Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruby Red + Black/Grey/Natural Brown Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 AM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hauser - I obviously have the basalt black, and I can tell, you its a snap to keep clean. I have had several other black cars, they who streaks, spiderwebs, swirls, etc. Something about the basalt avoids all of that. As soon as I got the car, I applied 2 coats of rejex, and then I wash it on weekends with Optimum No Rinse...that stuff is ridiculously great.....beads up the paint and the shine is unparalled. ANyway, just my .02
Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Hauser_III
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Cole.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In my final weekend for decision making (my order closes early next week), I've been able to obtain pictures of a Ruby Red C4S with Natural Brown interior (with stock Black Alcantara roofliner). I thought I'd share here:

Black:

Old 02-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Hauser_III
Racer

I vote no on the black alcantara headliner with the natural brown interior. The headliner just seems wrong.

But, my vote doesn't count!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:34 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Today, as I sat in a Carrera Red interior turbo 997 with black headliner, I was thinking I kind of like the balance of the black headliner with a bold/bright color, especially when you consider it's $2000 to change that color (leather roofliner, leather dome, leather visors).
Old 02-16-2008, 10:03 PM
nicu
Racer

if you opt for ruby red you most definetly want cashmere interior imo
Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Jeff,

I like the Natrual Brown interior so much that I would get it even with the black roof liner. How often do you look up to see the head liner? The NB leather looks so much better than the black, IMO. The car in the first pic in your post (#33) looks much better that the car in the last pic.

Last edited by gota911; 02-17-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:18 AM
am722
Drifting

Any chance for deviating black carpets with that NB? I love that look, and it makes the stock headliner look that much more natural. Either way, I would definitely go with the NB over black or NG with the RR.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:00 AM
LvnTheDrm
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love the NB...

I'm likely biased, but I sure get a lot of positive feedback on the unique color combo:
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2008, 03:20 AM
printemps2001
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NB will look beautiful if you are going for a luxurious look. I'd compliment it with some makassar accents. Black works for a sporty interior especially with some exterior colored accents (that's what I have). I don't care for gray.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:32 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by InTheAir
I am having a heck of a time trying to choose the right interior color for my soon-to-be-finalized C4S coupe order.

So far, I am set on the "new" Ruby Red exterior, but am torn between the Natural Brown full leather interior (including the center console, roofliner, and small pieces here and there) and a black or grey interior.
Trust your gut which keeps returning to the black/grey after all the NB detours. I also think your comment about wanting a sporty rather than luxurious look is key to your choice. A few quotes from you which seem to support this:

I've moved away from the natural brown interior for various reasons (wearability, year round driving in Michigan, etc.) to a full leather black interior with Ruby Red
I want the car to look "sporty"--I'm not interested in a real "luxurious" 997
That's why I've opted to stick with a dark color.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:54 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Jeff,

I like the Natrual Brown interior so much that I woukd get even with the black roof liner. The NB leather looks so much better than the black, IMO. The car in the first pic in your post (#33) looks much better that the car in the last pic.
Tim et al-

As you guys know, the interior color combo has been the most difficult part of my order for me. The difficulty lies in that there are no ruby reds near me (new color) and few good pictures of ruby reds.

I admittedly have waffled on this decision.

However, yesterday I traveled down to meet Chris in Cleveland and went over colors and selection (for the first time in person). They have a RR Cayman with C Sport wheel and slate grey interior (slate grey is definitely NOT in the running ). We put the samples of NB, NG, and Black in the car and I was finally able to see these combos in the sun, in the shade, in person.

What I found is that Black and NG are nearly identical--in fact, it is amazing how close they are in appearance. I also found that Sand Beige is too bright for my taste. However, NB is an incredible match with RR. The tones of NB really complement RR and vice versa. The NB has so much more impact compared to the Black/NG. I could live with the black/NG, but that NB is really stunning.

I've been partially reluctant about NB (and perhaps trying to convince myself to choose another color) because of the headliner being black. However, after finally seeing it, . . . I kind of liked it. It adds a nice contrast above your head--ask all the cab guys.

My last few cars have had light interiors and I do like them.

After finally seeing these colors in person, I have to give the nod to NB for overall effect and impact. It truly is an incredible combo in person.

My order window is most likely to close tomorrow, so today is Judgment Day.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:00 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

RR with NB will look great, IMHO. Very classy and rich combo. I don't think the black headliner will matter much, and it's not worth optioning up that much more leather to change it. You can always throw in some black floormats if you want to tie in more w/ the headliner.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:08 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ajag
You can always throw in some black floormats if you want to tie in more w/ the headliner.
I was thinking the same thing--perhaps even as winter mats.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:17 AM
mal28
Rennlist Member

I would vote for leather sunvisors, dome surround and roofliner in leather to match the seat colors, this is what I did and am very pleased

Quick Reply: Ruby Red + Black/Grey/Natural Brown Interior?