Sponsored by:

Barrier Porsche in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Mark1996
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barrier Porsche in Seattle

Just wanted to say that I am impressed by the service department at Barrier Porsche in the Seattle area. Recently, I took my car in for its 20k service. The cost for the service was a reasonable $441. They also picked up the cost of the rental/loaner car which I kept overnight. This impressed me given that I did not buy the car from Barrier.

I had them check on my clutch which had been squealing on engagement on rare occasions. As expected, the service tech could not cause the noise during his test drive. The service advisor called me and volunteered to drive the car himself to attempt to locate the problem. In the end, the clutch worked perfectly with no noise while at Barrier. My clutch was pronounced healthy.

Anyone else have a good(or bad) experience at Barrier?
Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark1996
Just wanted to say that I am impressed by the service department at Barrier Porsche in the Seattle area. Recently, I took my car in for its 20k service. The cost for the service was a reasonable $441. They also picked up the cost of the rental/loaner car which I kept overnight. This impressed me given that I did not buy the car from Barrier.

I had them check on my clutch which had been squealing on engagement on rare occasions. As expected, the service tech could not cause the noise during his test drive. The service advisor called me and volunteered to drive the car himself to attempt to locate the problem. In the end, the clutch worked perfectly with no noise while at Barrier. My clutch was pronounced healthy.

Anyone else have a good(or bad) experience at Barrier?
The 20k service for my C2S Cab was $799. Next time I'll drive to Seattle and the savings will pay for the trip. However, even $441 seems high. The 20k service on my C55 MBZ was $199.

Glad to hear a good news story for a change.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Tone
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a mixed experience with them a few years ago (might have been before they moved to the new building?).

Went in for wire harness recall on my 95 Carrera.
Customer service was excellent.
However, their quote to replace the rear deck/engine lid struts was outrageous - several hundred $$s.
Squires in Bellevue did it under $100 parts & labor - where it should be for a simple job.
They washed my car but unfortunately left 1/2 of it sudsy - so I had to rewash at home.

Looks like they're doing better now - which is nice.
The couple times I've spoken with Sales was great: very nice, knowledgeable, not high pressure, helpful etc..
Old 01-05-2008, 05:34 AM
msh26
Instructor

Service at Barrier is really good in my book. Justin, Kevin, Gary, and crew are awesome.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:18 AM
ex10psi
Racer

My only word of caution is to stay away from Andrew at Barrier service. The Home Depot customer treatment immediately came to mind while dealing with him for routine service. Definitely unexpected (and out of the ordinary) from Barrier.

Other than him, I agree with the other folks that Barrier runs a good operation and servicing my car there has been a pleasant experience (with 1 exception).
Old 01-05-2008, 12:21 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have been the best dealer service I have ever had. They have done such a good job with warranty and other issues that I take none warranty work to them. I know it cost more but it is well worth it for me. Great guys. Their service department is why I have bought 4 cars from Barrier.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 PM
ex10psi
Racer

Originally Posted by roberga
They have been the best dealer service I have ever had. They have done such a good job with warranty and other issues that I take none warranty work to them. I know it cost more but it is well worth it for me. Great guys. Their service department is why I have bought 4 cars from Barrier.
We have something in common, I too have bought 4 cars from Barrier. My sales guy is steve cho, awesome guy!
Old 01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I arranged for my car to be serviced there while passing through on a long road trip. (I.e., they knew ahead of time I didn't buy the car there and wouldn't be back anytime soon.) They were very friendly, helpful and fair. I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Quick Reply: Barrier Porsche in Seattle