Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My current "final" C4S order

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:42 PM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

Sounds like a very sexy car. I love all the leather options. Expensive, but they'll really add a tactile and visual feeling of quality.

As you're asking, here's my $0.02: I ordered the Aluminum foot rest, and it's the biggest waste of money ever - even by Porsche standards. It's got no aluminum on it to speak of, so it's beyond me how they can market it as such. Save the few hundred they charge and for that you could get some real, after-market pedals that are actually really made with real aluminum!

The 6-disc CD thingy? CDs are going the way of the dinosaur at a rapid clip. I don't know how expensive an option this is, but my 993 coupe has a cassette holder in it that was already out-dated when I bought it as a 2 year old car. The in-car CD player is headed there, if not there already.

I'm not a tip guy, but to each his own.

No sport exhaust? I can't drive without it...believe me, I tried.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
I used to ride.....even after a car hit me.
Really??? What were the circumstances?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey, Steve ..

I guess since you are posting ... you are expecting some opinions.

I have some.

And, here's my take. Of course it's just my opinion, you can build/buy/lease what you want.

Black P-cars are pretty common, I would choose a different .... and more user friendly ... color. But, that said, a well maintained and cleaned BLK Porsche is terrific. I would not keep one long. Again, just my opinion.

Black cars need black full leather interiors, IMO. I'm not a sport seat kinda guy. The standard seats suit me fine. I can only drive 55-90 on the Super Slab. Adaptive sport seats are for skinny dudes doing some sort of motoX, tracking or .... whatever. No function in the real world of commuting to work or taking the SigOh out for lunch on Sunday.

I never listen to CDs in my car.

Tip? I have had a bunch of Porsches and other sports cars. Only my trucks have automatic tranny's. I guess if my wife needed to drive .... well, I'd buy her a Merc.

Adaptive sports seats? I discussed this above, but what's with the heated deal? Dallas? Leave the car in the garage. P-cars warm up FAST!

All this "leather stuff" on the back of the sport seats, the console, the yada, yada, yada ... is a waste of money IMO. I'd just do standard seats with full leather (altho, that is prolly another waste of dough) and save the money. Just me.

The rest ... well, it's what you want to dial in.

Steve .... I don't want you to think I'm just dissin' you man. All builds are personal. Mine was, your's is ... and the next one will be as well. Build what pleases you, m'friend. You're the one driving the car.

I do favor model delete, tho.

Cheers.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to "Dream Builders" - the club that's a meeting minds that know no limits to their imagination. We dream. We configure. We build.

Enjoy the experience, whatever you create the "Dream Builders" club is here to support your wildest dreams.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:43 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey we could start a new thread called motorcycle accidents? Jeff you start it and I'll chime in later. Nice Ducati Chris!

Quick Reply: My current "final" C4S order