Sponsored by:

Performance Car Capsule

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Performance Car Capsule

Anyone have any thoughts on this product?

http://www.automotion.com/Productpag...0Capsule&part=

Did you ever wish you could seal your perfectly polished and detailed car into its own protective bubble, keeping it safe from dings condensation and all the environmental gremlins that slowly turn it from new to old. Well, now you can, with the ingenious Car Capsule. You just drive your car onto the laminated fabric basemat, then zip the durable, clear 8 mil PVC bubble over the top. A built-in fan and filter provides a continuous flow of dry, filtered air while your car rests inside, preventing rust from condensation. The Car Capsule Operates for approximately $1.50/month. US Patent No. 4991363
Old 09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's silly and excessive. It's a car, not last night's lasagna.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:58 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I think it's silly and excessive. It's a car, not last night's lasagna.
Well said.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:12 PM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Why is this any more excessive than a good indoor car cover that I know many people on here use.
And this doesn't actually make any contact with the car.
Just curious?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:19 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Why is this any more excessive than a good indoor car cover that I know many people on here use.
And this doesn't actually make any contact with the car.
Just curious?
It's one thing to maintain your car properly, keep it washed and waxed, etc. It's quite another to wrap it in bubble wrap in fear of some errant dust particle causing a minuscule spider scratch that will ultimately have no bearing on the car's overall appearance or resale value. If you're that scared of abrasive materials getting in contact with your car, how do you manage to even drive it?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:23 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the car capsules for cars that i maintain in my collection that i do not drive that often. for my driver(s) the nice facbric covers do just fine. but for longer term stuff, those bubbles keep dusty out and off the car, they allow you to see/appreciate visually the car....they are cool looking when you have a few of them. they are cheap to maintain, very very easy to install (about 90seconds to zip up in total), they fill up in moments so nothing is on the car.
they also protect the car from bumping one door to another, from someone touching the car..you can show guests/friends the cars without having them pawing them.

you dont ahve to agree with it, but those are the upsides if that is what you are looking to do...

for a daily driver, too much..over the top...for a car you are storing for a longer period, infrequent use, i think they are great
Originally Posted by ELUSIVE
Anyone have any thoughts on this product?

http://www.automotion.com/Productpag...0Capsule&part=

Did you ever wish you could seal your perfectly polished and detailed car into its own protective bubble, keeping it safe from dings condensation and all the environmental gremlins that slowly turn it from new to old. Well, now you can, with the ingenious Car Capsule. You just drive your car onto the laminated fabric basemat, then zip the durable, clear 8 mil PVC bubble over the top. A built-in fan and filter provides a continuous flow of dry, filtered air while your car rests inside, preventing rust from condensation. The Car Capsule Operates for approximately $1.50/month. US Patent No. 4991363
Old 09-10-2007, 03:33 PM
CBnAT
Pro

I believe you can get those with climate control, may be helpful if you want to avoid must etc., if the car sits for awhile.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

What will be an even better idea is to buy your new car and then just LEAVE IT IN THE DEALER'S SHOWROOM FOR EVER!
Old 09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

probably a smidgeon less fun than having a warehouse with all your sweet rides, all nice and perfecto, and then choosing which honey you're going to drive for the week. close but no cigar.

Originally Posted by draxa
What will be an even better idea is to buy your new car and then just LEAVE IT IN THE DEALER'S SHOWROOM FOR EVER!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

It appears that people buy Porsches to admire them. Some admire their cars by driving the hell out of them and some by taking care of them like fine art. I respect both camps but subscribe to the former. However, If I was in the market for a used Porsche, I would love to get a car that had this type of cover and care. Bottom line-if you like it, get it.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

On second thoughts, it did say the buble protects the car from dings. I would be interested if it would protect my car from the wife or is that what is being referred to as "industrial gremlins."
Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

I subscribe to both. equipment, or atleast some equipment, is meant to be pushed to the limit. i do it wth my bikes, i am a bit more conservative with the cars...but then its also fun to collect. strokes and folks.
latr.

Originally Posted by Alstoy
It appears that people buy Porsches to admire them. Some admire their cars by driving the hell out of them and some by taking care of them like fine art. I respect both camps but subscribe to the former. However, If I was in the market for a used Porsche, I would love to get a car that had this type of cover and care. Bottom line-if you like it, get it.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by spg993tt
probably a smidgeon less fun than having a warehouse with all your sweet rides, all nice and perfecto, and then choosing which honey you're going to drive for the week. close but no cigar.
Cool, I'll be by next week so we can figure out which one pulls the best parking lot donuts.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

spg-mind sharing some pics? would love to see some of the cars in your stable.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

www.911flatnose.com shows most of them. i have others which arent real buzz cars but i like a lot for my own personal reasons.

those bubbles are about 330 and pretty nice. i have a number of them, and i would recommend them for anyone who really wants to protect the cars logner term...great for winter storage.

Originally Posted by Alstoy
spg-mind sharing some pics? would love to see some of the cars in your stable.

Quick Reply: Performance Car Capsule