Sponsored by:

Here's my build list

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:55 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my build list

Ok, nothing special here. If the C4 that I'm looking into (the black used one) falls through, I am probably going to try to get an allocation on a C4S. Here is what I got. I like it sparse. I think the dealers out there with a glut of C4S cars face the problem that they over optioned them. Many of them are well over 100k and frankly I don't see the need for that. Dealers, try a little inventory diversity. I know the money is in the options (at least I thought I read that somewhere) but having so many reasonably speced C2S and so few C4S is frustrating.

911 Carrera 4S
$89,700.00

Exterior Color:
Arctic Silver Metallic
X1
$690.00

Interior Color:
Sand Beige Sport Seats
TE
$360.00

Exterior:

Park Assist System
$530.00

Self Dimming Mirrors
$385.00

Wheels
19" Carrera S Wheel
$0.00

Interior:

Leather Sport Seats
P77
$440.00

Interior Leather:

Thicker Steering Wheel in Leather
XPA
$800.00

Total Price (MSRP)
$92,905.00
Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM
pred8or
Racer

LOL I built a C4S for 92K too , but after you go over your list a few times it will go to 97+. Our lists and priorities are completely different but I am pretty sure you will add to that. I do however agree with your over option theory.

good luck
Old 01-29-2008, 01:30 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pred8or
LOL I built a C4S for 92K too , but after you go over your list a few times it will go to 97+. Our lists and priorities are completely different but I am pretty sure you will add to that. I do however agree with your over option theory.

good luck
Agreed.

I too configured a C4S for $95K. But, then a few things happened here:

1) I posted my list. Whoops!
2) People commented with great suggestions and experience.
3) I decided that it was crazy to spend $95,000 on a car and not get those few amenities that you really want. If you add on $3-5K or more, it's small in the grand scheme of things.

We're not buying these cars because they are good financial moves.

With that said, Bose and Sport Exhaust sure seem to be winners (relatively).

You could always get a C2S. However, if you "need" the 4, at least in part, because of the wider hips. Then you are already on the slippery slope and you need to admit it to yourself. Call it therapy.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Bose I have in my Audi and I am totaly disgusted with. Is it any better in the pcar? I am also an audiophile and know well that Bose is pretty mediocre from an acoustical perspective. I have a great sound system at home and a portable one in my Sure 530pth phones, I don't know what it would add other than a few k to this order.

As far as sports exhaust, what does it really add to the equation? I guess a cooler exhaust sound is nice. But isn't the default one very nice already? I prefer the car to be a bit subdued I think, at least in the auditory sense.

What other options should I consider?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
pred8or
Racer

well for reference here is mine

base 89,700
cobalt 690
sea blue standard
heated front seats 500 (was always an absolute must for me)
floor mats 140 (should be included along with many other items)
XRR carrera sport wheels 835 (another must for me dont like the lobsta)
self dimming mirrors 385 (originally left out added )
sport exhaust 2400 (originally left out added ) no power but you must listen to it
bose 1390 (originally left out added) may take it back off and listen to PSE
red seat belts 540 (originally left out added) only real splurge IMO (if i remove BOSE may add red stiching on seats)
total 96580

so I added PSE , BOSE , dimming mirrors, red seat belts, thanks to the rennlist members be careful they like to spend your money

So as you can see our orders are quite different based on whats important . PSE was an overwhelming must have/want option based on board discussion. SC was overwhelming negative. Most of the other stuff is so subjective on personal tastes.

Quick Reply: Here's my build list