Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticket Lawyer in North County San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way to handle this is to find a lawyer that worked for the prosecutors office where you got your ticket and if he is friends with the judge's and the prosecutor's. It will cost you about $250 and he or she will be able get you probation which may entail safety school or no points and paying fine/court cost. You may actually need to pay everything but I doubt it. I'd much rather pay for a lawyer then pay the tax collecting cops.

Now go buy a K40 Laser Defuser and Radar Detector.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:41 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Suggest that you first request a "Trial by Written Declaration" which allows you to fight the ticket by mail. Good info on this at Ticket Assassin as noted previously.

If you are found guilty with the written declaration you can then request a Trial de Novo and get a second chance to fight it. Then go get a good lawyer.

You've got nothing to lose with the written declaration.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:03 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by cvanslyk
It's a higher charge than a speeding ticket with more impact so I think I need to pay attention to it. I'm also not guilty of speeding and question the use of this law. I think it was written to stop kids from racing not 40 yr olds from taking corners too fast...from a dead stop at a light.
taking a corner too fast??? I'd think if you had done that you'd roll, wreck, spin out or something/

what bull**** - just because you have a car that CAN corner that fast - why is that against the law?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

I used Mitch Mehdy, unfortunately I didn't get Mitch himself and had gotten someone in his office that lost my case, to be fair my ticket was in Winter Haven and not in SD county or city. I have heard amazing things about Mitch, I have a friend who's brother is a SD district atty that referred his own mother on a red light camera violation and Mitch won the case for her.

Again, I'm not pushing for Mitch but just sharing my experience and knowledge.

Good Luck! BTW I have a Valentine One and got nailed with laser last October and from what I hear those are almost indefensible
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabeproracer
I used Mitch Mehdy, unfortunately I didn't get Mitch himself and had gotten someone in his office that lost my case, to be fair my ticket was in Winter Haven and not in SD county or city. I have heard amazing things about Mitch, I have a friend who's brother is a SD district atty that referred his own mother on a red light camera violation and Mitch won the case for her.

Again, I'm not pushing for Mitch but just sharing my experience and knowledge.

Good Luck! BTW I have a Valentine One and got nailed with laser last October and from what I hear those are almost indefensible
Depends on whether you allow that evidence UN-contested.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 AM
alexstjo
Track Day

I used mitch, He personally didn't show up to court. I wouldn't use him again. you are better off on your own.

Quick Reply: Ticket Lawyer in North County San Diego