Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I could use a little help spending some money.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
helispud
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

"I was at the dealer in Austin over the weekend and they said all of the cars they order for the lot have, among other things, heated seats. Hello, this is Texas, WTF do you need heated seats for? "

Go a few hundred miles to the northwest and you might find an area in Texas where those heated seats might be very appreciated some winter mornings.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:24 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, You have a PM
Old 01-29-2008, 01:34 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I was at the dealer in Austin over the weekend and they said all of the cars they order for the lot have, among other things, heated seats. Hello, this is Texas, WTF do you need heated seats for? "
Go a few hundred miles to the northwest and you might find an area in Texas where those heated seats might be very appreciated some winter mornings.
+1.

I live in California, and I thought that I would never need heated seat. Turns out I was wrong, my wife taught me that in a cold winter morning or evening (that is, ahem, 49F California cold ), set the climate control to 66F and turned on the heated seat. Wow, cool head and warm bottom, a totally new found comfort! From now on, except a hardcore track car, I wouldn't mind to have heated seats in it.

With best regards,
Old 01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
+1.

I live in California, and I thought that I would never need heated seat. Turns out I was wrong, my wife taught me that in a cold winter morning or evening (that is, ahem, 49F California cold ), set the climate control to 66F and turned on the heated seat. Wow, cool head and warm bottom, a totally new found comfort! From now on, except a hardcore track car, I wouldn't mind to have heated seats in it.

With best regards,
Need is a relative term. <insert smiley faces here> I lived in MA for 46 years and never "needed" heated seats. But there were a few occasions when they may have been nice to have. My wifes car has them and the only time they get used is when one of the front seat occupants turns the other occupant's seat on.

Quick Reply: I could use a little help spending some money.