your going to blast someone for something at least start with a compliment and then offer some advice with some follow up. Not just blast the person and leaving him hangin in the wind.

BTW, love your avitar Mr Bonus and Cole your car looks great!

Quick Reply: Beautiful Saturday Morning Pics