Sponsored by:

Driving Style Commentary

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:00 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Driving Style Commentary

Now that my car has finally passed the glorious "2,500" mile mark...I find that I am REALLY loving it. That, and finding that my right foot is constantly buried in the gas pedal, and my right hand is hesitant to take 'er out of 3rd gear. While driving around town, I am simply in love with the ridiculous torque that exists in this gear, and in that 4-6K range...especially when I am passing some dufus in a minivan, or someone in the left lane with their blinker perpetually on, etc. In short, when this amazing motor is at 4,500 rpm in 2nd, and I mash that pedal and slap it into 3rd (the SSK is just too sweet), that motor growls like a mo fo...Not only is it intoxicating as the driver, but I hope that the growl startles the guy in the minivan next to me.... Plus, my son in the back really giggles...(is there anything better than that?

Anyone else tend to drive this way?, or am I suffering from first p-car itis?....If so, I sure hope there is no cure...... I always drive safely, but this car is one special machine that really begs to have each gear wound out, each and every shift....we are one lucky bunch.

Scott
Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
911Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cole328
Anyone else tend to drive this way?
I rarely drive any other way. I can't help it. Other drivers hate me. They honk and shake their fists at me all the time.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

+1 great point I neglected the mention the same thing.....
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Jim W
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like great fun. I bet that's one reason you bought it. Enjoy.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

As most will tell you: Drive it like you stole it!.

After my "break-in" period, I had the oil and filter dropped and changed just for my sake.

I had and still have the same feeling. It's such a rush to get in, turn the key and warm it up untill all fluids are up, then winding the engine out with the PSE on sport, PASM on normal and NO RADIO ON, windows down. Ah the sweet music of a flat six!

I get every rice'd out car chasing me. It's like the car is a magnet for these damn rice cars with bad aerodynamics and really bad exhaust systems trying to sound somewhat remotely to their ears what a Porsche sounds like or other exotic. I know having the Aerokit is just asking for trouble.

I remember one next to me with a girl in the car. After she spotted my car next to theirs and hearing what my C2S sounds like the ear-to ear grin from her and the stare was priceless. Better still, I was at the gas station and guess who's car shows up? Girl gets out and she could not keep her eyes off the car. As I went in to get something to drink (Red Bull- what else) she went in and said "Nice car, REALLY nice car" which I replied thank you. She went her way, I went my way.

I just can't wait for the warm weather to be here! Soon, very soon...

Deanski
Old 02-15-2008, 11:48 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Deanski...that was nice...almost like soft **** baby......u da man
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

You didn't buy it for the mileage. Gas won't get much cheaper than it is today.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:17 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by cole328
that motor growls like a mo fo...Not only is it intoxicating as the driver, but I hope that the growl startles the guy in the minivan next to me.... Plus, my son in the back really giggles...(is there anything better than that?
And you have stock mufflers......correct? Can't imagine what you'd write doing the same thing with a set of Tubis mounted. Just telling you......it's dramatic. Maybe enough so where you should leave junior at home for the test run.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:37 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Sand - I 100% agree with you...however, knowing my already somewhat obnoxious driving style,and given that the car is a DD, I was hesitant to swap mufflers for fear that Johnny Law would really come calling on my tail...at least now, I'm somewhat stealth (if you can be stealth doing 85 in a 45)....
Old 02-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

If I had only stock as opposed to the PSE I ordered with the car, I'd have the TUBI installed in a heatbeat.

Go to YouTube for soundtracks of TUBI's on say a Champion MS "F77" C2S.

Deanski
Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Lets see; so far we have ..... "right foot is constantly buried"; "the growl startles the guy in the minivan next to me"; "Other drivers hate me"; "They honk and shake their fists at me all the time"; "Red Bull - what else"; "like soft **** baby"; "You didn't buy it for the mileage"; "my already somewhat obnoxious driving style". I hope the politically correct set does not get their panties in a bunch here
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Let me know when you are ready for your tubi test run cole.....
Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Pat - how about one day this weeK? I am flex most days I figured you were simply up to your butt with work......Since you;re doing me the favor, I'll work around your schedule

Quick Reply: Driving Style Commentary