Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruby Red + Black/Grey/Natural Brown Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ruby Red + Black/Grey/Natural Brown Interior?

I am having a heck of a time trying to choose the right interior color for my soon-to-be-finalized C4S coupe order.

So far, I am set on the "new" Ruby Red exterior, but am torn between the Natural Brown full leather interior (including the center console, roofliner, and small pieces here and there) and a black or grey interior.

Realizing that Ruby Red is a new color on the 997 (but dates back to the early 60's on the 356), there are relatively few pictures. And, in fact, the only pictures I've found are with either black or grey interior. This leads me to wonder why so few order the Natural Brown with the Ruby Red.

So, anyway, I'm interested in your opinion. Do you think NB is a good choice with RR or am I better off with a darker color like this one?

edit (added for reference)

Last edited by InTheAir; 02-16-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm partial to the natural brown of course and think it would be an outstanding combination for the most luxurious 997 around!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
pred8or
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am considering Ruby Red if I can't get the Cobalt. I would be going with Stone and it will look very nice with the Sport Wheels. If your going full leather how about the 2 tone black /stone.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Le Chef
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer had a stunning Ruby Red Turbo with Natural Brown Leather interior until sold a couple of weeks ago. It is a very nice color combination. This car had leather roof, steering column, sunvisors, door finishers, speakers in leather...My only change would be to do contrasting black carpeting.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
V.A.G.
Three Wheelin'

I like the Ruby Red, and go with the Natural Brown Leather! It's a great color combination and gives your car unique look.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ruby is just a great color with lots of life to it. As to interior, put swatches or pics of the interior next to the actual color (or a sample at the dealer) and just pick the one you like best. One thing I've learned about color choices, you'll get lots of opinions on what's best, but remember, color choice is completely subjective. Only your opinion counts. Order the combo you love and don't look back.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:43 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't yet, I would see both in person before deciding, otherwise default to black. I've learned that these combos are much different in person than in some of the Hi-Res pics you may see on the boards.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Go with natural brown....I wish I had of.Full leather everywhere you wont regret it.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:56 PM
MartyB
Racer

I think black, black and stone grey, or just plain stone grey would look fine, but I think all stone grey is a little plain. Here is a pic of cocoa with Ruby Red - not my cup of tea!

I know you haven't talked about it much, but I chose black/sand beige for the Basalt Black car I've ordered and I think it would look amazing with Ruby Red. Here is a Ruby/Sand Beige Cayman I found. I can't find pics of Ruby with Blk/Sand, but Scottsdale Porsche says they have one on their website if you are interested. Pic does not match the car, but they might be able to photograph it for you.

I should mention, a salesperson told me recently that if I wanted something really unique, he could build a black/natural brown interior that is not listed anywhere as an option, but he showed me a picture of it and it looked nice. Of course, it costs extra and there are apprently some tricks to ordering it to make it look right. If you are interested in talking to him, let me know.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

I think it would look really good together. If you're worried about resale value of the NB interior versus a more traditional black or gray, you're already going to be in a "niche" car with the RR exterior, so go with whatever you like, and resale be damned. You're the one that's going to be driving the car for the next few years, so get what makes you feel good.

Does your dealer have large samples of the various leathers and paints? Mine has a whole bunch of large leather samples, and the best thing to do is to take them outside and drape them over a cab interior with the top down in the sunlight.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
MartyB
Racer

I didn't mention Natural Brown, but I think it would look nice too. If you can't see that combo in the flesh, I would at least hold the large paint/leather samples that all dealers should have next to each other, in indoor light and in sunlight.

edit: I see Hauser already suggested that . . . oh well.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

With reds, I always thought Arena/Cashmere was a really striking combination. Never liked Arena/Gray. Black always works - a safe choice. Based on pictures, I think Ruby/NB would be great, but agree I would want to see see a real piece of leather against a paint sample before committing.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

what about cocoa?
Old 01-23-2008, 04:09 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

NB is an excellent choice. I don't have pics of it with RR, but here are some pics of NB with other colors:

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-be...Gallery-11172/

http://www.europeanspeed.com/interior.htm
Old 01-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Go with beige or black. Natural Brown or Sand Beige will work perfectly and offers a really nice contrast. If you like dark bland interiors (I do not mean that in a bad way) go with Black. The nice thing about Porsche Black leather is it's really a charcoal and not deep darkest black. Either option would be perfect.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Quick Reply: Ruby Red + Black/Grey/Natural Brown Interior?