Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 front bumper/lip and lowering springs??

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 03:37 AM
ouroboros
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Synergy,

Your car looks great. Do you have the shopping list for that conversion?
Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
I have the Aerosport front bumper cover and H & R lowering springs. As others have said you have to drive carefully and take the dips at an angle. I bought a set of PSS9 Damptronics, but I have't had the time to install them yet. I also removed my lower lip almost immediately and saved it. I bought several GT3 lips which were cheap ($88.) and take just a few minutes to replace....

Synergy what window tint are you using? As others have said, beautiful car.
This is exactly what I did, use the GT3 lip which is a flat black in color. Cheap and yep, easy to take off and on.

I too had film on the lip and it does help. But no matter how careful one is, no one can prep you for exiting out a steep parking lot ramp and listening to it drag and scrape on the ground. Maybe a Cup lip that has the center cut upward which may prevent the problem or at least make it not as bad.

I'm dying to hear your review of the PSS9 Damptronics. Those that I know who have them, love them as they are very adjustable from ride height to rebound/spring rates making your very own version of PASM. I'm thinking of the PSS9 Damptonics as well.

My advise is to obtain a few GT3 lips and live with the fact it will scrape something, just be careful that someone does not hit you in the rear as you slowly exit or enter parking lots, roadways etc while you try not to scrape up the lip.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The sound of the lip scraping is terrible and never gets better, just gos with the territory.

My lip sits 3.75 in. above the ground and I just deal with it.

The biggest issue is the 3 ft. distance from the bottom of the spoiler lip to the front tire that makes the 5.6° approach angle a PIA.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:38 AM
vizman
Advanced

Can anyone offer any advice how to approach steep driveways and ramps, speed bumps etc.? I'm also contemplating lowering my 997 Aero but first I have to learn how to stop scraping the damn thing.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:15 AM
997driver
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

it's so difficult because it's so low, and the front end is so long. If the driveway etc is steep AND narrow, you're basically $hit out of luck. Sometimes I get so desperate not to scrape that I back out of driveways to exit. Good thing the lip is plastic and relatively inexpensive to replace.

Quick Reply: GT3 front bumper/lip and lowering springs??