Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2 or C4 for daily driver in New England

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007 | 08:46 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Moogle
For the price of a C4 you can get a C2s, which I think you will be much happier with. Realistically the 4WD system is not really for driving in the snow, although it is good in the rain. The C2S is already amazing in the rain.

I would recommend going with the C2S, the additional power is worth it over the C4's 4WD
I agree with Moogle ... to some degree or other. Yes, there is a difference between the prices of a C4 vs a C2S (?), but you may not be happier.

Personally, I chose the C4S version because I occasionally drive in rain (not snow), and I enjoy hammering the car around corners at 45-55 mph (in the dry) with my foot on the brake, the 'go peddle' and rev matching shifting. Just some weird deal I like to do a couple times on the way home from work. Whatever ...

But, the REAL reason I chose the C4S is because I love the way the car looks from the rear. I love the BIG rear end on the car, the huge tires and the way that shape flows more so than the 'lesser' C's. Again, in my opinion.

That said, I think one could buy/rent a C2 and buy/rent a Subie SUV for the "other times" and be quite happy with the same money spent. Screw the 4WD in the P-car. It is not any where as good as the AWD in most modestly priced SUVs or cross overs. The C4 cars were never meant to be a 'snow car'. Thinner snow treaded tires shod on winter wheels would be needed in light snow. The car is toooooo low to make it thru snow any more than 2-3" deep. And, it'll still be squirrelly, believe me. It makes more sense to me ... if you want a YEAR 'round car to get a 2WD P-car and something else for the 'bad times'. Better all the way 'round.

Other's may differ as usual.
Old 08-03-2007 | 11:51 PM
george_k
Instructor

+1
GMC for the snow
C2S for the rest

Quick Reply: C2 or C4 for daily driver in New England