Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Option(s) Do You Wish You Did ~NOT~ Get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007 | 12:35 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Evertime I drive my C2S it's: Sport ON, PASM: Normal. Setting the Sport to off just doesn't fit a Porsche. Sounds wimpy, throttle is sluggish. This is with PSE as well. Sounds so much better as you hear the gates open even at idle, but hammer it and it sounds like what a Porsche should sound like.

Start your day as I do: Sport: ON, PASM: Normal. Drive it all day like that, then set it back and you tell me.
Old 12-10-2007 | 01:20 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJ23
I think if you polled those who have the Sport Chrono for the investment most would agree it does add more response to the throttle and is worth the extra cost.
That's not what you said. You said it added "extra power" which it absolutely does not do.

I agree that it makes the throttle more twitchy. Whether or not that's worth a thousand bucks seems like a bit of a stretch to me. I find it makes the car harder to control with finesse and I never turn the sport mode on, especially on the track where smooth throttle is critical.

Edit: I hacked my PSE so that it would be always on. I love the sound. If I didn't have the sport chrono I'd just be able to turn PSE on by itself and wouldn't have had to hack the exhaust.
Old 12-10-2007 | 01:27 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deanski
Sounds so much better as you hear the gates open even at idle, but hammer it and it sounds like what a Porsche should sound like.
You don't need the sport chrono for that sound, just PSE by itself.
Old 12-10-2007 | 02:52 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

I wish I did the "paint to sample" exterior in Orange...oh well, it gives me a reason to buy another one in a few years...
Old 12-10-2007 | 09:35 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

I love my car. I'll get another in about 1.5 years.

But, that said, the next P-car will not have the Sport Chrono or the PSE.

I have not used the SC ... and the PSE is not my taste. Also, not sure I'll get the C4S ... maybe just the C2S. But, I love the BIG butt.
Old 12-10-2007 | 10:21 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

I tend to get the options that come from the factory that are not done after market. Full leather heated seats PCCB. Others like exhaust and light wheels I go afterward. Usually less cost and better results. When I say that the vendors include Porsche Motorsports.
Old 12-12-2007 | 10:06 AM
Marco8
Racer

Originally Posted by Tinluver
Sport Chrono probably good for resale if one cares
+1 Besides remap of throttle map, works nice w/ PASM and lets you tailor things like locking preferences, running lights etc.

As for X-51, great package but very pricey 16K=26HP, better bang for buck going turbo 25K=125HP (w/ overboost 150HP+)
Old 12-12-2007 | 11:22 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
But, I love the BIG butt.
...and other brothers can't deny. <insert music>

Me, too.

Quick Reply: What Option(s) Do You Wish You Did ~NOT~ Get?