Sponsored by:

Is this a large project? 05 997 Gauge swap black for white

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:28 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Is this a large project? 05 997 Gauge swap black for white

I love white gauges and few of the cars I considering just don't have them. (05 997's) Is this a hard swap etc? Could I take out the black and swap with someone that may want black instead of white (is this a dream, would no one want to swap?) or is this an easy fix; just need to buy the white gauge faces and install? (including sport chono face) Thanks all. Apologize in advance if this is a bad question. Tried some searches first and couldn't seem to get the right answers from prior postes.... thank you

Last edited by mickfluff; 01-18-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to see this site for gauge face options and costs just for the parts.

http://shop.fvd.de/?VID=512778&VCD=1...&F=Gauge+Faces

Deanski
Old 01-19-2008, 12:17 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default wow

1300+ for the swap..... was hoping it would be in the 500 max range. Wonder if just swapping with someone that prefers black to their white could be a cheaper alternative,,,, finding that person willing to swap maybe the big challenge though.... thanks again

Originally Posted by Deanski
You may want to see this site for gauge face options and costs just for the parts.

http://shop.fvd.de/?VID=512778&VCD=1...&F=Gauge+Faces

Deanski
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,028 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
I love white gauges and few of the cars I considering just don't have them. (05 997's) Is this a hard swap etc? Could I take out the black and swap with someone that may want black instead of white (is this a dream, would no one want to swap?) or is this an easy fix; just need to buy the white gauge faces and install? (including sport chono face) Thanks all. Apologize in advance if this is a bad question. Tried some searches first and couldn't seem to get the right answers from prior postes.... thank you

Maybe just try to find a sparsely optioned, slightly higher mile S rather than a base. White gauges are standard on all 997S-cars as far as I know.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The true white guage faces are an option when you start to configure/build your car. I was looking at the difference between them on Porsche website when I did my car.

The "S" is really not a true white, but some like it.

Me? Later I will be changing faces from the off-white stock to black with yellow pointers and have a yellow face for the tach (a la F430).

Unsure of labor costs to remove/replace these, but that's what makes are cars unique.

Deanski

Quick Reply: Is this a large project? 05 997 Gauge swap black for white