Sponsored by:

Couple simple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrccod
Jay your car was truely hard to pass.....and I did have second thoughts! I fianally took the plunge and got an 06 C2S Carrera White, Saddle Interior, Bose w/ Changer, Nav, Chrome S wheels, and a couple other things I can't think of at the moment. LOL! No pics.... due to arrive in 10 days or so.

Bill

Congrats again Bill, It sounds great. Enjoy it. Looks like I may just trade mine, I really hate to do it since it's so nice.

Regards,
Jay
Old 02-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Arrccod
Instructor

OK...back to the dumb questions.....I searched posts with no luck.....I checked the owner's manual again....I can't seem to find this. On my center console which is painted the exterior color (don't know if that make a difference?) There is a switch (potentiometer?) mounted next to the parking park handle. Any clue on what that does???

Bill
Old 02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

OK...back to the dumb questions.....I searched posts with no luck.....I checked the owner's manual again....I can't seem to find this. On my center console which is painted the exterior color (don't know if that make a difference?) There is a switch (potentiometer?) mounted next to the parking park handle. Any clue on what that does???
Bill
A pic would really help...

Could it be the passenger airbag waning lamp?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Arrccod
Instructor

here's a pic.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The things that I love on my car and would likely have on any car I ordered today
S Version
Adaptive Sport Seats
Full Leather interior
PCCB - I love not having to clean brake dust off wheels

Things I have but do not use
Sport Chrono - hell I do not even know how to use it honestly. Perhaps if I knew how to use it I might use it on occasion. As it is I don't use it
Bose Sound - I use my radio obviously, but cannot tell any difference between Bose and the regular version. Hell I think they are the same they just put Bose stickers on the speakers and charge a bunch of money.
Nav - I have used this a few times. Probably not enough to justify the cost, but the times I have used it I have really been glad I had it.

Things I wish I had
PSE - not a deal breaker for me, but I would like to have it
Sport Design wheels - I like the basic Lobster forks, but prefer the sport designs better.
Different color - I love black and think it looks fantastic when clean. where I live it is impossible to keep clean, and this bugs the hell out of me.

At the end of the day I would order a car and get it the way you like it and drive the hell out of it. It will depreciate whether it has options, no options, wether you drive it or put it in the garage. Getting a Porsche is a special event IMO and I think you should get it exactly as you want. If that happens to be a 2006 with 15k miles sitting on the dealer lot then so be it. If it happens to be a 2008 TT with every option available painted in a paint to order Fountain Blue then that is what you should get. Enjoy and good luck.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
bnh
Intermediate

That "****" is aftermarket for sure. Maybe Bonds ejector seat controller? - might want to keep the roof open!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:28 AM
eljeffo64
Racer

What happens if you turn it???
Old 02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Arrccod
Instructor

Nothing that I can tell......but haven't put the car through the paces with all the crappy weather we're having here.

Bill
Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Nothing that I can tell......but haven't put the car through the paces with all the crappy weather we're having here.

Bill
Maybe it controls the weather.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
CHT
Cruisin'

Did the car come equipped with K40 or other radar? Looks like a K40 volume/mute ****.

BTW, your interior is stunning. Love the leather contrast with white, and I'm not typically a fan of white cars. Beautiful.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Arrccod
Instructor

No ....no radar detector that I can detect. There is also a mysterious on/off switch near the fuse box ...just in front of the drivers door. (Thanks for the interior complenent)

Finally got to take the car for a ride after all the miserable weather we've been having here.

with that I noticed how crappy the stereo is (non Bose) ...is there any easy fix or install with still using the PCM....I prefer not to take it to an audio guy and have my interior torn apart and holes drilled. Was wondering if there was a prefit system you can buy or find?????

Thanks

Bill
Old 03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

bill,
i had my laser jammer installed the other week and they put the on-off switch right under the parking brake handle. are you sure you don't have an aftermarket jammer? the sensors would be in the front bumper on the same plane as the license plate.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine used too, so could choose the options, but i got it almost the way i would have ordered myself.
I got a late 05 C2S Cab
Must have option....Had to be S and 6 speed
Full leather is VERY nice.. classy looking dash
Bose was nice to have
Didnt like the std Lobsters so i have the 19" 5 spoke (classics??)
Chrono... well not sure about this one. Not really used at all
Surprise option... heated seats... these are great, though i would never have ordered them myself.

Then i added Tubi and GW500 iPod and its just about perfect... oh and the Porsche Booster Seat for the 4 year old in the back :-)
Old 03-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

It's quite possible the the original owner had a jammer or something else custom installed with that controlling it,--and then pull the unit when the car was sold,--leaving the black **** so that you wouldn't simply have a hole there.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
It's quite possible the the original owner had a jammer or something else custom installed with that controlling it,--and then pull the unit when the car was sold,--leaving the black **** so that you wouldn't simply have a hole there.
X1

Quick Reply: Couple simple questions