Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does standard leather mean partial leather?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:07 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does standard leather mean partial leather?

On a lot of build sheets I am seeing "standard leather". On the configurator, I see partial leather or full leather. Am I to think that standard means partial?
Old 01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Kevin K
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I understand it, partial leather is standard and means that the seat surfaces are leather (and the steering wheel rim). Adding the "full leather seats" option (different from the full leather option) makes all the seat surfaces in leather. The way you'd notice this is that the seat back is a plastic shell with the standard leather. It is all leather front and back if you opt for the full leather seats option.

The other full leather option adds not only the leather to the seats but also to the dash. I'm not sure about the console, storage bin, etc.

I sprang for the full leather seats because I didn't like the look of the plastic backs, but in reality it was probably money not particularly well spent. I only see it getting into the car - smells nice though.

Oh well.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Kevin
Old 01-27-2008, 03:59 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by doctorpcar
On a lot of build sheets I am seeing "standard leather". On the configurator, I see partial leather or full leather. Am I to think that standard means partial?

Yes
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by doctorpcar
I thought the "standard leather" refers to the standard colours of black, beige, grey and blue. "Special Leather" refers to terra cotta and cocoa, and "natural leather" refers to the nat brown, nat red, and nat grey???
Old 01-27-2008, 05:03 PM
doctorpcar
Instructor

Does anyone have a good picture showing the differences because although I've been in a dozen of these cars I can't remember the difference.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

I have seen one somewhere, but Kevin K explained it in an earlier post.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:39 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I have standard leather w/ power seats. You absolutly can not tell if the rear of the seats are real or fake leather. I have full leather in my 06 Cab and my 07 coupe looks and smells just as good.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:55 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin K
t is all leather front and back if you opt for the full leather seats option.
To get seat backs in leather you need to order option XSB. The full leather option adds a leather covered top and bottom of the dash, door trim, storage bin lid, etc. The seat backs are painted plastic, with a special option to paint in exterior color, unless you order XSB.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Kevin K
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The option codes for the full leather Seats are DE for stone grey, AR for black, TF for beige, FD for blue.

I ordered the DE option for my car and the seats and backs are full leather, no plastic on the backs.

If you visit the Edmunds site: www.edmunds.com, they have all the codes listed as you outfit and price the car, each option price and some explanations as to what the options do. This option was $1550.

Kevin
Old 01-28-2008, 12:36 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

I see my confusion know. I'm comparing the "full leather" options for the interior trim with the "leather seat" options. My car has option BK for black/stone grey interior leather and XSB to get the leather seatbacks. If you don't want the leather dash, glove compartment covers, etc. you can get just the seats with those options.

Quick Reply: Does standard leather mean partial leather?