Sponsored by:

My current "final" C4S order

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My current "final" C4S order

Every time I type C4S, I accidentally hit the cap button and type C$S. Given the way my order has taken shape over the last month, I think C$S is more appropriate.

After reading the responses in Jeff's thread this morning about the natural grey leather, I went and looked at it over lunch, and decided the natural leathers have a better feel to them than the"unnatural" black, stone grey and beige leathers. So I changed from black full leather to Dark Grey Natural Leather, and now my order looks like this:

Black exterior
Dark Grey natural leather interior
Adaptive sport seats
Heated front seats
Self dimming mirrors
Bose
6-disc CD changer
Stainless steel exhaust pipes
Tiptronic
Sport seat back in leather
Thicker sport steering wheel
Rear center console in leather
Door finishers in leather
dome lamp cover in leather
Tip gate in leather
Storage bin lid in leather w/porsche crest
floor mats in interior color
Aluminum foot rest
Carbon door sill w/model insignia
Instrument dials in black
Delete model designation
Turbo wheels

I would say I'm done, but I've said that before, so I know better.

My name is Steve, and I'm an order-holic.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve -

Did you take any pictures of the NG leather?

Welcome to the indecisive club. Do you want to be a member? I can't decide whether to join.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

My dealership didn't have a car with the dark grey interior readily available, so no pictures. I made the decision based having seen one at the dealership several times that was on the showroom floor until a couple of weeks ago, and then examining the large leather samples in the sample area today. I never knew before today that the dye process is different for the "natural" leathers, and having compared the large samples side by side today, the "natural" leathers definitely feel better. And if there's a chance the dye will hold up better over time, then I'm sold. The shading difference between dark grey and black is fairly minor. Since Porsche's black isn't a true black, the two shades end up looking very similar.

I just checked my dealer's website to see if I could link pictures to the Slate Grey/Natural Grey Turbo that they used to have on the showroom floor, and they must have sold it, because it's not on the site any more.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hauser_III
My name is Steve, and I'm an order-holic.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I see what is happening here. You and Jeff are competing to see who can build the most expensive C4S. For your own good, you each need to cut off all communication with the other as well as all contact with Rennlist until after you take delivery of your cars. Really, it is for the best. Your Valentine's Day spoil your wife fund depends on it. After the early withdrawl symptoms, you will slowly begin to normalize and feel better. Your wallet will appreciate the time away as well. See you boys in a couple of months.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Thanks, Steve.

It's funny--I'm not typically indecisive, but there are too many choices with this car. Although in my case I think Natural Brown would go well with the Ruby Red, I think I really want a dark interior. I'm just not feeling the Natural Brown with Black Alcantara roofliner and Black deviating carpets--it's back to being almost black again.

However, given how close the NG is to Porsche's Off-Black, I too might go with Natural Grey.

Thanks for the first hand account.

I'm planning on flying to Cleveland on Thursday to check some things out, especially interior leather samples.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MartyB
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. I see what is happening here. You and Jeff are competing to see who can build the most expensive C4S. . . . Your wallet will appreciate the time away as well.
Marty's in denial.

Steve and I are just willing to admit our weakness and indulge it.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
MartyB
Racer

I really racked my brain about what I wanted prior to ordering, but after putting my order in I felt a sort of peace knowing that the issues had been settled even though I could still change my order. The only thing I have added so far is self dimming mirrors and I'm still not sure if I need those. I really don't want 20k in options, so I try to not let my mind wander too much. Dan did educate me with his posts on the natural leather seats though - I never really thought about what "natural" meant, but as much time as I have spent shopping for leather furniture, I know exactly what he is talking about. What is the cost on natural leather, about $1k I think? The natural sounds nice, but I think I'll stick with what I ordered because I like how the black/sand looks together. I think my order is closed anyway - I haven't bothered to ask.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

The nice thing about all the indecisiveness is that at the heart of it all is a truely awesome base car with over 40 years of refinement behind it. Far different than trying to figure out how to paint a Chevrolet Cavalier so you'll like it. No matter what both of you end up with it will awesome in your own way and we will all appreciate it for what it is, a Porsche-even if you do finance it!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
pred8or
Racer

Oh come on Marty dont talk em out of changes. I been trying to egg em on for a few more. Come on Jeff and Steve you guys got some more changes if you think really hard. Gimme something else to read. I agree Rennlist can cost ya money though my order went from 92k to 97k but I think these guys got me beat! I'm set just waiting for the door to close to remove the temptation.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

Yeah, Jeff and I are in a battle to determine whose car will have more options to depreciate faster I think the configurator is down all the time because Jeff and I have broken it.

Jeff, if you like the black interior, then I'm just about 100% sure you'd like the natural grey interior. In some lights, natural grey looks even more black than the black interior, while in others it has a nice dark grey tone. If that's the only reason you're flying to Cleveland, I'm not sure it's worth the trip. But, I know if somebody told me that, I'd still be taking the trip, to see the stuff in person.

Let me know what you add next, so I can figure out what else to throw on to pass you again.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

- No peer pressure here, eh fellas?

Old 02-12-2008, 10:14 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Hauser_III
If that's the only reason you're flying to Cleveland, I'm not sure it's worth the trip.
It's more of a fun flight than anything--it's been a month since I've flown, so I need to get up anyway. And, heck, across the ponds it only takes 30 minutes--less time than it takes to the next nearest dealer around here.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:15 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Chris, no peer pressure at all.

I think we are both just having fun thinkin' it through.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Wink

Oh I know.......you kidding me........I'd do the SAME thing if I was ordering one of these bad boys...

...Delivering these things and NOT driving one home, silently kills me inside.....

... one day! Until then, one of these bad boys will have to suffice..
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

I used to ride.....even after a car hit me.

Quick Reply: My current "final" C4S order